Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:10pm
Slight query in the Cox Plate though, was today a guy buster?
She will probably still win though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:11pm
Gut buster.. probably not on second watch.
We will see
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:20pm
PoP - she will win but you're right...it was a tough run.

Good win today though.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:23pm
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:30pm
She'll be fine I'd say. Having 1 less run than last Cox Plate prep. Was probably good for her.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:31pm
Tend to agree. She just finds a way to win.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm
Her only danger would be The Autumn Sun and I think they're not brace enough to run him. If I owned him he would be going there.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm
Brave not brace
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Tend to agree. She just finds a way to win.

Did you back Winx months ago? $1.70 was good odds about five moths ago.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:53pm
Was it a tough run? Ridden cold and sprints home.. She is amazing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:40pm
Broke 11 for the last 200 and inside 22 for the last 400, she'll let fly at the school and go whooska , floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee is our Queen.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:47pm
She’s run her last 600 in 32.21.

That’s without getting a run till the 350.

And Hugh going easy on her the last 150.

At the end of 2000 metres.

Unbelievable.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

So for her last half mile she has run  11.77 - 10.74 - 10.60 - 10.87   (43.98 - 32.21 - 21.47 - 10.87)  That is astonishing.

Trap for Fools was leading at the 600m and has finished in 33.82 - and missed a place.   He was beaten by the horse who, against a slow early pace was 10 lengths behind and last.

I have never seem anything like it.  She just defies all expectations.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:59pm
Watched the replay she didn't get past them till the 50m and yet wins by a length.  Any other horse would just beat them.  Love her to bits but I thinks I'd have died of a heart attack if I'd owned her.  There is no pressure but she makes it so hard for herself every run.  How can anyone doubt we are watching a supreme athlete unlike any I've seen before.  She is unique in how she runs. 
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 5:59pm
That was actually one of Hughy's better rides imo. He really did run out of luck and did not panic, that was the key. 
For all of his rides where he just expects her to do it on her own, it was great to see that there was a plan b, c, d, .... the lad can ride!

That was a win for the ages imo. Super mare. Giddy up to the 4th COX PLATE then you'd expect her to retire. 
She'll be cherry ripe in 3 weeks. I'll be there to see it, can't wait!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:15pm
Pity he couldn't do same on Ranier...
carche View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:29pm
I think she rewrote her genetic code soon after that win in Queensland because she simply cannot be  beaten. She's freaking amazing. How many times has Winx defied the odds to win!? I've lost count. I love the front on footage of today's race as Winx bulldozes her way into daylight after Hugh manoeuvres her ala Lonhro Australian Cup style out from behind traffic. That is pure gold. Her will to win is priceless. I'm luvin' the ride she's been taking us on. Never a dull moment.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 7:04pm
Great final sectionals in a very slow early 2000m.     The type of situation
That can get good horses beaten     ( lol But not champions )

REMEMBER it was "with penalties WFA"   so she met all of them a bit worse than the scale.

She needed a clear run in the straight ,    Her stablemate provided that so she lives to fight another day.   ( No suggestion of team riding , just the way the race panned out.)
   Winx is certainly Special.    Produces when necessary.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:01pm
Those sectionals can't be right.  It has Ventura Storm running a faster last 600 than Winx.  He was 3L in front of Winx at the 600 and was beaten just under 2L at the post.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Those sectionals can't be right.  It has Ventura Storm running a faster last 600 than Winx.  He was 3L in front of Winx at the 600 and was beaten just under 2L at the post.
Oops, scratch that.  I was comparing to Youngstar's sectional by mistake.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:58pm
She hits that flat spot between the 400-300 and today it really looked like she was going nowhere, but then she finds that next gear and it's all over. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

She hits that flat spot between the 400-300 and today it really looked like she was going nowhere, but then she finds that next gear and it's all over. 

I was surprised where he had her, bottled up on the rails .

She wasn't going anywhere until her stablemate surprised us, with a quick sprint that allowed Winx to find a gap around Young Star's heels.

Super run at the weights & slow pace by Kings Will Dream for the coming Handicaps.
   Even the Best need those breaks in the run.
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by jacko1 jacko1 wrote:

I was surprised where he had her, bottled up on the rails .

She wasn't going anywhere until her stablemate surprised us, with a quick sprint that allowed Winx to find a gap around Young Star's heels.

Super run at the weights & slow pace by Kings Will Dream for the coming Handicaps.
   Even the Best need those breaks in the run.

He said during the week he was happy with her draw because it meant she wouldn't get stuck on the inside... so it was not where he wanted to be, even if Waller and he seemed unphased afterwards I'm sure if he could redo the first 200m of the race he would be able to get her to a better position. 
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 11:13pm
I wouldn't mind seeing her back up next week before the Cox Plate, doubt it'll happen though.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing her back up next week before the Cox Plate, doubt it'll happen though.

Her edge is that devastating Sprint she can find .    More Runs may not suit that side of her.
She does go to the Cox Plate , better weighted.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 9:51am
M Walker was the real MVP yesterday. If he shuts that gap on the tiring Mighty Boss, the great mare’s run would’ve ended at 27.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:00am
Yesterday was only the second time I would credit the majority (65/35) of the win to Hugh.

The other would be her first Cox Plate when he knocked Criterion into the shadow realm & took that inside run. I reckon that one was 70/30 Hugh.

I only give him partial credit for the prep work leading into second Cox Plate, when he used that slug as a penotrometer in one of the earlier races on the card. Inside was definitely off.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:17am
The consensus seems to be that it was a good ride. I thought it was another shocker of a ride but the horse keeps on saving Bowman.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:45am
Didn't Waller say words to the effect that it was a perfect ride and he had her in a perfect spot, but there are different expectations around her?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:45am
How can it be construed as a good ride?
He settled in the worst possible position, the gap opened for him, it would have been an act of gross negligence,had he not taken it ( as occurred,earlier in the day)
If the steward are fair dinkum,the earlier ride should see him miss most of spring.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 177>