Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Moody/O'Brien/Kavanagh & Cobalt.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 224>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:21pm
Pretty sure he told lies and then when he was caught out when they investigated his phone and iPad or tablet they found evidence, so then he rolled.

Maybe he can give Dad a few pointers!

Wonder how he will go selling all of those expensive horses he has purchased?

Karma, big boy, Karma.

Edited by Gay3 - 22 May 2015 at 10:26am
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:24pm
Sorry, not sure what happened there, I was just quoting a post and all of this stuff came up.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Was disgusted seeing him celebrate Tales of Grimm's win on Friday, screamed to me of similar treatment Oliver got before his suspension. You could see after the race how relieved he was of the win....he had been plonking bets on the horse for a long time....knowing full well his suspension was coming very soon. So he collects some nice money, and now they decide to stand him down........

Will be even more disgusting if it comes out in a month or so that he tested positive.....
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:27pm
Have you noticed the only ones that admit their guilt are the ones that are pretty much caught red handed and then all of a sudden they co-operate!

Then they say we did the right thing by admitting our guilt?? The right thing, maybe the right thing was not to give your horses performance enhancing drugs to win and cheat other owners, trainers and punters out of what may have been winners for them.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:30pm
what mental impairment will this guy be coming up with as an excuse?
to the victor
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 11:31pm
Wonder if the powers that be have recalled the trophies won by the owner, trainer and jockey for the Gosford Cup and awarded to the real winner?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:13am
fancy having to wait 5.5 months for that!
to the victor
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:15am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

too much kinky sex made his mind go funny ??Wink
animals before people.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 12:44am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:02am
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Just shows that cheats can prosper. But his business is in trouble . like father like son, would anyone send either of them a horse. You would have to seriously question anyone who would.
The bookies could get them by only paying out on any bet when swabs were cleared. After all if races can be taken off them , prizemoney taken back ( how they do that I'm not quite sure ). Then what of the poor punters that everyone says are the real backbone of the industry. Why can't they get what was rightfully theirs.

Yes a giant can of worms to open up but we have to find ways that really hurt,to discourage the cheats.
Absolutely Lulu, well said, perhaps the stigma may encourage them to seek work elsewhere and save us all grief.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:13am
Hasn't daddy Kav already admitted his business is suffering and he's having trouble selling horses to clients? What a role model for Kav jnr? you know what, Michael Rodd needs a gold medal for foresight, he must have suspected the horses were running like Maserati's when in fact they were toyota yaris's!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:15am
Any of you lot down in Mexico seen the 3 amigos staff canvassing for new jobs? that's usually the give up that the end is nigh.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:49am
My understanding is that the time taken so far is trials being undertaken by RV vets are into IV administered supplements, the method Kavanaugh/O'Brien (/Brennan) have claimed to have used. Apparently the Moody/Hope case is completely different. What that actually means for all involved I have no idea.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 8:49pm
Murrihy tells @adam_is_calling Kelly Fawcet taking out a trainers licence to train Kavanagh's horses will not sit well with stewards
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:25pm

what m<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">ental impairm</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">ent will this guy b</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">e coming up with as an </span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">excus</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">e?</span>

I doubt that excuse will float its never affected my mind
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 9:47pm
Good to hear, it would have been a complete joke!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 2:19am
Originally posted by bradjm bradjm wrote:

what m<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">ental impairm</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">ent will this guy b</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">e coming up with as an </span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">excus</span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">e?</span>

I doubt that excuse will float its never affected my mind

Thank heavens for that !!!!!! Thumbs Up  I dont think I would be happy with a bloke who looks after E R losing the plot just by having lots of beads, in strange places,  and feathers, who knows where Big smile
Kinky or erotic ????????
Thats the question .LOL

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Murrihy tells @adam_is_calling Kelly Fawcet taking out a trainers licence to train Kavanagh's horses will not sit well with stewards

"will not sit well with stewards  " .
PLEEEASEEEE .Cry

animals before people.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 11:49am
Like everyone in the land racing officials are bound by rules. Unless Fawcet can be shown to be not personally worthy of a licence I'd imagine they are hamstrung.  You can't put the sins of the father onto the son ethically or legally, and thank god for that. Stewards will simply have more work on their hands making sure SKavanagh has as little input as possible because there is nothing they or anyone else can do about advice being sought. Can't imagine many owners wanting to be a part of that but in this business there are all types, including a few with honesty and integrity levels close enough to zero. Imo any trainer, jockey, owner trying to get a dishonest advantage is guilty of fraud and I look forward to the day one is actually brought before the courts to face charges. Pigs will fly first unfortunately. It shouldn't take a Fine Cotton conspiracy for the law to be invoked.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 11:50am

Murrihy tells [URL=https://twitter.com/adam_is_calling" rel="nofollow]<s>@</s>adam_is_calling[experience Kelly Fawcet taking out a trainers licence to train Kavanagh's horses will not sit well with stewards

Don't think it sat well with Stewards when Gai went for her license, how did that work out ?

If she has the normal practical experience required to gain a license I fail to see how she will not be granted it ?

That does not mean I agree with her getting it.

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 11:59am
Any current owner that chooses to use her will have their name forever tarnished in my eye. You are basically advocating cheating by sticking with them.
Have heard that Wez Hunter is taking his stables and some horses. Hopefully this eventuates.
monty View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Murrihy tells [URL=https://twitter.com/adam_is_calling" rel="nofollow]<s>@</s>adam_is_calling[experience Kelly Fawcet taking out a trainers licence to train Kavanagh's horses will not sit well with stewards

Don't think it sat well with Stewards when Gai went for her license, how did that work out ?

If she has the normal practical experience required to gain a license I fail to see how she will not be granted it ?

Not sure if she has a foreman's or just a stablehand licence and she would certainly not be gained boxes at Rosehill you would think as there would be other trainer's (especially Waller) or would be pouncing on those boxes.
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by monty monty wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

If she gets a trainers licence, then the test will come when we see which club grants her boxes and permission to train. Be a joke if Rosehill could be that easily swayed. And what sort of owners would transfer to her, if she trains according to the current trainer.

Not sure if she has a foreman's or just a stablehand licence and she would certainly not be gained boxes at Rosehill you would think as there would be other trainer's (especially Waller) or would be pouncing on those boxes.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2015 at 5:33pm
Insider take it from me as I trained there, getting boxes at Rosehill is easier than it used to be! It was bloody difficult when I was there, Mayfield Smith/Denham/Guy and no on course boxes......now, it's about mates/networks.......having said that, the lady will be encouraged to go bush first I would imagine, but hey, money talks...
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:03pm
Gelagotis just got 3 months after pleading guilty to race-day treatment. Everyone else is going down. Huge anticipation as to what happens to the big 3......
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:26pm
You wonder what effect it will have on racing down here if they keep taking the cheats out with long suspensions. Hopefully you will see some of the lesser lights that are talented grab the reins and make a name for themselves.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

You wonder what effect it will have on racing down here if they keep taking the cheats out with long suspensions. Hopefully you will see some of the lesser lights that are talented grab the reins and make a name for themselves.
And how bloody refreshing that would be, we can but hope.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 5:58pm
The Victorian training ranks have been screaming out for someone(s) to take the next step for years now, but noone'a really done it. Ever since the lull in the careers of Fredman/Hayes years ago I think there has been an opportunity for others to step up. Moody's been a constant force and Weir is doing well, but I certainly don't think others haven't had their chance. Certainly not stifled to the same extent as Sydney.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 1:34am

Setback for Victorian trainers on cobalt

Date
  • Read later

In a major setback for the four Victorian trainers facing possible cobalt doping charges, a leading international veterinary researcher in England is poised to publish an editorial article damning cobalt use.

Ali Mobasheri, Professor of Musculoskeletal Physiology and head of the veterinary department at the University of Surrey, is about to publish Cobalt Chloride Doping in Racehorses: Concerns over a Potentially Lethal Practice.

Fairfax Media contacted Professor Mobasheri and understands that this article will be published in the next few weeks in the internationally regarded The Veterinary Journal.

If Victorian racing needed any more convincing that the international racing and veterinary community are watching what is happening in Victoria, this provides further proof.

Professor Mobasheri's article is based on positive cobalt tests in Victoria and NSW.

The Veterinary Journal, formerly known as the British Veterinary Journal, is a publication of great significance in the international veterinary community.

Professor Mobasheri is an eminent researcher with many publications on musculoskeletal medicine and arthritis in horses.

The fact that Professor Mobasheri felt moved to write the article demonstrates the level of international concern about the toxic effects of high levels of cobalt.

This article is not about the performance-enhancing effects of cobalt but is about cobalt as a poison that is potentially lethal.

Racing Victoria officials are concerned that cobalt has already tarnished Victoria's international racing reputation and that of the spring carnival.

While there has been criticism of Racing Victoria's handling of the cobalt crisis and the length of this investigation, there is much at stake – livelihoods and reputations are on the line.

That includes the reputations of leading trainers and that of Racing Victoria domestically and internationally.

Senior international racing executives have applauded RVL for conducting such a detailed drug investigation. "Clearly we want to get it right," one racing executive said.

According to many racing officials, the cobalt crisis must be handled perfectly and transparently.

Not only are articles appearing in leading scientific journals damning cobalt abuse, there are also online racing journalists in the US questioning whether racing regulators will have the resolve to assert their authority and penalise trainers appropriately.

Trainers Lee and Shannon Hope, Peter Moody, Mark Kavanagh and Danny O'Brien have all had horses return irregularities to the outlawed cobalt.

However, there have been no charges laid by Racing Victoria investigators, who have worked around the clock since the irregularities came to light some months ago.

to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 8:01am
As I've said all along, this operation/investigation should be run alongside the SPCA!.......then we have a strong chance of not seeing these 'people; again for a very very long time'. Who in their right mind would give them horses to train should a successful prosecution ensue. Then again, who would give a horse to anyone who uses cobalt.....gelati for brains.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 224>