Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

forum issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 10:15am
Is it possible to edit one of my posts after it's finalised?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 11:56am
No Shrunk, that isn't possible.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 12:08pm
Bit like trying to "unshrink" the shirt after it has been "shrunk" !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Is it possible to edit one of my posts after it's finalised?

Feel free to PM me during the day, I'm usually not far away Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

suffering from Easter bunny chocolate overload, I can only assume
Can't even get the emoticons up but this one better describes my/our frustration!

Flying here for me. I haven't had a problem since I upgraded the number of simultaneous connections a few months back. In contrast Telstra have had issues almost daily.

Mayor
spinninghill View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinninghill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 6:07pm
Yes Telstra been on and off at my place all week!
www.adrenalinethoroughbreds.com.au
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2016 at 6:17pm
Telstra has been horrendous at my place for the past month. I've called them to complain but can't get anyone that speaks English
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:37am
Actually, in my view, Telstra have improved out of sight since they moved off shore. Every time I call Telstra, I receive 10/10 excellent service. Can't speak highly enough. (this is not a sponsored link) Smile
Mayor
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2016 at 11:48am
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 5:20pm
Your little icon up in my firefox tab is nearly identical to hotmail's one, who came up with theirs first?
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Your little icon up in my firefox tab is nearly identical to hotmail's one, who came up with theirs first?
Hotmail has been taken over by Outlook. That logo is of course the Microsoft / Windows logo that has been around in a few different designs since at least the 90s. 
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 5:54pm
I sorta knew that i want to know who made it their mini pic in the firefox tab first, coz it's only recently it started confusing me.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 5:58pm
They are often the same for me on Chrome I assumed the Windows logo was a generic one that is defaulted too if the site doesn't have it's own My Outlook switches often from the Windows flag to Outlook's own icon
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

They are often the same for me on Chrome I assumed the Windows logo was a generic one that is defaulted too if the site doesn't have it's own My Outlook switches often from the Windows flag to Outlook's own icon
I'm on Chrome and get the outlook icon. 
Scott View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 6:52pm
Just checked firefox and get the hotmail/windows. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 8:06pm
I'm on Firefox & have no idea what any of you are talking about LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2016 at 8:13pm
Tabs have little icons on the left for what site you have up, and the hotmail and TBV icons are nearly identical, the TBV one is just rotated 90 degrees and theirs a gap in the middle of the TBV one.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 10:53pm
I think you're talking about the favicon? I haven't made one for years so I don't know what is on display now. I had a TBV-specific one at least 10 years ago... but things have changed since then, like we now have things like facebook and twitter :)
Mayor
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 5:12pm
Just responding to a bunch of threads, as normal, and all of a sudden multiple posts are getting blocked because i'm "spamming"?  WTF?

It's pretty annoying to type out posts, have them blocked as spam and them they are deleted when i go back to post them again.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 5:40pm
The left have taken over the forum, that's probably why they are blocking your posts. You've been marked.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 5:46pm

Just responding to a bunch of threads, as normal, and all of a sudden multiple posts are getting blocked because i'm "spamming"?  WTF?

It's pretty annoying to type out posts, have them blocked as spam and them they are deleted when i go back to post them again.

You can only post 5 times within 5 minutes, then you are timed out for 2 minutes (roughly), logging out/in again normally fixes it.

I always ctrl+C everything I post just in case it times out
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

You can only post 5 times within 5 minutes, then you are timed out for 2 minutes (roughly), logging out/in again normally fixes it.

You sound like a pretty experienced TBV user...Smile
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

I am. I've been here longer than you.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 10:50am

Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

I am. I've been here longer than you.

I know..

Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 8:15am
Saying the word 'Drooler' = 2 week suspension?

Selective memory Confused  I'll be more precise then:

Dead last, well played Second Chance you f**king drooler.

Edited by Gay3 - 12 Sep 2016 at 10:13am
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 10:01am

Saying the word 'Drooler' = 2 week suspension?

You've been stewing on the suspension the whole time haven't you? You know there's more to life than TBV don't you? Sad that you seem to take it so seriously.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:42pm
The first suspension was 100% spot on and justified.

The second one i thought was very soft, what is the rule Gay?

Is drooler ok, but f**king drooler isn't?

Is idiot ok, but f**king idiot not?

We call somebody an X, an insult but nothing extremely vulgar, but if f**king is added onto the comment, does that turn it from an allowed post to a 2 week suspension?

Coz frankly, the first one i completely accept now, but the 2nd one was weak as piss, and i don't want to be getting suspended for piss weak reasons over the spring carnival.

Also, SC has insulted me many times, he has never been suspended over it.

E&E i haven't been stewing, a tad annoyed that i havent been able to help with the comps and update the horse owners list, that's about it.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:45pm
Well Beliskner if you want to be involved just bite your tongue and don't insult people. That is if your giant ego allows it.

It can be done, i haven't been suspended for 2 months Smile
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:46pm
Perhaps you should read
http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/reminder-to-all-members_topic47641.html

and you will have your answer
"Go Hard or Go Home”
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2016 at 12:50pm
Stop abusing people and then you won't be suspended. Not that hard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>