Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

What are we watching tonight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 54>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are we watching tonight?
    Posted: 16 Feb 2024 at 12:36pm
Make sure you watch Mr Bates versus the Post Office.  It was really good and sad at the same time.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 12:11pm
Interesting analysis Sister Dot , my father-in law had 2 BCs on his property , both predominantly black with white splash here and there , they were getting on like he so I never got the chance to see them work when I made the one and only visit , it was also my view last night that there was too much white on a lot of the puppies and pink pigmentation on a few as well as the little deaf one , ( around the eyes ) loved the work ethic of some of these younger recipients any looking forward to follow ups .
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2024 at 9:37am
I love Shetland but strain to understand what they are saying most of the time.
Enjoyed last season of Muster Dogs, but as a Border Collie breeder of 20 years or so, I must say these dogs on the new one are a hybrid looking BC. 
Half the litter have curly tails, way too much white, plus pink pigmentation around the eyes and nose. Not good in the hot Aussie conditions. The original Scottish farmers who created the breed bred all the other colours out and kept the black and whites with dark skin pigmentation as they were the hardiest. And that was in the cold climates. 
Dare I say the version we are seeing here as Australian working border collies have in the past had Koolie, Kelpie, maybe Blue Cattle Dog introduced early on to shorten coat length and add some bite. True sheep šŸ‘ dogs are bred to bark, but not bite  - ie Border Collies. 
Having said that, we love the show, the work ethic is bred into them and it will be fun to watch it all unfold. 
With working dogs itā€™s interesting that even with brilliant parents you will still get disinterested pups, pups with no stock sense, handy, average pups and the occasional super pup. 
Bit like breeding horses Big smile
ā€œWhere in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confinedā€
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 7:21pm
I like shetland also but all through the last season.
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 6:22pm
Been counting the days til this one, Gay! Loved the first series.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 2:35pm

Muster Dogs

No Logo
7:31 pm - 8:30 pm
Today
In Goondy Creek NSW, we meet Debbie and Snip, the mother and father of the brand-new litter of Muster Dog pups. Five of these pups will steal our hearts as we watch them grow in the twelve-month experiment.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Jan 2024 at 2:36pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 9:22pm
Checked this out last night on you tube and this is an excellent map/outline of how western capitalism has been the flaw in the design for our modern day.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 3:33pm
Love Island FINAL.

Cheering for Tylar and Kale.

Reid and Chloe have already broken up.
reductio ad absurdum
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 3:20pm
I will second the current series of Fargo.
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 10:55am
Iā€™ll 3rd Slow HorsesClap
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 10:48am
I'll 2nd Slow Horses Series 1 & 2. I'm pretty sure there's a 3rd on the way. I've always loved Shetland & Season 8 without (forget his name) loses nothing as Tosh has taken over & Sandy is more than his previous rather simple character Smile
My OH (hard marker!) is a big rap for Payback which is next on my list.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 9:10am
Slow Horses on Apple is the best thing on at the moment. Reservation Dogs on Binge is great. Latest series of Fargo on SBS excellent. Hunters also SBS is pretty good too.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 7:09pm
Vigil season 2.
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 5:43pm
Cricket, if it lasts beyond ā€œnightā€Tongue
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2023 at 4:52pm
This was brilliant but too short LOL Worth another watch.

Living With Devils

No Logo
7:32 pm - 8:30 pm
Today
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2023 at 12:38pm
Worth a look I thought Smile 1-50PM today on Gem , Iconic Australia , somebody may recognise their mums or dads , or even themselves šŸ˜‚ .
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2023 at 1:50pm
 the NRL game wasn't worth turning the channel over from either the soccer or the cricket.

Seriously...the draggits and the toothless tigers...

Give the public a genuine game if you want them to watch.

Who won? Who cares?
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2023 at 9:07pm
Heaps of sport tonight - Ashes Test cricket, British Open golf, NRL, Matildas, Tour de France, horse racing

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2023 at 12:28am
 I'll never believe that table...

Eli Manning on four percent...ridiculous...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 8:06pm
Aaron Rodgers gets sacked twice as often as Peyton Manning did.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 3:54pm
 it's odd that both Mahomes and Cousins look short on the field, but much taller in actual life. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 3:15pm
Funny how all three wives are very attractive...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 3:13pm
I started watching, last night. Quite enjoying it. 

Strange to include Mariota. I would have thought Tua or even Dak Prescott would have been more interesting. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 9:29am
Yes

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2023 at 1:33am
 I saw that. Is it worth a watch?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2023 at 7:42pm

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 2:50pm
SOO 3
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 2:06pm
The latter too was good Thumbs Up Ireland is producing some great quality series Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 12:54pm
I've seen a few good ones recently.

Love/Hate on SBS On Demand - Irish crime drama series set in Dublin

The Man Who Died - Finnish crime drama series also SBS On Demand

Limbo on ABC Iview - Aussie outback noir Ivan Sen movie. 
Not In Limbo also on ABC which I haven't seen.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2023 at 10:51am
BBC One
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 54>