Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

forum issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 6:34pm
Nice update to the website, looks way better now.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 6:37pm
I was wondering if it's part of the 'issues' LOL will it revert? Waiting...............waiting............refresh..........
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 6:41pm
Woooooooaaaahhhhh, change........don't like change..........
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:02pm
Definitely a glitch as I've just copied this at 5.02

Climate Change - Global Warming.. 12 seconds ago at 4:48pm By Gay3 View Post Joffs All Sports Bar
2015 Spring G1 Tipping Comp 46 seconds ago at 4:48pm By whitt0 View Unread Post Competitions
Alan Thomas to retire 1 minute ago at 4:47pm By AndiCap View Unread Post Racing Forum
Moonee Valley Friday October 2 2015 2 minutes ago at 4:46pm By whitt0 View Unread Post Racing Forum
Friday Racing Blog October 2 2015 2 minutes ago at 4:46pm By subastral View Unread Post

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:02pm
Goes  to first post on thread and not the last one now when you click on latest posts
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:05pm
I really like how it looks now :/, it's not doing that for me, Sub?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:06pm
Pretty well stuffed, imo.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:25pm
Looks the same to me, what changes are you talking about now..??

Panspermia.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:36pm
Was this change planned or just a magical mystery? I like it by the way.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 7:41pm
A magical mystery tour whereby I now don't have any tabs to admit the latest member application Angry
At least all the applications worked eventually a few hours ago Disapprove I hate being unable to approve as soon as I spot them!
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Looks the same to me, what changes are you talking about now..??

Looks exactly the same to me too.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:19pm
"Latest forum posts" goes to the top of the thread, not the latest posting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:26pm
you're supposed to click the new posts link top right of page with small yellow star next to it....as far as I can there are some very very minor changes but otherwise looks and acts the same as always..
Panspermia.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:28pm
Tells you how many minutes ago posts were made. That is new.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:30pm

you're supposed to click the new posts link top right of page with small yellow star next to it....as far as I can there are some very very minor changes but otherwise looks and acts the same as always..

Still goes to top of thread, not new posting.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 8:52pm
No maxie, the middle column now, next to the posters' name - yellow arrow. I've done the same as you a couple of times & as you said, goes to page 1. I still can't clear the new member!

13 minutes ago at 6:36pm By Nostradamus II View Unread Post
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

yes it's always done that, you have to click the page number to be taken to the latest pages of postings..

Panspermia.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:39pm

yes it's always done that, you have to click the page number to be taken to the latest pages of postings..

Where it says the number of new posts (eg 5 new posts) click on the (5 new posts) and it takes you to the first of the new posts.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 9:54pm

Well it's never done that for me on the front page, individual forums, yes but I'm with max i.e. click on the post (hover mouse & it gives the 1st few words) & it used to go to that last post, now we have to click the yellow arrow.
Still can't access new member.
Rosscoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:32pm
This site has fallen apart.

I'm now receiving emails from just about every post!

I've changed my panel settings accordingly but to no prevail ...

Help!
Current Stable - Soul Star & Adivinar + Lady Vega
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 10:34pm
Might be a saboteur in the camp !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2015 at 11:09pm
getting more errors now than before...
Panspermia.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:02am
Wait.. see what happens when we tinker? Hang on.. it's being worked on. The email system (password retrievals, member activation) was not working before.

Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 2:39am
The problem with our email settings has been found. The email settings have now been updated in order that emails are correctly relayed and also encryption for emails has been enabled. If you have enabled emails to be sent when your post has been replied to for instance, they will now begin to be sent. If you wish to make a change to this setting, go into your "Member Control Panel" and click the appropriate box.

We were also running an older version of the forums that has known vulnerabilities. It has now been updated to the latest version, so you may notice some minor changes. For instance, I noticed that each time you log in, you will have to agree to the Forums Rules and Policies. I'll go through my new admin board and see if there are any other new items.

Mayor

Mayor
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Rosscoe Rosscoe wrote:

This site has fallen apart.

I'm now receiving emails from just about every post!

I've changed my panel settings accordingly but to no prevail ...

Help!

took me three goes to stop my mail-box being inundated with e-mails...

hopefully now I'm clear...

hate the new format...like subby...

don't need to be told how many minutes since the post...can work that out in my own little smart brain...

just a distraction...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 7:50pm
Anyone else getting severe graphics distortion, as if it can't quite make it?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Anyone else getting severe graphics distortion, as if it can't quite make it?

I am.

Have had it half load with avatars ending up the size of a billboard on the side of a highway. The whole forum is woeful at the moment. Busiest time of year for the sport, the forum has shat itself and all the mayor can talk about is the cost of fixing it.
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 7:56pm
Worse right now than it has ever been for myself- (refreshing taking ages)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 8:49pm
Very light traffic, people have had a gut-full of it acting up.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2015 at 8:53pm

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Panspermia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>