Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Azkadellia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Azkadellia
    Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 5:28pm
This is my long range bolter Oaks tip. I called Zanbagh last year around this time, and she ran a great 2nd in the race.
They don't trial any better than this horse did at Cranbourne a few weeks ago. I think Ciaron Maher has something pretty good on his hands.
Caulfield is not going to be her track, she will love Flemington, but I look forward to her racing on Saturday.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 5:34pm
Seriously, this was one of the best trials I have ever seen. Is she a moral Saturday?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Seriously, this was one of the best trials I have ever seen. Is she a moral Saturday?

She's terribly weighted for a horse that's only won a maiden and a 64, but it's not a strong race, and if she lives up to the trial, then she wins.
Tassam View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 3:31am
She looks very good, but Oaks in 2.5 weeks??

This is only a 1400m race, she'd need 2 more runs before the Oaks. Surely she's not heading there...
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 8:45am
I took $51 as a speculator. Agree she will be cutting it very fine to even get there.

I think Bella Capri is no slouch and can also win tomorrow.
Sunline...simply supreme
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 9:10am
So can the Sunflower. Big run last start
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 9:25am
BB from Deane Lester this morning + Leebaz & Anatina, fwiw Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 9:38am
[QUOTE=Tassam] She looks very good, but Oaks in 2.5 weeks??

This is only a 1400m race, she'd need 2 more runs before the Oaks. Surely she's not heading there...[/QUOTEDo

Yeh, fair point.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 1:52pm
That will do me.....
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 1:53pm
subby......black cat?
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 1:58pm
Soo close sub, moral beaten!
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:07pm
Michelle the butcher.

Darling, learn to ride your horse out of the barriers.
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:12pm
If you'd done the form, which you clearly haven't, you would have known that the filly has always been a shocking barrier rogue which inevitably comes out last or near last.  Horses like that are frequently going to be dicey prospects and "good things beaten".

Actually thought Payne displayed great skill in the straight to get her that close.
honi soit qui mal y pense
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Vincent Vincent wrote:

If you'd done the form, which you clearly haven't, you would have known that the filly has always been a shocking barrier rogue which inevitably comes out last or near last.  Horses like that are frequently going to be dicey prospects and "good things beaten".

Actually thought Payne displayed great skill in the straight to get her that close.

I have yet to watch the race but everybody else seems to think she should have come down the outside instead of riding for luck.

Naturally I will reserve judgement until I have seen the footage.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:14pm
You know nothing Vincent,

Michelle Payne is in with the stewards atm.

They are simply asking her how she got her jockeys licence?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:15pm
Vincent you've got no clue, son. No matter what, a half decent ride wins the race in a canter. She gave it the worst possible ride, and the only ride that could get it beat.

She's in the stewards room and I hope leaves without her f*c*ing licence! She's no bloody good.
Sunline...simply supreme
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:19pm
Great ride for the future of the horse , settled well held up by slow horses early , got a great run through ,finished brilliantly , stick with her ,   great run from a 4 horse country maiden win to lead it into The Oaks.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:20pm
@mj_payne said she was mindful of getting Azkadellia into a nice rhythm to capitalise on her finishing burst but the filly got too far back

.@mj_payne tells @RVStewards she elected to go inside in straight as it would have been too much for Azkadellia to go around with them 59.5

On her ride Azkadellia @mj_payne : "I didn't want to kick up early and get her over racing, she's still very green." Agrees should have won

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:20pm

.@mj_payne tells @RVStewards she elected to go inside in straight as it would have been too much for Azkadellia to go around with them 59.5

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:23pm
Thanks Michelle and Cerion Maher, by the way, can you tell the punters before the race that you are actually not trying to ride the horse to win the race.

That would be nice.

This is the problem with racing.

Half the horses in a particular race aren't actually being ridden on their merits to win the race.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:27pm
Hi Michelle, if you get a chance study how Brad Rawilier rode Straum Star in the second race, this will give you a clue. Cheers.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:29pm
Great educational run for an inexperienced horse , narrowly beaten by a plunge horse ,   keep her on it, she will win the much more valuable Oaks , giving her great stud value.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 2:56pm
This is why you can't give horse to small stables or back them with confidence. They do things like put on Michelle Payne.
Sunline...simply supreme
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 3:13pm
So I guess you didn't back Set Square in the 3rd. Tongue
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 3:15pm
Funny what happens when you put a jockey with two hands and a brain on.
Sunline...simply supreme
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 3:22pm
I'll take that as a no.  But can't argue it wasn't a lot better ride than Payne's.

ps did you know Hall was crook all week, wasn't able to waste, and was about 8/1 about even riding on Wednesday?  Half the jockey room will probably be down with the flu come Monday.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 3:25pm
That was a no. I'm miles behind after missing with a few big go's.

Didn't know that about Hall. Would have needed to be dead to miss this day after his day last year. Taking a risk though, wouldn't want to be still trying to shake it come next week.
Sunline...simply supreme
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

This is why you can't give horse to small stables or back them with confidence. They do things like put on Michelle Payne.

I think they have a great strike rate ,    trainer and jockey combinations would like to have it . Results is what counts ,the facts .      Not some goofs ideas.   But I did see Sunline put in a very good post about the group 1 trainers.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Michelle the butcher.

Darling, learn to ride your horse out of the barriers.

Good to see the stewards did not agree with some of the goofs on here ,   after looking at the replay they said " THEY HAD NO CRITICISM OF HER RIDE "      Why would you want to hunt a young horse out of the barrier and risk teaching to overace .
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 8:10pm
Hatch please, stick to the facts. She escaped suspension for sheer incompetence, doesn't mean it wasn't a bad ride.
It was a shocker, Michelle would admit it. You would gain more cred when you admit that not every ride is a good one, Hatchy Boy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>