Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 3:54pm
I know a girl with lips like that, to say hello to. Lovely person, not silly, wonder why she did it to herself
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 9:58pm
LOL.   You gotta wonder why pretty girls do absurd things to themselves.   To make themselves look prettier,  and it never does. 
Its so fake and plastic.   Pretty girls should just rest on their laurels,,,,,not do dumb stuff so they look like freaks.  
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

You have to wonder where they find these dumb women.  But as to baby names, there are some weird ones out there.  Those lips ! OMG, like 2 fat savs sitting below her nose.  Bubbler Boy should be just her type .

AT THE COONABARABRAN CUP       

Obviously AA missed reading it , so I'll give it another run.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 11:17pm
I dint miss it Macca.   Just couldnt quite work out what you were inferring ??  Me = dumb.  Or what ???

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 1:45am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I dint miss it Macca.   Just couldnt quite work out what you were inferring ??  Me = dumb.  Or what ???

NO NO you wonderful Lady.....

You said on an earlier thread , Your fav Race was the COONABARABAN CUP ,
as you met your OH there.

On this thread you asked . " Where do they find such dumb Women "

I said at the COONABARRABAN CUP ...    hahahahaha

I split my sides ...   That's the main thing ..   It's OK AA.    If it went over your head ..   
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:50pm
SBS Thursday 18th April at 10:35 pm (60 minutes)

In a scenario that reads like a Joff's All Sports wet dream the Nazis won the Battle of Britain and have Great Britain under occupation and at the command of the SS.  

Churchill has been executed and the King is held in the Tower of London while much of the royal family escaped to Canada and the Bahamas.  The Parliament passed the Emergency Powers (German Occupation) Act  giving executive power to the Germans.  

The German's pact with the Soviet's stands and Karl Marx's body has been exhumed and removed from Highgate cemetery to Moscow as part of the German-Soviet Friendship Week celebrations.   

Douglas Archer is a 30 year old Detective Superintendent with Scotland Yard who lost his wife and home during the German Invasion.  He considers resistance against the German overlords futile.  He is called upon by SS Grupenfurther Fritz Kellerman, the head of German police forces, to investigate a murder ...

So begins SS-GB, a 5 part TV mini series on SBS tonight.  It impressed the critics in the UK but the bumper audience for the opening chapter fell away as the series played out.  They found it a bit grim apparently ... but Nazi occupations are like that. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 8:53pm
We watchin' the Lions baby
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:39pm
I've just watched the OH spend over $1,200 on a couple of paintings.

One pays (me) and the other hangs.

Where's that rope?  Ermm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 9:45pm
The TV program guides & Racing.com seem to have a lot of trouble seeing eye to eye, for example, tonight, Friday:

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I've just watched the OH spend over $1,200 on a couple of paintings.

One pays (me) and the other hangs.

Where's that rope?  Ermm

Could have been worse. 

This rabbit went for $131.8 million overnight while some Haystacks topped $160 million a couple of days ago....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 1:13am
Is that a liddle glass wabbit ?  Confused  Looks like two I bought in a curio shop in Cambridge years ago.  For about 5 quid each .   Dont tell me thats worth millions ???  Noooo,,,,,why so pricey ?  Wonder can I get that for mine ????
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Longmire, Netflix. Wyoming sheriff crime show. First show we’ve seen that includes American Indian culture. Set alongside a reservation. Real Indians, not actors dressed up!
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 1:20am
Hi guys.

I do not have Fox streaming and so I'd love to get someone's view on the series Chernobyl. I saw it had beaten Game Of Thrones rating (9.8 to GOT 9.7) on some tv website and I am much more interested in watching this than GOT.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2019 at 5:49pm
Have just watched a few scenes from the Chernobyl series, and it looks like a great watch.

A scene where three men go in to try and allow them to drain the water out of the lower level water holders, is chilling, especially when their torches lose power and in the pitch black you can hear the Geiger counters going crazy due to the radiation levels.

This will be a must see series when it starts next Wednesday on Fox!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2019 at 11:54pm
Just watching eps 1 & 2 - Excellent ... doesn't even need Dragons!

I did see that the unhinged lefties are criticising it due to the lack of diversity - no black actors - I think they are blaming Trump and Russia ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 12:58am
I must have missed the African Americans who helped clean up the Chernobyl site Doctor, or maybe they were talking about the Kenyans or Brazillians.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2019 at 8:55pm
Watching episode 5 now ... still an all white cast ...Confused
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 7:44pm
Great yarn, brilliantly told - as they say, fact is stranger than fiction!

I remember when it happened, but it was one of those things that was "over there", didn't affect me, not really interested, and so what.

The full details and account of life in "modern" USSR, how it happened, the human suffering and cost, and the potential cost is incredible ... and the official death toll remains at 31.

Final Episode giving evidence during the hearing, Chief Investigator, Valory Legasov, explaining what went wrong, amongst all of the dispassionate descriptions of how fusion works and how and why it failed, he makes the stark, thought provoking and hertfelt statement of mans "successs" in harnesing nuclear power " ... it is a beautiful thing". 
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 8:03pm
I heard yesterday Doc, that the old Vlad has got his script writers, putting Russia's version together which blames a CIA plot for the reactor explosion.

That should be a interesting watch, from a purely entertaining point of view . It seems the Russians have learnt from The Donald about fake news, or maybe Donald learnt from them   

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:46am
I've read a few things since watching it, which state there was some minor "licence" taken - nothing really disputing the overall tale, or that takes away from it.

Hard to imagine it being anything better by making it into a work of fiction.

I suggest you get yourself comfortable, sit down with a cheap bottle of Vodka, a packet of American cigarettes, and enjoy! Thumbs Up

... what's that you say about The Donald? ... I heard that he was 100% Exonerated ...Tongue
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 3:35am
Was having my Covfefe this morning in YKPAIHA and nearly sh*t my pants reading how Putler didn't think D-Day was not a "Game Changer" in WWII....

Interesting to not the Molotov-Ribbontrop pact of 1939 is nowhere to be see in Russian History textbooks either....

BTW Why buy Cheap Vodka when moonshine is art form over here?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 12:38pm
Good bottle of moonshine on day 1, top yourself up with a glass of water for the next 6 days and get drunk all over again.  Nothing cheap about that !Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 1:45pm
Not with our dam levels , it is expensive.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 2:03pm

There WAS a black soldier in Chernobyl, and he is Russian (PHOTOS)

Published time: 4 Jun, 2019 19:11
Criticism of HBO’s Chernobyl for not casting ‘people of color’ may have caused fallout on social media, but it turns out at least one of the Russian liquidators of the 1986 nuclear disaster was in fact black.

British screenwriter Karla Marie Sweet unleashed a flame war over the weekend, objecting to the HBO miniseries not casting more “people of color.” One of the main arguments of those who pushed back was that Soviet Ukraine circa 1986 did not look much like modern-day Britain.

That is still technically true, but the curious case of Igor Anatolyevich Khiryak is the exception that proves the rule

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 6:07pm
That would make a story in itself PT.

Which region of the Soviet region was he from? The only different racial group for me would be Slavic or Mongolian, and they do not have the very dark skin tone.

Still there were over 600,000 deployed troops in the aftermath and to have 1 of darker skin color, and then to claim the series makers are racist or they failed to employ more diverse actors is just illogical.

I am actually more surprised that there has not been a bigger uproar that they all speak in their Celtic, Gaelic or Scottish brogue, especially the miners who dug the tunnel under the reactor room. But I think for western broadcasting I can accept that, as it has happened before. I remember watching The Lighthorseman movie, I think Bruce Beresford directed, and all the Turkish officers at Beresheba were all giving orders in English.     
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2019 at 6:20pm

What HBO got wrong: Chernobyl general gives hit TV show a reality check

Published time: 7 Jun, 2019 22:25
No one told rookie troops to shoot cows in Chernobyl and the miners there never worked naked, Major General Nikolai Tarakanov, who headed the real ‘liquidators’ in 1986, has told RT’s documentary channel.

Tarakanov praised other aspects of the show, adding that the actor who played him in the HBO hit did a “great job.”

Major General Tarakanov was one of the key participants of the events in Chernobyl in 1986, receiving a high dose of radiation while in charge of the troops working to decontaminate the ill-fated power plant.

http://www.rt.com/news/461348-chernobyl-disaster-tarakanov-hbo/

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:52am
Time Bomb : The making of the Bourke St murderer - Fours Corners tonight at 8.30pm

By all reports this story is a blight on the the Victorian Police. Had a rap sheet 20 pages long - including multiple stabbings, violent assaults going back to when he was a kid. Great example of where "soft" policing gets you. Heads have to roll surely.

For you Macca.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:07pm
Courts or policing?

Going by the preview and a discussion with the presenter the police tried to keep him locked up but the court system, particularly a system of bail applications where the person adjudicating the bail hearing was a school teacher with no formal legal training(a system peculiar to Victoria) who wouldn't remand him. The teacher has since said the police didn't submit in the hearing a 20+ count criminal history. Bit of a sh*tfight it seems.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 12:13pm
Four Corners once again showing it is the best investigative programme ever on Australian TV

But I am confused, posters say the ABC is totally biased yet quote it when it suits them Confused
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Courts or policing?

Going by the preview and a discussion with the presenter the police tried to keep him locked up but the court system, particularly a system of bail applications where the person adjudicating the bail hearing was a school teacher with no formal legal training(a system peculiar to Victoria) who wouldn't remand him. The teacher has since said the police didn't submit in the hearing a 20+ count criminal history. Bit of a sh*tfight it seems.
Both have a bit to answer from what I saw
Refer ALP Election Promises
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 54>