Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Echuca horse sales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 11:57am
Yes???
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:06pm

STUDBOOK MATCH: CHERRY COLA - 2013 Bred by BIANCONI (USA) from LOLA. 5 Career Starts. Last started in JAN 20.

Obviously sent via cattle truck Ouch

STUDBOOK MATCH: PAUSINI - 2013 bred by POET'S VOICE (GB) from DOLLAR D'AMOUR. 27 Starts for 15k. Last Raced 2019.

Dam is there too Angry

BELIEVED TO BE: 2018 Colt (by ADELAIDE (IRE) from SYN CITY)

Over 30 TBs of all ages.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Feb 2020 at 1:11pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:19pm
Is Queen Cheetah related to the form good filly Rancheetah?

Shrunk, I've lapsed my ASB access for now, sorry can't help.

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Feb 2020 at 1:39pm
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:26pm
Oh that poor face.  Fingers crossed for them.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:37pm

Pen 78 Self Diagnosis

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 1:44pm
This is what well meaning participants are up against Angry

We trained this mare! Re homed over 12 months ago. Very sad and disappointed to see her end up here. Wish who ever bought her contacted us first!

Edited by Gay3 - 14 Feb 2020 at 1:45pm
Petiterhapsody View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiterhapsody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 2:06pm
Yes Shrunk she is. I recognised straight away the family, also got an old WA stallion in the pedigree, Landspeedrecord.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 2:24pm
Echuca horse about to go around at Donald on debut. She was beaten 100 lengths in a trial and dumped at Echuca. Has since had an impressive jumpout at Bendigo

“Wilson said one thoroughbred would even be given a second chance at a racing career after being purchased by licensed Bendigo trainer Leslie Robertson.

The four-year-old Strategic Maneuver mare, named Zargood, sold for $1900”
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:47pm
Disgusting, the racing industry should be better than this. Why can’t human beings self regulate? What happened to having morals and a conscience??
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 12:41pm
A few got lucky Big smile

ALSO - Lovely 2 yr old gelding by Nicconi out of a stakes placed Written Tycoon mare who has a ripping family 👏
From the family of Street Sence, Danehill Dancer Magestic Legend and the list goes on

Krystle Brighton For anyone interested...my family bought him.

Venus View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
These recently raced horses should be followed up. Pausini only raced 2 mths ago and was in too poor condition for sale? (I imagine the bar is quite low at these sales too). Disgraceful.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 6:01pm
There are so many scamming rings that they're impossible to combat Angry

Kirsten Mooney Racing Stables

Please make everyone aware of this bitch!

Yesterday I was informed by a friend that Mullinger Lane (our beloved Ralph) was in the Echuca Horse Sale today.

This horse was retired on Boxing Day. We found him a new home an hour away to which my husband delivered him. Ralph got homesick and wasn’t entirely happy so we decided, together with the girl that had him, that we would bring him home and try somewhere else. Michael picked him up.

I then approached a registered rehomer and we took him to her place and he settled in much better. She had a lady called Nicole from Karoonda who “seemed” lovely and met Ralph to take him to a big paddock and her son would eventually ride him as he is a great rider. She also ended up taking another one with Ralph. Sent photos of them happy eating a hay bale. This was three or four weeks ago. “Happy Days”.

This woman then sent him and the others on a truck to the “doggers” who in turn sent them on a truck to Echuca. She is a scam and part of a ring hoaxing that they are genuine about taking horses, only to send them to slaughter.

We had a heap of messages yesterday advising us of where Ralph was and offers to help get him out. We have his papers, we own him, he is a family horse. There was no transfer, lease anything and yet when Dad contacted Andrew Wilson who runs the yards he wouldn’t let him come out of the sale.

TO MAKE IT HORRENDOUS he looked disgraceful in the picture in the catalogue, he is terribly skinny and has scabs where he has been attacked by other horses on the truck. (I will attach the picture below reluctantly and you can see how sad he is).

Andrew Wilson would not let him go, he wanted the money for him to go through the sale. He informed me someone was going to buy him to race I said “over my dead body” and that I had the papers. He advised me papers/ownership mean nothing!!! He then said to me “by doing this you are effectively dogging him”, ie, not giving up papers.

We ended up buying him for $800 in conjunction with a lovely girl who has been a gem. She will give him the best home in a lovely paddock and fatten him up like he was the day he left. I thank Nell from the bottom of my heart, we all do.

No horse deserves this treatment and we need to stop this horrible money making cartel.

The stewards in SA were terrific and together we will stop them. Please share, please know exactly where your horses are going, don’t trust that these people are genuine. This horrible Nicole even had a dodgy card pretending to be a professional.

We as trainers and the racing industry do our best to rehome these beautiful animals and it’s situations like this that bring us to our knees.

If anyone knows her NAME AND SHAME HER. She works in conjunction with the abattoir at Port Wakefield.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Feb 2020 at 10:07pm
gelatiheads.   Cry
animals before people.
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 11:12am
Andrew Wilson & Co seem to be very ruthless hard heads. About the only auction house still accepting racehorses. Like it or not, gives callous owners and/or trainers an easy quick out for unwanted horses? They can get a truck to pick them up straight from the stables. Easier than contacting registered re educating facilities/programs and waiting to go thru the required channels 🤨
Not ALL, but definitely some, and NOT what the horses deserve. Retired at 2,3,4,5,? They have many healthy years still ahead of them. Despicable, I feel sorry for the strappers and staff that care for them, must be so hard watching them go.........
Deidre Stein has compiled a list of reputable re educators/rehomers. The racing associations in each state should do the same and trainers, owners, whoever should have to prove tbey’ve exhausted every avenue before any horse is auctioned?
After all, without the humble horses, there IS no racing. We need to show more respect.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 11:59am
I’ve got an 19 year old mare I’ll have to make a tough decision over, shortly.
It’s not always as black & white as some want
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 12:18pm
Surely if they were having issues with the horse they could’ve had the decency to contact the original owner and told them they couldn’t handle the horse. Not just dump hm without even bothering to ask for help
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Venus View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 4:20pm
This welfare money needs to go to rehoming & rescue places! They are getting nothing from Racing Australia. It’s not good enough. Spending the % of prizemoney on things like “research” is not appropriate when there’s healthy horses being killed.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 4:34pm
Unfortunately most of these horses are from 'rehomers' who trust the word of those they pass them on to. No one has ESP & even with the best intentions initially, circumstances change.
Many don't realise there's a high chance of their horse ending up in an abattoir & others don't care
Ouch
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 11:25pm
Plus there are trucks picking them up straight from the stables. Easy way out for owners/trainers who don’t want to go the extra mile.........
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 3:42am
ive been to a lot of these sales many of the horses are spent mentally from racing, (nut jobs) wonder how man horses the girls have saved turned out to be to hard to handle?
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 6:35am
Andrew Wilson & Co Echuca Auction
 · 

Andrew Wilson & Co Statement ~ Without Prejudice

We would like to clarify some misinformation about a horse that went through our sale on the 28/02/2020.

There has been a lot of social media commentary on Mullinger Lane since he arrived Thursday night before the sale . This has intensified since the last known industry owner / trainer Kirsten Mooney of Kirsten Mooney Racing posted the plight of Mullinger Lane and our company’s involvement with this on Friday .

We would like to take ownership of this misinformation and acknowledge the following facts :
When Mullinger Lane arrived at the sale yard he was scanned, identified and confirmed to have an ACTIVE industry status, he last raced Boxing Day at Nhill 26/12/2109 and had not been retired which one could argue is a violation of rule AR51 within the rules of racing.

Andrew Wilson personally received a call at 9.20 Thursday night from Dr Graeme Mooney Mullinger Lane’s last industry owners, demanding that the horse be taken out of the sale effective immediately .
Through conversation, which was continued the next morning it came to light that they had in fact “rehomed/given away” the horse after he had finished racing and on a post later circulated on social media, they go on to say that they had actually given him away twice and were aware that another girl ‘ Nicole ‘ had taken him from there .

Unfortunately we explained to them that we could not remove the horse from the sale as they were not the listed vendor of Mullinger Lane and as they had re homed/given him away they had therefore relinquished their rights to his ownership.

To put this in perspective we often hear of this rehoming scenario and it is frustrating that people don’t have a contract in place to avoid these issues continually arising.

An absentee bidder placed a bid that morning in the hopes that they would be able purchase Mullinger Lane and keep him within the industry as a racehorse and when we tried to explain this to Kristen she Simply replied with ‘ over my dead body ‘ we then went on to explain that selling him without his papers on the day was potentially allowing that horse to be exposed to a meat buyer and that it was in the horses best interests to be sold with these papers and by doing so this would guarantee his safety with the interested absentee bidder that day.

During the course of the day the Mooneys went on to RETIRE Mullinger Lane so that he could no longer be raced.

That morning we were also advised by Racing SA that The Mooney Family was going to be placing a bid to secure the horse in the event that he became in danger of a trade buyer or as most like to call it “A Dogger”. We never received this bid or any confirmation from either Dr Graeme Mooney or Mullinger Lane’s last industry Trainer, Kirsten Mooney.

Throughout the day we were in constant contact with both RVL and Racing SA about all of the horses at the sale and we understand that the old owners had made contact with them also and that they had been given the same advice that we had told them - that given they had rehomed/given away the horse they were best to buy the horse back to ensure its safety.

There were 27 tbs in the sale a total of 166 horses at the sales on Friday and as always we attempted to get the best result for all of them .

At the end of the sale we contacted the Mooneys as we hadn’t heard from them since earlier in the morning, even though we had been advised that they would be in contact to ensure his safety. During this conversation we informed them that the horse had been bought by the knackery, that it was going to be loaded and that even though the sale was over there was a small window of opportunity to purchase him back at the same price (there were a lot of negotiations behind the scenes in order for us to get this result )

It took a lot of convincing and back and forth conversations in order to get them to buy Mullinger Lane (also known as Ralph) back and ensure his safety, but eventually we got the right result for the horse .

We are now of the belief that the horse has been given away again by the old owners to another lady who is going to take great care of him.

The only positive in this entire scenario is that the horse is now safe!

Let us state strongly -

When you rehome a horse you should do your due diligence before confirming any new owner.
We face this dilemma on a weekly basis - we are not and can not be responsible for your poor decisions.
We do not make your horses skinny they are presented like this.
We believe that every horse deserves a chance and that is why we make them as visible as absolutely possible before the sale with photos , descriptions, and an absentee bidding service.

The staff and volunteers work hard and not just on the day, but always - to get a better result for these horses shaming/bullying them on social media or via phone conversations is hurtful and completely unacceptable.

We have access to a Vet when ever the need is presented and they attend with medical advice and treatment whenever they are required.
We have a healthy relationship with RSPCA - they attend the sales regularly and we encourage them to continue to do so!
We also have open communication with the Racing authorities and various Breeders in each state. There are also representatives of these entities at each sale, which we are more than happy to accomodate and we do all of this with one goal in mind - to help facilitate the best outcome for every horse!

Andrew Wilson and Co is the only mixed breed horse sale in Australia who has this level of promotion and visibility of its attending horses. We are proud of what we have achieved and continue to achieve for ALL horses attending our sales and we only hope to continue to improve on this in the future.

We hope that this post can help clarify the rumours and malicious statements being spread on social media and cease an end to the ongoing accusations and varied forms of bullying we are being subjected to.

Many Thanks, The AWC Team

http://www.equinehaven.com.au
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:23am
Thanks Phillip, there are always 2 sides to these stories & I'm glad Wilson stressed how important it is to ensure legally binding contracts when rehoming.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:30am
Gai this is a huge problem with ALL horses and ponies. If you're rehoming/selling a 7 year old you can be looking at 20 years+ of life for the horse out in the world taking its chances.

I dont think there is any practical way that the original owner can ensure that the horse is looked after and doesnt end up in dogger sale. Once it leaves your property its out of your control. All you can do is your best to match the horse to the new owner and make sure that they have your contact details and there is a very clear understanding that the horse can come back to you any time if the new owners circumstances change. But once the deal is done its no longer your horse.

Ive rehomed a few over the years and it makes me feel sick when you hear stories like this.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:30am
What a great option that I bet very few know even know exists Clap

Liz Day When you rehome a racehorse, make sure you are still the legal registered owner of the horse. This is done by registering his racing microchip with Central Animal Registration...CAR...they are outside the racing industry and will register any animal...chooks included!
That chip proves ownership in any legal dispute. Same with dogs and cats...owner registered to the chip is the legal owner in any court.
Contracts are not worth the paper they are written on as it costs thousands of dollars to peruse it via the courts. Chips are recognised as legal ownership.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 9:58am
That would work! You'd need some sort of regulation that the sale yards and knackeries are required to scan all horses and contact the owner, but a very practical solution.

The other huge problem is that there are more horses out there of all breeds than good homes for them. Don't know how you can regulate the number of horses bred every year.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:34am
I think the above will only be workable to the 'given away to forever home' but passed on regardless.
However this is in the pipeline & looks promising tho' whatever regulations are intigated, they need policing & offenders to be suitably prosecuted!

National Horse Traceability Register working group established after Senate inquiry

Posted

A working group has been established to help create a national horse register to make animals easier to trace, with Victoria and Queensland set to take the lead.

Key points:

• The working group was agreed upon by the country's state agriculture ministers
  • Queensland will lead the development of new animal welfare guidelines applicable specifically for horses at abattoirs for processing
  • Senator Mehreen Faruqi said she was "delighted" with the progress and that not racehorse "should end up in a slaughterhouse"

A Senate inquiry into the feasibility of the National Horse Traceability Register for all horses last year handed down 18 recommendations aimed at better managing and promoting animal welfare, rider safety, and biosecurity in the equine sector.

The establishment of the working group, agreed upon by ministers at the Agriculture Minister's Forum in Launceston in February, met the first recommendation from the inquiry.

Other recommendations urged the working group to engage with owners of abattoirs and knackeries to integrate a national horse traceability register into processing practices for horses.

It comes as revelations were made by the ABC last year that hundreds of registered racehorses are being discarded at slaughterhouses in Australia.

The working group could also usher in a phased approach to microchipping horses, and consider adopting a trial program following the establishment of the national register.

Ministers also agreed at the forum that Queensland would lead the development of Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for Livestock at Processing Establishments.

Queensland would also lead a review of the suitability for horses to come under Land Transport of Livestock in the existing Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines.

The review would be subsequent to the completion of coordinated action on horse welfare during transport, as agreed by agriculture senior officials on December 19, 2019.

Working group exciting step for campaigners

The national horse register working group's establishment was welcomed by a Newcastle mother lobbying for a national horse register for over a decade after her daughter was killed after falling from an ex-racehorse at a Dubbo TAFE.

Juliana Waugh has since been recognised for her efforts with an Order of Australia medal.

While initially Mrs Waugh started the push for the register in a bid to protect riders such as her daughter, she said she was excited the working group could establish a system that would cover other concerns in the sector.

"[The working group] are going to create a register at a very simple biosecurity level," she said.

"Into the future with consultation with groups will come all the benefits and uses, including the safety aspect, which our family were interested in."

The actioning of the first recommendation has also been welcomed by Senator Mehreen Faruqi, who established the Senate inquiry.

"I'm delighted to see the register moving from an idea to reality," she said.

"To see the full benefits of a register, including protecting horses from neglect and cruelty while improving rider safety and national biosecurity, it's vital the register covers all horses from birth to death."

Dr Faruqi said the register would make the horseracing industry more accountable.

"At the end of the day, no racehorse should end up in a slaughterhouse.

"Australians were outraged by the horrific slaughter of racehorses exposed by 730 last year.

"Tracking horses throughout their lives will help make sure the industry has no excuse but to give every horse a dignified retirement."

The ABC has requested comment from the Queensland's Agriculture Industry Development Minister, the Victorian Minister for Agriculture, the Victorian Minister for Racing, and Thoroughbred Breeders Australia on the implications of the establishment of the working group.

PhillipC View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PhillipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 8:48pm
Personally I think the National Horse Traceability Register will be nothing more than piecemeal.  It has been long legislated that people have to register their dogs and more recently their cats.  There are quite a lot of dogs and cats that aren't registered with their local Council.

The Traceability Register is only going to add to the expense of having a horse and I can't really see the benefit FOR the HORSE.  It would mean that EVERY horse bred (TB or other) would have to be microchipped and registered.  We all know that TB's already are, but what about Farmer Joe who breeds his stockhorse mare to breed another working animal, or the family who breed their mare for a pony for the kids or grand kids?  I think there are many, many holes in the idea and it hasn't been thought through well enough.  It's just been a knee jerk reaction to both the ABC story and the incident in NSW with the recently retired racehorse.  

Unfortunately, once you sell a horse or give it away, whether it be to a 'forever' home or not, you no longer have ANY control in what happens to the horse.

I liken it to selling a car.  Once you sell the car, you are no longer responsible for it nor have any say in what happens to it.  You can't sell a car and stipulate that they don't drive it with less than a 1/4 of a tank of fuel in it, or exceed the speed limit, or kiss it goodnight every night, or keep it garaged.  

The best you can hope for is that the person who buys your horse (whether it be a TB or any other breed) is going to do the right thing by the horse.  The suggestion above that they be told if ever their situation changes to get back in contact is a good one, but I fear would rarely be used.  You can only offer, whether it is taken up or not is another thing.

Maybe, if people still want or need to retain control of the horse, the only option would be to lease the horse out, not sell it, therefore retaining ownership and control over where the horse ultimately ends up.
http://www.equinehaven.com.au
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:12pm
You're right of course. My attitude to this is facing the grim reality that thousands of horses and ponies will go through a knackery this year whilst being determined it will NEVER happen to one of mine!

There are just too many horses out there . Thats the major problem. Some sort of universal registration would be the way to keep track of individual horses, but as you say , it hasnt worked that well with dogs and cats and thousands of them still get put down because no home can be found for them.

Maybe we should just face reality and realise that there will always be horses sent off to slaughter? Concentrate on humane horse appropriate methods of slaughter and strict horse transport regulations?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 10:22pm
Concentrate on limiting breeding would be a better idea. ( For all animals. )  Do away with back yard breeders.   And bring in better laws and penalties for animal cruelty. 
animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 11:02pm
It would be good if we could limit the number bred. But it doesnt work with dog and cats and wont work entirely with horses because so many people are, lets face it, sweethearts! I'm just thinking if the reality is horses are going to go to slaughter lets make it as humane as possible. I agree completely that we need tougher animal cruelty laws.

The other thing to think of is when a horse reaches the end of its life and the problem of disposal of the body. We had to get our 30 year old mare put down a few years back. Apart from getting a horse put down being an absolutely traumatic and horrible thing ( my old girl neighed in greeting when she saw me walking down with the vet which nearly killed me) is of course the expense.

Id say by the time we hired the machine to dig the hole under her favourite tree and paid for the vet to come out we were getting close to 1,000 bucks in cost. I know people who have sent their horses straight to the doggers rather than face the trauma and expense. All in all there will always be horses going to slaughter so we should make it as humane as we can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>