Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 54>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:24pm
Introducing my kids to "The Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy" ... 5:30 pm Syfy channel.

Thanks for all the fish!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 6:35pm
I'm gunna watch Wales v Austria in the WCO, see the young Liverpool kid bang one in.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 7:51pm
Jeff Horns life story on Australia Story tonight at 8pm - "Mr Nice Guy" ( this is mainly for you Macca - I know you are very fond of the fellow )
Refer ALP Election Promises
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:57am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Jeff Horns life story on Australia Story tonight at 8pm - "Mr Nice Guy" ( this is mainly for you Macca - I know you are very fond of the fellow )

I'M watching my watch.

I don't want to miss the Caulfield Cup.      
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:28pm
Paul Kelly Live at The Sydney Opera house.

I am not into music but this guy shows promise Smile
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:51pm
I never thought I would pass up a Paul Kelly gig but the new season of Sherlock came up trumps.  
I wasn't disappointed. 

saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 10:54pm
Love Paul Kelly. It has been great listening.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:32pm
Not a box office success but for something different,on a low budget,faults and all

RED STATE  8.30pm  Eastern and Western   SBS VICELAND, I enjoyed enough

If dissatisfied,have a red to drown your disappointment.

THIS IS AN ALL RED POST

Scored 6.2/10 on IMDB

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:33pm
  Recently enjoyed LOVE IS A PERFECT CRIME(FRENCH) on SBS.....ending was limp
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:36pm
Did you know,recently reported,the making of the MICHELLE PAYNE CUP movie,the actress lost control of the horse and it bolted for 2 miles....how ironic
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 10:07pm
The Giro to see if Froome's previous stage was an aberration or whether he is hitting form for France in July.

The Dragons v Penrith is filling the hole until then.

Quite enjoyed the devishly intriguing, Lucifer, and since it has been cancelled I will watching the two extra episodes Monday.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 11:40pm
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:09am
Never, ever Isaac.

There's too much fun watching a gorgeous Italian/Australian lady cook on the food channel for that rubbish to be viewed.

Hooray Silvia Colloca!

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 11:19pm
Watched a great little episode of Backroads on the abc last night showing up the friendly and generous town of Nyngan that sits alongside the bogan river west of Dubbo, can't get much better than this for those that enjoy the giving side of life of country people, if you get a chance it's highly recommended.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Watched a great little episode of Backroads on the abc last night showing up the friendly and generous town of Nyngan that sits alongside the bogan river west of Dubbo, can't get much better than this for those that enjoy the giving side of life of country people, if you get a chance it's highly recommended.

Just noticed this fabulous little feature is repeated today on the ABC about lunchtime, for anybody who may be interested.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 1:11pm
And on ABC iView at any time

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 3:51pm
Want a real laugh? The Front Bar is so funny.....

Allen Jakovich reckons he would have belted Glen if his brother had started swinging in 1993

West Coast legend Glen Jakovich has always said he would have belted his brother Allen after the infamous on-field kiss at the MCG in 1993 if their mother hadn’t been sitting in the stands.

But Allen reckons that wouldn’t have worked out too well for ‘baby brother’.

Making a rare public appearance on Thursday night’s episode of The Front Bar, Allen, who captured the imagination of the footy world in his 54-game, 208-goal career at Melbourne, used the opportunity to give his brother plenty of grief.First asked if he enjoyed playing on Glen, Allen replied: “I loved it... he was too slow.”Appearing on the program earlier this year, the Eagles premiership defender described why he held himself together after his brother kicked six goals on him, then kissed him on the cheek.

“I was about to do what I should have done... what I did in the backyard. But our dear late mother was in the grandstands... so I thought I had just better behave,” Glen said.

Asked for a response by the panel, Allen described in detail what would have happened if Glen decided to have a swing.

WATCH ALLEN TELL THE STORY IN THE VIDEO PLAYER ABOVE

“Would you like to know what would have happened if Glen had of had a go?” the cult hero replied.

“Based on 35 years, starting from the backyard, he would have stood and looked at me for a little while and huffed and puffed like the incredible hulk.

“And in turn, I would have started laughing.

“Then of course he would have thrown a big haymaker, very reminiscing of Paulie from Rocky - you know, the drunk brother-in-law?

“He would have missed by a foot, he would have landed on the ground and I would have given him a couple of Bud Spencer slaps, then rubbed his nose in the dirt.

“Mum would have run down from the grandstands, yelling ‘Allen, get off him before you kill him!’”

/thewest.com.au/sport/afl/allen-jakovich-reckons-he-would-have-belted-glen-if-his-brother-had-started-swinging-in-1993-ng-b88924244z

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 1:13am
I do not know if anyone will see this, but I am watching the funniest mockumentary I have ever seen

Tour De Pharmacy, a mockumentary about the 1982 tour de france, and the fact that every rider was doping.

This is one of the best comedic movies I have seen. John Cena plays a younger Dolph Lundgren, and is hilarious.

THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE SEEN ON TV SINCE THE WEST WING!!!!!!!!       
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 1:55am
Good cast. Are you watching it on HBO?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 10:16pm
Yeah they had it on the Comedy Channel on Foxtel ThreeBears.

I know Armstrong is a ar#@hole, but the way they kept telling him that his face was covered, and it wasn't was somehow hilarious viewing.

Even a actor like Danny Glover, was hilarious.

It looks like it was made by the crew from Saturday Night Live, and apparently their tennis mockumentary 7 Days In Hell is even more hilarious. I will have to find it on you tube.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 10:39pm
60 minutes - The Lynette Dawson Mystery 

Massive podcast following all over the world for this "cold case".

Remember the twins playing for Newtown.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:22am
I am a huge fan of the ABC generally but this, a show about the most talentless,unfunny, "comedians" ever to pollute the airwaves , wow Confused

Comedy superstars, now that is funny

Tick F***ing Tock

Tuesday 2nd October at 9:33 pm (57 minutes)
Tim Ferguson's diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis prompted the Doug Anthony Allstars to break up. Thirty years later it has also given the comedy superstars the impetus to reform.
M
2018, Premiere, CC, Documentary
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 3:20am
They were very talented musicians and satirists -I used to love DAAS Kapital - it seemed less important to hate Tony Abbott, call white men cup cakes or to scream Fcuk Trump to be funny back then ... 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:12pm
There is an excellent doco on SBS streaming about comedians- Dying Laughing.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:20pm
Also on SBS Viceland at 8:00 PM. The Hunt For The Trump Tapes with Tom Arnold. LOL

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

They were very talented musicians and satirists -I used to love DAAS Kapital - it seemed less important to hate Tony Abbott, call white men cup cakes or to scream Fcuk Trump to be funny back then ... 

Tim Ferguson,  people used to laugh at him when he was growing up, then he became a comedian and they stopped laughing
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

There is an excellent doco on SBS streaming about comedians- Dying Laughing.

Saw that, was interesting especially the part about their reaction to heckling and feelings when a show is bombing.
Got some top comedians, Jerry Seinfeld got a bit gross looking Confused
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 4:46pm
Bosch for me tonight , cup of herbal and chocolate .
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:37pm
Just finished with the outstanding Ken Burns documentary on Netflix "Prohibition". Fascinating history, particularly with regards to some of the divisions in America that still exist today. Also a poignant look at what happens when you try to legislate morality- the absolute disdain for the law and the methods used to undermine it were at times laugh out loud funny. As was the interjection of that noted tippler Winston Churchill, who referred to America's experiment as "an affront to the history of humanity"LOL

Highly recommended- I give it BeerBeerBeerBeer and 1/2 out of five.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:24am
If you like Line Of Duty which ABC  is currently replaying last years series, Bodyguard (2018 BBC) is well worth a watch(thanks GayThumbs Up) It was created and produced by the same person who gave us  LOD, Jed Mercurio. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 54>