Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 6:39pm
AFL side Richmond was never beaten at the MCG in 2017, winning the premiership in that year.  Nor were they beaten at the MCG in 2018 leading up the the game that would take them to the Grand Final.

But then they go beaten in the game to qualify for the 2018 Grand final, after at least 25 wins on the trot in the great stadium.

Everyone can can have on off day.  Every team can have a day off.  Hey, every horse can have a day off.

Imo to suggest we should downgrade our evaluation, opinion, appreciation or even love of a competitor on the basis of one single loss simply beggars belief.  

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Winx will win, it’s as simple as that.

I wish punting was as simple as that. We would all be rich and bookies would be broke.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

I wish punting was as simple as that. We would all be rich and bookies would be broke.

If it was any other horse, I would agree with you.
But it’s Winx, she is a freak and will win the Cox Plate next weekend.
Nothing in the list of nominations is capable of beating her.
She will win.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Where do you see the bad luck in running coming from, though? Unlike the Turnbull the Cox Plate looks like it’s going to be about a 7 horse field max, it’s pretty hard to get boxed in with that.

Fair point. A small field certainly reduces the risk if bad luck. Although in the race Kingston Town got beaten by being boxed in there were only 8 starters so nothing is certain in racing.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:45pm
Prior to that defeat Kingston Town had won his previous 21 races in Sydney, so not unlike Winx.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:50pm

If it was any other horse, I would agree with you.
But it’s Winx, she is a freak and will win the Cox Plate next weekend.
Nothing in the list of nominations is capable of beating her.
She will win.

If that is truly the case then you should take out a mortgage on your home and put it on Winx at $1.25. Nothing is certain in racing. If she was certain to win she would be $1.01. Bookies are not being generous offering $1.25. It's because they figure she's really a $1.35+ chance.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:56pm
I already have.
Every last cent I have is on Winx at $1.30
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 7:58pm

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Haha Mal wasn’t the only one crying.
I was a young bloke,and emptied out on the 7 to 2 on.
It was in a four horse race won by rare form at rosehill.
It was a tough way to do your dough

Yes I think it was Rare Form. You have a good memory.

Brian . M. Smith ? I think.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm

I already have.
Every last cent I have is on Winx at $1.30

Well a win of 30 cents should never be sneezed at Shawy. Wink
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:02pm
This is my rated market to 100%

$1.32 Winx ($1.25 books)
$9.00 Benbatl ($9-$10 books)
$15 Blair House ($17 Books)
$28 Humidor ($15 books)

So I think the bookies have it pretty right. They have Winx $1.25, which is unders, but they have to make a profit. The horse I think is way unders is Avilius at $17. It's got Buckley's chance.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Haha Mal wasn’t the only one crying.
I was a young bloke,and emptied out on the 7 to 2 on.
It was in a four horse race won by rare form at rosehill.
It was a tough way to do your dough

Yes I think it was Rare Form. You have a good memory.

Brian . M. Smith ? I think.

That might have actually been at Randwick in the Chelmsford. He was then beaten again running 2nd to Cossack Prince in the Hill Stakes at Rosehill.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:04pm
BTW, I'm not a Winx detractor by any means. I backed her last start in the Turnbull. I was happy to take $1.20 as I rated her a $1.10 chance. That was a weaker field though, and I still got a huge scare when Bowman tried his best to get her beat.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:11pm
How many horses will start in the Cox Plate? I think these will.

Winx
Benbatl
Humidor
Avilius
Blair House
Savvy Coup
Kings Will Dream

Any others?
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:21pm
I don’t think Kings Will Dream will be running
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:27pm
Yes, KWD probably 50/50. Don't be surprised if he runs though after he blouses them tomorrow. :)
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:28pm
Winx is beatable if they crawl upfront and then scoot away. This scenario plays right into Benbatle's hands which worries me as there wont be any natural pace in the race. He could be awfully hard to run down in those circumstances.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:29pm
According to Racing Post AOB is keen to run COM.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:34pm
Who is COM ?

IF it is a slow pace and small field I do not see why Winx would not sit on or near the pace
reductio ad absurdum
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Red Rancher Red Rancher wrote:

According to Racing Post AOB is keen to run COM.

3 runs in 3 weeks? Not doubting you, but that's a bit weird.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 8:44pm
Correction not COM but Rostropovich.

On the prospect of taking on Winx and Benbatl in the Cox Plate, Comerford added: "There's a chance he will, we're not sure at the moment and Aidan's considering it. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea as he's going through the motions and really enjoying it. There's no reason why he shouldn't, but that's up to Aidan."
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Where do you see the bad luck in running coming from, though? Unlike the Turnbull the Cox Plate looks like it’s going to be about a 7 horse field max, it’s pretty hard to get boxed in with that.

They can get boxed up in a 3 horse field ...    Luck is real in everything in life,   we all need some sometime.     Winx had hers last start.

Will be a pity if she doesn't make it 4 Cox Plates ...   She has earned it .     Your a Young one Speediskey , MAYBE , you will see another WINX .

I most certainly won't .      What a sensational Galloper.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 9:39pm
Yeah, I mean it's definitely possible to still get boxed in with 6-7 horses, but I feel like Bowman would have to purposely try to get her boxed in, if she draws inside he would just go back to last and start circling them, if shes draws out a bit I just don't see her getting stuck on the fence.

I really didn't rate that Benbatl win that much, he's obviously a good horse, but I still feel like Winx has 4-5 lengths on him at her peak.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:38pm
If she did get boxed in I have no doubt she and Hughie would barge their way out. He would happily sacrifice the rest of the spring to see she got a crack at them.

reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:45pm
Serious underestimation of Avilius.

For mine he is just as good as Hartnell, and he would run as well as a zipping or Folkswood.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Serious underestimation of Avilius.

For mine he is just as good as Hartnell, and he would run as well as a zipping or Folkswood.

You've gotta be joking.. he beat Brimham Rock less than a length at 2000m. The horse is a handy G3 winner and would be competitive in those poor staying races.. absolutely no hope against this class of field over 2000.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:33pm
Only bad luck in running will beat her.    And lets hope Hughie will keep her out of bad luck.
If he doesnt , he is a shot duck LOL
animals before people.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 11:50pm
So Speedy, you are saying he is not as good as Folkswood, who finished third last year?
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Formerly Kincsem View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Formerly Kincsem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 2:42pm
She has 5-6L on these if they go a proper gallop so I can’t see them giving her the speed she wants. I hope Bowman is a bit more positive and takes off a long way out. Only a complacent ride is a risk.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 8:08pm
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 9:49pm
To be absolutely honest, I am almost Winxed out.

As they said in Phar Lap the movie when the Yanks saw him, if somethings good that is fine, but something can be too good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 104105106107108 177>