Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Echuca horse sales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:10pm
How do you know Mick & Donna dumped the horse at the sale?

It could also of been any of these people Mr R W Bird, Mr M W Bird, Mr B R Milne, Mr G Jackson, Mr B Fleming, Mr G K Wright, Mr D C Haley, Mr T D Haley
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:29pm
They'll deal direct with the knackeries or abbatoirs.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 8:52pm
Yep Gay3 - it costs $110 a visit for the pet fooders to come - same price for 1 or 100, dead or alive..... 

And that is what will be happening, name and shamed trainers will simply remove all options for the horse and have it shot or loaded directly onto the truck.... 

We do need to be careful as the consequences for the horses can be high.
Lawyer
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 9:24pm
It is clear that if the killers were going to get this horse Donna would have bid , so she obviously only going to let a caring owner get the mare . Also well done to Cool Terry Bailey for going out of his way for the fallen angels of his game .
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

It is clear that if the killers were going to get this horse Donna would have bid , so she obviously only going to let a caring owner get the mare . Also well done to Cool Terry Bailey for going out of his way for the fallen angels of his game .

Have you ever attended Echuca sales? I am not sure how anyone could ascertain that by simply looking at the person bidding.... There are never any guarantees when you sell a horse and going via Echuca sure doesnt increase the odds of getting an appropriate home.....  There are pin hookers at Echuca and if they cant double or triple their money the horse ends up at the doggers in a few weeks anyway.  

I hope the mare did find herself a nice home.

Lawyer
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 8:05am
oritah what is your point?  naming an shaming a small trainers who buy left overs from the big stables for 2 grand turns out the horse is broken in the head (like a ex waller horse I brought) they must get rid of it yeh?   

I'm at the sales a fair bit and agree people buy them from echuca for cheap work out the horse is no good to rehome and end up selling them back to the meat man,
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Oritah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Oritah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 10:32am
If you read my earlier post you will note I don't support naming and shaming trainers.

However early4lunch has defended the trainer by suggested the trainer found a "caring owner" I challenge that notion give how the auction works.
Lawyer
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Oritah Oritah wrote:

If you read my earlier post you will note I don't support naming and shaming trainers.

However early4lunch has defended the trainer by suggested the trainer found a "caring owner" I challenge that notion give how the auction works.

I am with you there .
Lots of TBs OTT end up there.  And the original owners need to know where their horse are, and where they are going.  To the dog tin.  
Stick it up to the owners and let them see where their horse is ending up.  
Take some of the syndicate owners on a tour of a knackery.  
Let them view where their slow horse is going.
We need to educate  all the incommers  as to what happens to their slow horses.
Take 'em to Eucha and let them see what happens.
And lets find some way to stop breeding of endless, useless , horses.

animals before people.
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:32pm
About 17000 goals are dropped each year. Where the hell do people think they all finish up? Better to have a horse "dogged" than stand malnourished by a "well-meaning" owner in a barren dry/waterlogged paddock without shelter/rugging.
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:34pm
FOALS.....bloody auto spell.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 2:55pm
A couple more from the Archard yard turned up in the past few days
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 3:01pm
Do you know if they found homes or gone to Shep meats?
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 3:12pm
I know the raced one sold for $800 to a private home.
The other I'm not sure what happened, it was unraced but had plates on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 10:54pm
If the horse is turning up with its race plates still on then not much effort put into re-homing.
Look out if the animal libbers crack onto that.

animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 11:34pm
Last year they sent a mare to Echuca with her race shoes on, she'd raced 3 days beforehand.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016 at 11:52pm
Who de F is Archard ??   Never heard of him ? Obviously not a big name trainer ??  And maybe we can glean an idea of why he isnt ??
Oh thats nasty .
These stewards that are supposed be patrolling these sales ??
Dont they crack onto this stuff ????
Or is it all froth and bubble,  and the TB game is going down the same road as the dogs ??
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 8:09am
http://racing.racingnsw.com.au/InteractiveForm/TrainerLastRuns.aspx?trainercode=Mzg2ODEyODA%3d&trainername=Daryl+Archard

Current Stable

Sweet Harada

1st of 11
FLEM 11Jun16

Leveraction
(Echuca)
FLEM 11Jun16 1800m Soft5 BM90 $80,000 ($44,000) Ms Brooke Sweeney (a) 58kg (cd 55kg) Barrier 3 Rtg 86
2nd Time to Test 55kg, 3rd Qadir 54kg 1:52.34 (600m 38.01), 0.1L, 1st@800m, 1st@400m, $31/$41

anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 8:46am
I wonder if he sent poor old Erghaam there. He raced last month and needed a vet cert and now he's retired I see. Problem is there's nothing illegal about what Archard (and many others) are doing. I doubt RVL could do a thing about it. I've seen him wearing an "Off The Track" hat which is what annoyed me !! We have never had to send a horse to those sales. A bit of effort and they get snapped up to good homes.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 8:23pm
This poor filly has ended up with Depot in Transit who chuck them out in large paddocks with colts etc. with not even any hay & now want $1000 for her Unhappy

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 8:25pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:05pm
Poor girl.   To miserable to even feed her .   Some animals do have a gelati life .
animals before people.
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:42pm
Hope she has a change of luck overnight and someone saves her.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 10:03pm
Me too.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 9:09am
Olivia Ludeman This horse wasn't trained by Mitch, he was pre training for another trainer. The the horse is mistakenly under his name...
Mitchell Freedman This is the horse just before she left my property.

tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 10:08am
Looks like she has been through hell and back since she left Mitch's place.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 3:31pm
Anyone know whats happened to her ?  Did she sell and to who ??
Gay ??
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 3:37pm
There are a couple in the process of trying to arrange funds but as someone said, $350 - $1k is a big hike. They watch the pages checking for interest then price accordingly. Keeping an eye on it.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by adolphus twirk adolphus twirk wrote:

About 17000 goals are dropped each year. Where the hell do people think they all finish up? Better to have a horse "dogged" than stand malnourished by a "well-meaning" owner in a barren dry/waterlogged paddock without shelter/rugging.

According to McGauran 90% live in Nirvana. Some would say he plucked those figs from the same place he rests his head but others still believe in fairy tales.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2016 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Originally posted by adolphus twirk adolphus twirk wrote:

According to McGauran 90% live in Nirvana. Some would say he plucked those figs from the same place he rests his head but others still believe in fairy tales.

Clap  what he said  ^^^^^^
animals before people.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 1:14pm
Seriously some people should be banned from owning horses, the picture of that mare Gay posted has really made me angry.

Can anybody recommend people or an organization where i could send money to, that WILL go towards helping rescue and re-home these horses?

I'll be honest, i don't trust easily, especially as i know scammers and no good people jump at the chance to get money off people claiming it's for a good cause, even with animals.

I'm not familiar with anybody who has been named in this thread previously, but i'm open to any recommendations, no PM's however post the info in here, so others can review it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>