Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WEATHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WEATHER
    Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 1:31pm
(Hear) LOL
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 1:31pm
I hate storms too Furious, I think our dogs get the vibe from us, but they can here them coming long before we do!

My Dad was almost hit by Lightening while sitting at the kitchen table when I was young, I saw the bolt come through the window, the whole house shook and our silky oak tree in the back yard was charcoal by morning.
Also my brother in law was hit twice in his life the last time being when he was eighty years old, when he was out getting the animals in from the approaching storm, he put his hand on the gate and was struck - was rushed to hospital and was the talk of the town how he survived it, ! But that was tough Ol Bob.
So I'm respectful of those nasty clouds!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 1:22pm
Don't like storms.  I have a dog who shakes under my desk but I don't think I'm the calming influence she needs.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 1:05pm
AV ? weather I'm guessing - His predictions from his understanding of the manipulated atmosphere - he and a couple of others have been spot on thus far.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 10:17am
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Big smile yes, and sure they (the trained meteorologists) are getting stressed about the predictions by others coming to fruition!

For example?

Usually in La Nina years we see the event peak in January, with maximum convergence over the Eastern Hemisphere, providing tremendous uplift, and the opposite is true with much cooler waters in the Western Hemisphere.

We then see the event continue on until at least April, and then start to decay in May, but this year, there is a special treat planned, when it was announced yesterday that this La Nina has only 6 – 8 weeks to run before it finishes.

This of course is preposterous, weather and climatic events cannot do such a thing, and never have, every metric that we can measure shows the events always peak after Summer Solstice, and last well into autumn.

So the real message is that firstly, most people have been dumbed down to not understand weather patterns, and will accept the explanation from the Lamestream media, and the second is that we may see a complete shut off in the New Year, and scorching heatwaves to take over.

I have been mentioning this scenario all year, that once crops were flooded, the rain would stop and bushfires and heatwaves will again become prominent across Australia.

So far, the first part of the equation has eventuated, the rain over the next 6 – 8 weeks is going to be biblical, with interest, and of course the first 3 year negative IOD year in history was the warning we all needed to heed that this was coming.

This time around, I have again maintained an easing into the new year, however the factor that is most important is that so much water will be on the ground, we may be unable to dry out across NSW and Victoria, as a feedback loop may be established.

New South Wakes in particular will see storms continue to develop regardless of any drier period, because the volume of water that will be on the ground will be one of the biggest lakes ever seen.

And the same could be said for QLD and Victoria, on a smaller scale, any heatwaves that develop will have ample lower level moisture to produce monster supercell storms quite regularly.

However, kimberley mine may well have the meteorological explanation Confused

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 10:38pm
Sheesh,  Weather predictors are like horse tipsters.
No idea.    Just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. 
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 6:37pm
Big smile yes, and sure they (the trained meteorologists) are getting stressed about the predictions by others coming to fruition!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 5:28pm
I think they're having to make up names for all these new 'events'!
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 3:59pm
! read on weatherzone that there will be a Hybrid cyclone forming off Victoria hopefully at sea, they can cause tornadoes.
Have we had this type of event before? I've not ever heard of it in our country.
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 9:55pm
So glad I am nearly at the top of a hill Gay.  The first one is showing we should get 150+mm in the next week and the second one is showing we'll get 400+mm in the next 6 weeks.  The water table has been full here for months and the water is just seeping out of the ground, despite being at the top of a hill!
Many are far worse off at the moment, so I'm not complaining, but it's also one of the reasons I bought where I did :-) 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 7:26pm
For those of us hoping hard for some respite Unhappy

To Nov 3

Next 6 weeks

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2022 at 1:28pm
We had a drenching here, relentless, but pleased it dumped on us on the Alstonville plateau than Lismore, I had a couple of horses visit from Lismore to our stable and luckily as the trainer was cut off from the track.

The western-most low dumped 95.6 mm of rain on Renmark during the 24 hours to 9am on Monday, which was Renmark’s highest daily rainfall on record.

During the same 24-hour period, Alsotnville in northeast NSW was inundated by 233mm as the Tasman Sea low drove heavy rain into the region. Nearby, Ballina’s 126.4mm was equivalent to more than a month’s worth of rain falling in a single day.

Now, these two lows are on course to clash into each other and combine to form a dynamic and dangerous system called a hybrid cyclone.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 1:30pm
Yes it did. They got about 120mm overnight but it has cleared now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 1:28pm
I heard them say last night that Lismore was standing by for evac orders ?  Did that fizzle out PT ?  Hope so,,,,poor people.  Hope GAJ is dry .
Just keeps on drizzling here non stop.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2022 at 8:57am
Thanks TJ. Not too bad here The front weakened as it hit the coast through the night here and has almost disappeared now. Moving south but less intense.

A few places near here got over 200mm for 24 hours we got about 150mm over 3-4 days. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 8:02pm
Looking wet up your neck of the woods PT. Stay safe up there and anyone else affected
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:56am
Yes - & both those States could do with a bit as well

Oh - you mean rain.....LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:46am
All the action is shifting to Victoria and Tasmania.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2022 at 8:41am
Fair enough - just did some checking & would seem you are correct.

Sure I saw our Dom on the weekend though saying the worst wasn't over as more rain was expected on the Wed / Thurs. (yesterday/today)

Anyway good news for those on edge.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 8:09pm
The Sydney forecast for rain on Friday but relatively clear before then has ben the forecast for several days.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 7:30pm
God these weather forecasters need to get another job.

Wasn't is supposed to piddle down tomorrow for a few days here in Sydney. Now showing nice days Wed / Thurs & a few hours rain Friday. Great news for those in flood danger - but you have to question the science of weather forecasting.

Probably do Climate Change reporting in their spare time.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 7:28pm
I just wish a plumber would give me a quote so I can get some storm water in!
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 7:20pm
Great to hear from you GAJ. Hope you and our other waterlogged villagers are as well as can be. 
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2022 at 1:17pm
I hope our members and theirs are safe during the floods, seems to be getting worse. Take care all.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 5:38pm
Hawkesbury on high alert for flooding, again !!!
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:10pm
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 5:49pm
New record Clap
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 10:08pm
Flogging down here. 
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 8:36pm
You'd rain on anyone's parade.  Dead
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 8:31pm
What is it with Australians of the Year. 

Seems to be a common theme !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>