Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:42pm
It probably accompanied me to Randwick the following Saturday.

He was in cabaret at the Sydney Hilton for a week and I was working as a chef in the San Francisco Grill.

He kept walking around the hotel peeling off $20 notes to all the staff. Some got 3 or 4. $20 was a bit of money then.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:31pm
About to watch part 2 of 3 episodes of the History Channel's historical drama Elizabeth 1 and her enemies on SBS at 7:30.

The first episode was very good, so I will try the second.. 
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:27pm
BBL starts tomorrow night.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 4:57pm
The Bureau (Le Bureau des Légendes) on SBS streaming is very good. Series 4 just started.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:25pm
JUDGE JUDY
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 4:18pm
Judge Judy is so rude to everyone except her silent sidekick, she gives me the irrits. My hubby watches her though
Did anyone see that movie last night with Anthony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling, Fractured?
Can’t remember the last time I bothered to see out a late night movie.
But what a great physiological thriller!
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 4:26pm
Judge Judy is a bit of a mystery to me. It must be phenomenally popular in large markets around the world because she is the highest paid person in television- around US$50 million a year.Shocked But I can't imagine it being phenomenally popular anywhere.

Simon Cameron

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 7:47pm
I dont see Judge Judy much but when i do I like how she talks over the dead beats and puts them in their place.  LOL  Wouldnt mind a few judges like her in these parts.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 9:52pm
I was hoping to watch the fireworks being washed out...but the damned thunderstorm went away....

FUDGE !!!
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2019 at 12:33am
Me too JJ.  Call me Grinch.   Total waste of money, not to mentions all the gasses it causes, when we are all supposed to be greenhouse conciencious. 
Think what that money spent on those crackers could do for homeless and sick, not to mention some of the animals in desperate need. 
animals before people.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:14am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:20am
the above is the Royal Edinburgh military tattoo.

at the 28 minute mark is the sultanate band of Oman.

the horses put the royal greys to shame for calm under pressure.

the riders are playing instruments as they ride.

and the  drummer on horseback is a female.

the band is made up largely of women.

wonderful spectacle.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:21am
and the horses look to be arabs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 7:59am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

and the horses look to be arabs.

Security risk Isaac?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:37am
I love the tattoo.  Suppose I missed it yesterday sometime ?  I have been to it twice in Edinburgh, and also in Sydney when they brought it out here.  It was good but nothing like seeing it on the forcourt of the great castle . 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 11:52am
Have any of you horsey people watched The Rider? I've got it teed up ready to watch but that doesn't necessarily mean I will watch it. I had the first series of The Crown ready to go for a year but in the end I could never generate enough enthusiasm for the subject matter to bother watching.

Simon Cameron

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:00pm
The reviews seem very good so I think I'll see if PB has it & watch later if they have - thanks Smile
These are not direct links Wink
https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-rider-2018
Rating: 4/4 - ‎Review by Godfrey Cheshire
Apr 13, 2018 - The best American movie this critic has seen in the past year, Chloé Zhao's “The Rider,” is the kind of rare work that seems to attain greatness ...

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-rider
Rating: 92% - ‎42 votes
The Rider movie reviews & Metacritic score: Once a rising star of the rodeo circuit, and a gifted horse trainer, young cowboy Brady is warned that his riding...

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 12:12pm
Hmmm, seems this one's in tight lockdown Angry Bummer!

In response to multiple complaints that we received under the US Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we have removed 6 results from this page. If you wish, you may read the DMCA complaints that caused the removals at LumenDatabase.org: Complaint, Complaint, Complaint, Complaint.

ETA: I rarely go far down the proxy list but in this case it's paid off Big smile 

https://cruzing.xyz/search/the%20rider/1/99/0

Edited by Gay3 - 02 Jan 2019 at 12:17pm
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 1:22pm
Tennis mainly. Tonight and for pretty much the entire month.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Have any of you horsey people watched The Rider? I've got it teed up ready to watch but that doesn't necessarily mean I will watch it. I had the first series of The Crown ready to go for a year but in the end I could never generate enough enthusiasm for the subject matter to bother watching.

Slow, brooding, dark, internal psychological battle & contradictory horse breaking scenes i.e. gentle & gaining trust followed by the total opposite with belting hell out of the horse once on it Confused
I did like that all shots only used a bosal halter, no bit, most unusual & there are some poignant scenes but overall, rather a struggle & I have 10mins left to watch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
No thanks.   Not for me.   Rather watch the inside of my eye lids than that dark and nasty stuff.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:01pm
Das Boot sbs wedsnesday

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:16pm
Forgetting TV for a moment, am disappointed the way some members have stuck das boots into you of recent times Isaac.ShockedWink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:26pm
broad shoulders

but your claws are showing.

Das boot, good show

german submariners in the second world war. plus other story lines.

based on the movie from the eighties.

suspense and intrigue.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:37pm
Second half of The Godfather 2

That was the time when Pacino, De Niro used to make good films
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:41pm
We watched G2 last night Whale, after the other half watched G1 the night before.Just marvelous stuff.

Neither have seen episode 3 showing tonight at 8.30 so will be tuning in.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:46pm
no 3 is good but nowhere near as brilliant as 1* 2
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:00pm
Cheers Whale.

I'm looking forward to it if for no reason other than to watch the marvelous Eli Wallach play a mafia Don, following earlier characters of diverse ethnic origin.  I even fondly remember him playing a quiet, self effacing, ruminative librarian - for once as a Jewish person he so much was.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:11pm
I will be watching episodes 11-13 of The Americans first season 2013.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I will be watching episodes 11-13 of The Americans first season 2013.

i am surprised pt.

what have you learned?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2829303132 54>