Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Echuca horse sales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:34pm
AA you do get naming shaming them is pointless as large amount of trainers do this, big stables aswell..
don't get why people feel the name to shame the trainers, it's the norm n this day an age to hard to house all the horses.
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:42pm
Sending racehorses to the kill sales with injuries and race plates on  is completely unacceptable in my book.
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:45pm
mowie, just because its the norm in this day and age doesn't make it ok..
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 3:51pm
I thought racing was trying to improve it's image Confused for the sake of $200 at the sales post expenses, get the bloody local knackery out to remove them F.F.S Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by deejays destiny deejays destiny wrote:

Thankfully both the above were saved

Thats good to hear.
Maybe its time for anyone that cares , to start naming and shaming , all over the place .
Not just the trainers, but dont the owners have some say in where their horses end up ?

There is a down side to this tho'.
Sales are held on Fridays & Wednesdays by 2 different companies, one of which allows photos of brands, microchip IDs etc. when they arrive, thus giving time for research as to what's there.
The other disallows it so ID becomes a bit more clandestine I understand.
I also believe one of those days is basically only attended by meat buyers.
Due to the worry of possible name & shaming, some sellers have decided to bypass the auction by going straight to Shep meats with instructions they are to be killed no matter what so a softly, softly approach appears to be the most beneficial to saving them.
This poor girl appears to have run out of time Cry, there are just so many non commercial available.
Zabeel (NZ) 1986
Sir Tristram (IRE) 1971
Lady Giselle (FR) 1982

Reset (AUS) 2000
Foal ref: 41:88

Assertive Lass (AUS) 1993
Zeditave (AUS) 1985
Sommes Sound (USA) 1984
Resetting (AUS) 2005
Foal ref: 42:924

Danewin (AUS) 1991
Danehill (USA) 1986
Cotehele House (GB) 1980

Mega Me (AUS) 1999
Foal ref: 41:1266

Party Time (AUS) 1990
Bletchingly (AUS) 1970
Lanyard (NZ) 1984
Family: 2b

Taproot: Hammock (GB) 1871

JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:09pm
There is a Sydney lady who has said  via Gatekeeper that she'll buy Resetting if she's still at Shep and wasn't shipped out last night on her way to some European butcher's window .. either way she will be lost to the TB Studbook, never to return if Racing Australia get their way.
Here's hoping she's soon on her way to be a riding horse in Sydney.

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Apr 2016 at 6:31pm
suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:26pm
Wonderful JoH if it can or has been facilitated Big smile I think we all have to face the fact that breeders cull mares surplus to needs, like or not. I feel most sorry for all the youngsters, who, thru' no fault of their own, haven't had a chance to prove themselves, nor will, e.g. last weeks' flood of unregistered babies from Mornmoot Angry
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:34pm
Mormoot's certainly gone from riches to rags since the days of David Leighton, Bill Birch, Century etc.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 11:06pm
Well, if its come to this, maybe there needs to be some limits put on the breeding side of things.
Pointless and extremely cruel to be breeding horses just to dog them before they ever have a chance at life.
Racing is supposed to be trying to IMPROVE their image, not throw the whole game in with the likes of last,s weeks clown.  ( Bulla )
animals before people.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 12:22am
The high wastage in greyhound racing has seen them impose some rules that will make it financially impossible to just breed willy nilly..in qld each time you get a bitch covered it's now a $2500 fee and then $250 per pup bond. Are there any similar rules in thoroughbred breeding?
JoH View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 3:27am
Re Shep mare:  No definite answer as yet.

Re: "...we all have to face the fact that breeders cull mares surplus to needs, like or not."

Pedigree lovers, buyers at sales, punters and/or anyone standing on the sidelines not actually involved in breeding but willing to point their finger can't have it both ways ...  you cannot expect 'new' bloodlines or combinations of existing /available bloodlines without a stud being able to rotate horses through their individual  breeding programs.
Not everyone is prepared,  able, willing or stark raving crazy enough to operate as a closed stud with their own stallion and a closed group of mares.  To remain viable open studs must move some mares on at regular intervals.
Of those mares some are being sold because they have breeding related 'issues' or the foals produced have not lived up to whatever standard was hoped for ... some are offered for sale thru a TB sale (Inglis etc) because aside from getting some small $ return doing so offers those bloodlines to other breeders lower down the food chain.

Re: "..I feel most sorry for all the youngsters, who, thru' no fault of their own, haven't had a chance to prove themselves, nor will, e.g. last weeks' flood of unregistered babies from Mornmoot Angry"
Too easy to sit in judgement ... I suspect there is considerably more behind this than you will ever know.    ... just sayin

suck it up ... Life isn't run at w.f.a. :)
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 4:33pm
Very disappointing Angry

Lynette Gill seems a little ironic that Hong Kong has a return to Australia policy for retired racers and we honour their commitment by sending them to sales for meat........
Robyn Lawrie More than a little ironic. Breach of trust. HK owner pays for him to be returned to Australia This isn't supposed to happen.

Kylie Stephensonโ€Ž to Thoroughbred GateKeeper
3 hrs ยท

Ex Hong Kong horse at Echuca

Win and Smile (HK)   Sayusayme (Aus)

Christine Daffy The reason I love the name and the song Karin is cause we now have him.

Great job guys/gals to ID & then secure him from a meat pen, I'm sure his HK owner could've easily had him butchered over there if he'd wanted that for him Clap Clap Clap

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Apr 2016 at 9:45pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2016 at 9:44pm
Meredith Prentice Purchased by myself Lynne Aitken Victoria Armstrong and another lady who donated towards him. Will be ridden and assessed next wednesday.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 1:59pm
Another Sale at Echuca today

Saw one on FB that still has race plates on having raced in country NSW last week.
Contrite Heart. Sydney 2yo winner, now a 5yo mare
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 2:11pm

Another Sale at Echuca today

Saw one on FB that still has race plates on having raced in country NSW last week.
Contrite Heart. Sydney 2yo winner, now a 5yo mare

The mare's recent poor form couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that she's now 30 starts into a campaign that's lasted over a year and taken her from Moonee Valley to Emerald Angry
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 2:17pm
Poor form or not, dropping her off at the kill sales is not what she deserves
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 3:50pm
City winning 2yo out of a Group 3 winning mare, she has real value as a broodmare.
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:07pm
How does one find out if sold to dogger, with maybe idea of rescuing?
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:21pm
Somebody needs to explain to this Russell Green wtf a spell is.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by Majestic Majestic wrote:

I'm thinking from this that she's safe but have asked for confirmation & as yet, no reply.

Kylie Stephenson
Yes lovely mare
Had a buyer

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:51pm
https://www.facebook.com/HorseAtAuction/timeline

Go to our FaceBook page        

PHONE US ON 0428 335 999

ECHUCA HORSE SALES (held each fortnight on a Wednesday)

We also attend other horse auctions when possible.

The Horses at Auction โ€“ Preview team (HAAP) is a small group of volunteers who attend horse auction sales. Our aim is to highlight as many horses to those who cannot attend the sales due to work commitments or live interstate. We photograph the horses, get as many details as possible, and upload pictures and details onto our facebook site. We believe this has the potential to give many horses a second chance.

We offer a secure bidding page for people to bid through, on the ground assessments and a dedicated phone line for all enquiries. We can recommend transport and training facilities.

HAAP is NOT a rescue, we do not accept donations, nor are we financially affiliated with any company, individual, rescue organisation or training facility. Our recommendations are based on experiences and positive feedback from the community.

Details of each auction we attend will be posted on our facebook site. As a rule however, the following applies:

Echuca Horse Sales are held every fortnight on the Wednesday. The horse auction commences at 1pm, 520 McKenzie Road, Echuca. Gates open at 7am ( View Map )

Stephen from Unique Performance Horses has very kindly agreed to hop into a pen and asses a horse that a bidder may be interested in. Please contact him direct on 0408 536 924. Stephen is only available at Echuca.

Please refer to our Facebook page for up to the minute information and updates.

If you would like a member of our team to bid โ€“ you must complete the APPLICATION FORM no later than 12pm (noon) on the day of the auction.
Make note of the Pen Number and a small description of the horse!. If you are unable to complete the form โ€“ please contact us on 0428 335 999 for assistance.

PLEASE NOTE: If you cannot get through to our very busy line, please leave a message, and keep trying!

BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:57pm

Sure, but the reality is that it does happen. The horse has 7 listed owners (including the trainer) and you have to wonder how a decision to take her somewhere like the Echuca sales is made. I would guess that the trainer has told the other owners that the mare has no future racing and they should try to get whatever they can for her (maybe or maybe not going into the detail of what that means). I was only suggesting that what is presumably the underlying basis for that decision (the mare's poor recent form) is largely to do with the trainer having NFI.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 5:59pm
Disgusting. Still in race plates too by the looks of it?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

AA you do get naming shaming them is pointless as large amount of trainers do this, big stables aswell..
don't get why people feel the name to shame the trainers, it's the norm n this day an age to hard to house all the horses.
No place for you in racing then Mowie, off you go.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Sure, but the reality is that it does happen. The horse has 7 listed owners (including the trainer) and you have to wonder how a decision to take her somewhere like the Echuca sales is made. I would guess that the trainer has told the other owners that the mare has no future racing and they should try to get whatever they can for her (maybe or maybe not going into the detail of what that means). I was only suggesting that what is presumably the underlying basis for that decision (the mare's poor recent form) is largely to do with the trainer having NFI.
Any trainer, and I mean any trainer who condones a meat sale will get whats coming to them, we earn our living from these lovely animals, and there is a life after racing, for any trainer/owner who respects the animal.......Karma bites hard, just wait.
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:28pm
If Kylie on line, well done again. Admire your resolve. Surely owners and trainers know of people who would take a retired racehorse and regime or is it all too hard to spend a moment on these animals future after they have given there all to their connections, only to be jettisoned on a whim ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ก
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 7:40pm
Sold one recently through North East Horse Sales based in Benalla.  They have a website for those interested, just google their name.

Hope I wasn't dudded, however they appear to be an ethical crew, so virtually gave away a mare in the expectation that she was headed for a surrogate life breeding performance horses via embryo transplant.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 8:00pm
Contrite Heart (AUS) 2010

Life Number: AUS01002158bay mareDate of Birth: 21/08/2010 
 Microchip Number: 985100010965556
DNA Typed: Y 

by Dane Shadow (AUS) 2001 
 from Dan Baroness (AUS) 2005

bred by Mr G Grimish, NSW 
Official Australian Stud Book Pedigree

Danehill (USA) 1986
Danzig (USA) 1977
Razyana (USA) 1981

Dane Shadow (AUS) 2001
Foal ref: 41:1626

Slight Chance (NZ) 1989
Centaine (AUS) 1980
Lady Aloof (NZ) 1981
Contrite Heart (AUS) 2010
Foal ref: 43:320

Statue Of Liberty (USA) 2000
Storm Cat (USA) 1983
Charming Lassie (USA) 1987

Dan Baroness (AUS) 2005
Foal ref: 42:1679

Weekend Surprise (AUS) 1997
Rubiton (AUS) 1983
Seaside Attraction (AUS) 1988
Family: 13a

Taproot: Juliet (GB) 1851

Career:  45-3-4-4    Prizemoney: $72,202 

Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by Majestic Majestic wrote:

I'm thinking from this that she's safe but have asked for confirmation & as yet, no reply.

Kylie Stephenson
Yes lovely mare
Had a buyer

Kylie Stephenson Still had racing plates on
Anyone know who trained her?

Trish Lincoln
Trish Lincoln Russell Green from Wangaratta

Trish Lincoln
Trish Lincoln Her last start was 16/4 so not surprised she still had plates on

Kylie Stephenson
Kylie Stephenson Trish Lincoln was still active as well

Trish Lincoln Who bought her?

Kylie Stephenson
Kylie Stephenson Not sure was thru haap and put a fair price on her

Edited by Gay3 - 27 Apr 2016 at 8:02pm
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:02pm
The police force may be interested in the heavy horse types. Does someone notify them?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 2:47pm
Kristen Manningโ€Ž to Racing Australia
35 mins ยท

there is now fund raising taking place to save BELUS who is at a knackery with limited time... a loving home has been found for this 18Y0 dual G3 winner, money is needed to purchase him and float him to his new home.... please email me for details re the banking kriman@optushome.com.au - it is being handled by Lynne Aitken who has a great track record of saving horses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>