Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:51pm
The Bachelorette, with my daughter.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:07pm
You dont have to use your daughter as cover Doc. Just own up and say ''I am watching The Bachelorette''
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You dont have to use your daughter as cover Doc. Just own up and say ''I am watching The Bachelorette''

ClapLOL
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:18pm
I’m watching that show where people watch TV.
My OH loves it, so I’ll just sit and watch
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:14am
My missus loves Gogglebox too POP!Confused 

I just try to slip away and busy myself with nothing after the Bachelor/Bachelorette is over ... it's a bit low brow for me!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:08pm
Nothing changes ,    I'll be watching Melanie again & again & again .

The best sedation since they banned Nembutal.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 9:19pm
Sometimes nothing does it like a bad movie.  This shows more promise than SKY news...

IRON SKY
Saturday 27th October at 10:30 pm (100 minutes) on Viceland.

In the last moments of World War II, a secret Nazi space program evaded destruction by fleeing to the Dark Side of the Moon. During 70 years of utter secrecy, the Nazis construct a gigantic space fortress with a massive armada of flying saucers. Soon, this unstoppable attack fleet will swarm towards Earth, heralding the triumphant return of the Fourth Reich.
M, 2012, Premiere, Drama, Action.

Fraser Anning.  Popcorn.  Say no more.

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 11:52am
REVIEW :
It was pretty bad... in a good sort of way.  

Made in Germany, Finland and on the Gold Coast in Australia Iron Sky paid homage to a lot of Hollywood 'B' films with lots of Schlock but the production values were reasonably high, the spoofing amusing in parts and the premise totally absurd. 

The American president was played by a Sarah Palin clone, and she was advised by a Peta Credlin/Brunhilda character (in this future woman were dominant) who did a very decent retake of Bruno Ganz's Adolf melt down in Downfall in one scene.  

Stylistically the film blended B grade 'noir' with a kind of 1940's steam punk and lashings of Nazi nostalgia.  I am still coming to terms with why the Americans needed space suits on the Moon while the Nazis sufficed with leather great coats.  The Nazi flying saucer invasion of Earth was pretty well done actually.

Despite rotten reviews I found Iron Sky interesting on many levels - and apparently I am not alone.   The film was largely 'fan funded' and has spawned a comic book, a video game and a board game, and their is a 'healthy' online community inspired by the concept.  There is a 'fan funded' sequel in the works (although two release dates have already been missed). 

I am concerned that the stereotypical WW2 Nazi that has become such a popular 'black hat' in the universe of comic books and video games serves as a red herring for the insidious rise of extreme right wing politics (and its lackeys) in western democracies but late on a Saturday night after a few brews films like Iron Sky are good for a chuckle.  

Think 'Team America' without the wires. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 12:38am
My it is late. Just finished binging on Line Of Duty season 6, one of the best shows ever.. Brits make the best  television shoes in the world in the world, even better than Hungarians LOL

Gay, PT I can tell you how it ends if you like Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:35am
You mean series 4 final? 

5 and 6 haven't been filmed yet. 6 got underway last month and 6 is down for 2019
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:05am
Oh I see the series final is on Friday night. 

Go ahead and comment. I know Gay has seen it and I have watched that series 3 times. It is my favourite of the 4 so far. A couple of deliberate loose ends at the end, despite the spectacular finish Whale.

Have you watched Bodyguard yet, also by Jed Mercurio? It must be available somewhere. I told my sister about it when it was mentioned here, and she doesn't illegally download anything. She told me she had seen 4 episodes and was hooked. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:10am
Get with it Whale LOL We've been singing the praises of British drama series for years now Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:17am
I dont think he is a British drama neophyte Gay, but he has been energised by this wonderful series.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:55am

I dont think he is a British drama neophyte Gay, but he has been energised by this wonderful series.

Far from it , have watched and loved British drama for ever, Friday and Saturday nights are usually great .

Just recently Killing Eve, not that good, Apple Tree Yard, The Split, even repeats of Father Brown.Smile

Line Of Duty is the best offering for years though.

Have lost count of the wonderful series I have watched, maybe my all time favourite is  I Claudius, but so many to choose from.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:56am

You mean series 4 final

5 and 6 haven't been filmed yet. 6 got underway last month and 6 is down for 2019

yes
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 9:45am
Final episode of Mr Inbetween last night. Only about 5  or 6 shows - Aussie production that was really good. Recommended.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Get with it Whale LOL We've been singing the praises of British drama series for years now Wink

Must admit Line Of Duty is a series that slipped by me or I was not interested, so many things to watch so little time Smile

Now I am hooked, will have to binge on seasons 1 -3,  have been meaning to watch season 4 of Better Call Saul for a while now, just can't fit it in Ouch

Thanks a lot Gay, another 20 hours of compulsive viewing to get through LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:48pm
Go back right to series one first Whale. As you may have gathered apart from being individual complete 6 part story lines there are several sub plots that thread through each one and are still incomplete at the end of this series.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:51pm
Bit like the China thread.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bit like the China thread.

Image result for that is funny
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 4:57pm
But less conspiratorial.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:04pm
Only you Whale, could watch Pt 4 as the entree to an ongoing 6pt series  Shocked
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:32pm
Assuming you haven't already, The Night Manager is brilliant too  Thumbs Up
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:37pm
Caught a classic Shaun The Sheep episode last night.  Star
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 7:53pm
My wife has just discovered Netflix, thanks to our daughter moving back home.
She’s been watching a show called Grace & Frankie, I could hear her laughing from the other end of the house so must be good
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

She’s been watching a show called Grace & Frankie, I could hear her laughing from the other end of the house so must be good
Jesus Shawy - I'd be a bit concerned about all that laughing. Isn't that show all about a depraved serial killer.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Jesus Shawy - I'd be a bit concerned about all that laughing. Isn't that show all about a depraved serial killer.

I‘ wouldn’t have a clue.
Well if I stop posting all of a sudden, you’ll know why
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Assuming you haven't already, The Night Manager is brilliant too  Thumbs Up

have, thought it was just okay.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:17am
Just took the whole family to Gold Class to see Bohemian Rhapsody.

Just do it.

There will be a few awards for this movie. I knew Rami Malek could act, loved his quirky work in Mr Robot, but he was seriously born for the role of Freddie Mercury!

Fantastic entertainment for the most minimal Queen fan, or even those who never really liked them.Clap
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Just took the whole family to Gold Class to see Bohemian Rhapsody.

Just do it.

There will be a few awards for this movie. I knew Rami Malek could act, loved his quirky work in Mr Robot, but he was seriously born for the role of Freddie Mercury!

Fantastic entertainment for the most minimal Queen fan, or even those who never really liked them.Clap
Choc tops all round Doc !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 54>