Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mr Lefty View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:01am
So let me get this right. Battash is rated on par with Black Caviar, and Crystal Ocean sits comfortably on 129 having never won a single Group 1 race. Sounds legit to me lol
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Mr Lefty Mr Lefty wrote:

So let me get this right. Battash is rated on par with Black Caviar, and Crystal Ocean sits comfortably on 129 having never won a single Group 1 race. Sounds legit to me lol

It really has little to do with the races grading.

I have seen 2 2yos this season that would already be superior to all the group 1 winning 2yos last season.

reductio ad absurdum
Mr Lefty View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:51pm
Well that's convenient when working out just who is best and who aint, Perhaps its even biased lol
Mr Lefty View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lefty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 12:56pm
Just for giggles how did the July cup winner assert himself on his trip out here, Just how well did his form and rating stack up ???????
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:26pm
Clearly he did not enjoy his trip to Australia. He struggled to keep up with his less fancied stablemates.

reductio ad absurdum
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2018 at 1:37pm
Read page 1 of this thread. :)
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 1:47pm
She’s back in work

Started pre training this week
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Clearly he did not enjoy his trip to Australia. He struggled to keep up with his less fancied stablemates.

He must have given the impression of a horse that was enjoying himself because they kept on backing him.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 6:54pm
Is this her box ?

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:33pm
Saw that earlier & thought it looked awfully tight Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:16pm
One would suspect they would all be like that at Wallers ??
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:16am
Is she over at the knee? A few champs have been. I think it’s a plus! Might be a key to soundness in front legs 😳
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:18am
I was thinking the same.  Never noticed it before though.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Is she over at the knee? A few champs have been. I think it’s a plus! Might be a key to soundness in front legs 😳

Agree with you there Sister Dot, comes with age on a few champs as you say, over but a nice short cannon more than compensates imo, Todman was noticeable over when he made his comeback but sound in front fwiw.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 12:28pm
Old Ronny Bones once told me they're even sounder in the knees than 'correct' ones. He was referring to a great old h/capper I had by Jambo whose knees actually quivered they were so far forward/bent!
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Old Ronny Bones once told me they're even sounder in the knees than 'correct' ones. He was referring to a great old h/capper I had by Jambo whose knees actually quivered they were so far forward/bent!

Use to love the Jambo stock Gay , if you have a look at Choisirs pedigree you will see his fourth dam ( maternal) Straightlaced was by Jambo ( she won the Flight S.) I strapped her when I was very young fwiw, probably why he appealed .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:25am
Some Winx triva. 12 fillies have beaten her home. Slightly Sweet x 2, First Seal X 5 2 of those fillies have 2yos in training, Both with John Hawkes - Peggy Jean ( Enjaaz ) and Mossfun ( Tumooh )
No gelding has ever beaten her.
reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:44am
So we should aim to buy fillies and never geld?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:01pm
Yes.
reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Is this her box ?

She Has put on a mountain of weight .   Especially lower areas.     . Good chest and diving power is the rear.

The Bloke and the Horse don't look too bad either.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:19pm
Time Flies .      Only a few weeks before The smart Lady will be adding to her imposing record.
Hard to accept 3 months have passed since her 4th Cox Plate win.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:26pm
She looks the best I’ve ever seen her this prep.
Shame they’re retiring her, could easily keep going.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

She looks the best I’ve ever seen her this prep.
Shame they’re retiring her, could easily keep going.

Who said she was retiring ?        Don't frighten me .
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2019 at 11:24pm
Waller said after her trial, Appolo, Chipping Norton, Ryder and a finale in the Queen Elizabeth, then she's retired.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:16pm
Why are they going to the Apollo? Does anyone know?

She's not really a 1400m horse anymore - last year she was fine just going straight to the mile, so whats the reason - it's not money and it's not even a Group 1.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2019 at 1:26pm
The cynic in me would suggest it's in the hope of giving it a ratings boost and potential Group 1 status.

It'll never happen but I reckon it'd be nice if she kicked off in the Orr, final farewell to Melbourne and one last race at Caulfield and after the Queen Elizabeth go to the Doomben Cup, off in the state where she first really announced herself as a champion.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:21pm
Highest earning horses
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Why are they going to the Apollo? Does anyone know?

She's not really a 1400m horse anymore - last year she was fine just going straight to the mile, so whats the reason - it's not money and it's not even a Group 1.

Yeah it's a bit of a shame from a trivia point of view, she has only run in G1's since the 2017 Chelmsford and would have been neat to see her extend her record for successive G1 wins without a lower grade race in between. Currently it's:

jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 1:27pm
She's also $1.6 million off becoming the highest earning horse in history. 
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2019 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

The cynic in me would suggest it's in the hope of giving it a ratings boost and potential Group 1 status.

It'll never happen but I reckon it'd be nice if she kicked off in the Orr, final farewell to Melbourne and one last race at Caulfield and after the Queen Elizabeth go to the Doomben Cup, off in the state where she first really announced herself as a champion.

I get why you wan't to see her travel to Melbourne but that race makes even less sense for her, Caulfield 1400 is pretty risky for her.

I just feel like whats the point of even running her in this, it's not for fitness, money or to win more G1's, so what is it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 112113114115116 177>