Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

forum issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:53pm
The rules are not applied to everybody, SC has had unprovoked cracks at me many times, and nothing was ever done, so with that in mind i decide to stand up for myself and do the same to him, but i get the ban hammer.

I honestly want clarification of what is acceptable, and what is suspension territory, in the context of what i mentioned.

I sometimes like making 25 post in a day, i don't want to have to censor myself simply to avoid being suspended for something that is not clear is against the rules.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:54pm
What part of this don't you understand? Antagonize? Belittle? Personal attack?

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on the subject.

1. Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members and the moderators. No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed. Posts which antagonize, belittle or humiliate other members and/or the moderators will not be tolerated, nor will racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred, violent language, threats, real-life threats, insults, extreme vulgar language, flaming, otherwise inappropriate or hurtful language, harassment, grammar policing. This also applies to signatures.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Stop abusing people and then you won't be suspended. Not that hard

I am the one who has been attacked in the past, all i have done is stand up for myself, and behaved the same way SC and a couple of others had.

I will never allow anybody to push me around, i will always stand up for myself, i have balls.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Stop abusing people and then you won't be suspended. Not that hard

I am the one who has been attacked in the past, all i have done is stand up for myself, and behaved the same way SC and a couple of others had.

I will never allow anybody to push me around, i will always stand up for myself, i have balls.

Good for you mate. Well if you have a problem with what SC posts then report it to the moderator by hitting the report post button.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:08pm

The first suspension was 100% spot on and justified.

The second one i thought was very soft, what is the rule Gay?

Is drooler ok, but f**king drooler isn't?

Is idiot ok, but f**king idiot not?

We call somebody an X, an insult but nothing extremely vulgar, but if f**king is added onto the comment, does that turn it from an allowed post to a 2 week suspension?

Coz frankly, the first one i completely accept now, but the 2nd one was weak as piss, and i don't want to be getting suspended for piss weak reasons over the spring carnival.

Also, SC has insulted me many times, he has never been suspended over it.

E&E i haven't been stewing, a tad annoyed that i havent been able to help with the comps and update the horse owners list, that's about it.

This response is 100% proof that you have been stewing on it the entire time regardless of your denials. Get over it. It's an Internet forum. Who cares if you can't post for a week or two. To be honest, being forced to get off your couch and away from the computer for a period of time would do you be world of good so a suspension every now and then would be beneficial for you.

I'm pretty sure you're foul mouth and inability to post anything without including profanity has been consistently well documented. My advice to you would be to moderate your own behaviours so that Gay doesn't have to moderate it for you.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:11pm
Well said E&E
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:15pm
One of the mods can check the IP logs, i haven't read the forum much the last fortnight, part of that thought i've been extremely busy the last week.

The only thing i am annoyed about is that SC is allowed to attack me, and when i stand up for myself, or when i attack him, i get whacked for it.

I don't get why you think i've been stewing about it, frothing at the mouth, and just absurdly angry, you don't think about a internet forum much when your busy as kiss with work stuff, family stuff and a friend being ill.

Gay you haven't answered my question, is adding f**king to a derogatory comment [that is not something extremely vulgar ie: idiot] grounds for suspension?  And if so, tell me, so i can start reporting plenty of posts and see half the posters from joffs and general get suspended.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:19pm
Beliskner, read Gay's post
It answers your question.

No direct or indirect personal attacks or insults of any kind will be allowed.
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:22pm
Then why hasn't SC gotten suspended in the past?  I remember one time he carried on like a f**king loon in the Zadon thread after i asked a question about ibuprofen and the horses tendon injury, but no nothing happened.  That's just one example.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm
Well go back through his old threads and start reporting them to the moderators then, if that will make you happy.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:24pm
click the Post options button and report post
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:26pm

One of the mods can check the IP logs, i haven't read the forum much the last fortnight, part of that thought i've been extremely busy the last week.

The only thing i am annoyed about is that SC is allowed to attack me, and when i stand up for myself, or when i attack him, i get whacked for it.

I don't get why you think i've been stewing about it, frothing at the mouth, and just absurdly angry, you don't think about a internet forum much when your busy as kiss with work stuff, family stuff and a friend being ill.

Gay you haven't answered my question, is adding f**king to a derogatory comment [that is not something extremely vulgar ie: idiot] grounds for suspension?  And if so, tell me, so i can start reporting plenty of posts and see half the posters from joffs and general get suspended.

The fact that you bring it up publicly in such detail and then go on with multiple posts about it is why it's so obvious you've been spending the last few weeks stewing. I'm picturing Mutley from the Wacky Races jumping up and down stomping his feet all the while cursing Gay. It's quite pathetic.

If you weren't stewing you would have simply sent Gay a private message to outline your concerns.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 1:58pm
E&E i am now annoyed about the 2nd suspension, i hadn't given it much though since after the saturday i got banned initially.

And don't call me f**king pathetic, your the one who thinks they know my behaviour, what i'm thinking, you have no idea who i am, what i do, what i'm thinking and what i feel, you know what you are? A drooler.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 2:04pm
Calm down it's just a forum. Go outside and get some fresh air.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 2:10pm

E&E i am now annoyed about the 2nd suspension, i hadn't given it much though since after the saturday i got banned initially.

And don't call me f**king pathetic, your the one who thinks they know my behaviour, what i'm thinking, you have no idea who i am, what i do, what i'm thinking and what i feel, you know what you are? A drooler.

Let it go Beliskner & quit while you're ahead. I already have  more Reported Posts re. todays' behaviour Ermm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 2:37pm

1. I didn't call you "f**king pathetic". I didn't even call you pathetic. I called your behaviour pathetic and by any definition it is.

2. I don't claim to know who you are. But I certainly do know a thing or two about your bahaviour and language on this forum (as does everyone who sees your posts) and can make a value judgement based on that. The fact is you have been called out on your foul language many times and have never changed. It's a fair assumption to make that you are simply unable to post anything without profanity and most likely it's because this is the kind of person you are.

3. You have been stewing. Protest all you want and deny it all you want but it's obvious to all that you have been. Again, your whinging on the subject publicly makes it obvious.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Let it go Beliskner & quit while you're ahead. I already have  more Reported Posts re. todays' behaviour Ermm

Seriously gay, what have i said today? I called E&E a drooler [being sarcastic] and used one F bomb, the rest of my posts have been on topic on the main boards, or are you just looking for another piss weak reason to suspend me?

It's getting to the point where i'm only going to post updated horse owners list and help with the comps, i can't stand up and defend myself one little bit, but people can come in here and heap gelati on me, and you just sit back and allow it.

If i talked to E&E the way his talking to me, you'd suspend me.  Double Standards.

I'm done in this thread, Gay and E&E have your final says.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:47pm
Where exactly has gelati been heaped on you???
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:48pm
I have been too busyand tired to stew over most things the past week or so.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 3:52pm
Good for you
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 4:09pm

Where exactly has gelati been heaped on you???

Exactly. Nothing of the sort has happened. Beliskner is mistaking constructive criticism of his poor behaviour and foul mouth as heaping gelati on him. I haven't abused him, haven't been rude to him. All I've done is point out what part of his MO is offensive and why he was punted. If he had any sense of introspection he'd take my comments on board and make a change. But he won't. He will continue to pollute the forum with profanity and wonder why he's reprimanded.

Basically the two choices are stop the abuse & profanity or suck up the suspensions when they come. The answer is not to swear your way across the forum, spend your two weeks on suspension with steam coming out of your ears and then clog up the forum with a woe is me act when you return. That ain't going to work.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 4:31pm
I think everyone's more than made their point so could we please move on to alternative forum issues? Smile
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:05am
It annoys me that the hyenas that were in this thread taunting members until they snapped leads to someone copping a ban forever. Yes myself personally would have built a bridge and got over but the post upon post from the likes of Second Chance taunting the member in question and then probably was the first to whine if they copped a nasty PM.

It is like the childish game played at high school, lets get a group and tease and poke someone until they lash out and then race off and tell the teacher. I normally dont get involved in forum politics as I have a life but just thought this whole incident could have been avoided if some just let Belsinker be on their return.

This forum is losing members everywhere as it is without running them out with pitchforks and flaming torches.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 11:14am
The  PMs of an extremely offensive nature were the sealer as they're considered 'on forum'.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Sep 2016 at 11:21am
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Site will have issues for a while then to help pay for upgrades etc a small membership fee will be introduced. What price this happening?
Gee I hope not...anymore than 10 cents per week will knockout two thirds of the members...would halve their bloody punting budget !

Image result for lmao meme

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

The  PMs of an extremely offensive nature were the sealer as they're considered 'on forum'.

I'm both surprised and a little disappointed I didn't receive one.

Personally I don't feel much sympathy for someone like him. Baiting happens on Internet forums, it's a fact of life. You need to be able to recognise when it's happening to you and be smart with your responses. The latter clearly wasn't possible for Beliskner so he should have just ignored any baiting. I tried to help him with suggestions about changing the language he uses but he didn't want to listen. You see this in all parts of life. You try to help them but there's only so much you can do.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 12:44pm
Yep, I ignore all the NeoCon baiting I get Star
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

It annoys me that the hyenas that were in this thread taunting members until they snapped leads to someone copping a ban forever. Yes myself personally would have built a bridge and got over but the post upon post from the likes of Second Chance taunting the member in question and then probably was the first to whine if they copped a nasty PM.   

I take extreme exception to the accusation that I continually taunted Beliskner, and invite anyone to demonstrate that I did anything other than attempt to pull him up when he came out with his foul language, misogyny, personal insults etc.  Over to you or others Delta Deel.

Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 7:44pm
Out for hours on Derby day afternoon, how will the site handle Melbourne Cup day?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2016 at 7:46pm
You beauty. Best bet of Derby Day got up. TBV was $1.01 to go offline today.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516>