Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 12:03pm
She has always been temperamental with her behaviour though.
Hence, she wears the ear muffs and also in NSW she is treated with regumate.
Which is a massive assistance to feisty mares and keeping them calm. Couldn’t use that particular product when she was in Melbourne because it’s banned.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 2:27pm
Waller said in an interview that the rug was pinching her and he had to get it off.
See Group 1 Gav ( Eades ) bought that gate panel for around 9 thousand $. 
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Waller said in an interview that the rug was pinching her and he had to get it off.
See Group 1 Gav ( Eades ) bought that gate panel for around 9 thousand $. 

That's about right imo, blaming the muffs coming off was a "throw", taking that rug of her the way he did in the yard sent the message "action Jackson" and she responded in kind..
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

What clear indication would that be

Her foul temper.

Sorry Tlaz, that’s just nonsense
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 7:36pm

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

What clear indication would that be

Her foul temper.

Sorry Tlaz, that’s just nonsense

Well you probably know far more than me about cranky horses but I'm sticking to my theory.Tongue
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:34pm
What has she done in her racing career Tlaz. to suggest she has as you call it " a foul temper".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:34pm
I suspect that’s want you want to believe to suit you4 support if the great mare but her history has been well documented

Yes been a handful and a cranky bitch for a long time. Using you rather odd claim, she should hav3 been retired 3 years ago
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:35pm

I suspect that’s want you want to believe to suit you4 support if the great mare but her history has been well documented

Yes been a handful and a cranky bitch for a long time. Using you rather odd claim, she should hav3 been retired 3 years ago

That was to Tlaz
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm
Spilt my coffee Shrunk.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 10:12pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:17am

At last some Normality .

Fark .....    If she isn't the best of all times I'll eat my egg sandwich.

The Vote says ( Half pace Winx ) Number ONE ....      END OF THIS THREAD>
kingjim View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Atreus Atreus wrote:

djebel

I rate each run individually.  I don't massage any of the ratings as Timeform are obviously doing by boosting up horses that run 2nd to Winx.  So there are Fluctuations in the ratings.  Winx might get a 67 rating one day and a 60 rating another day on my ratings.  In fact the fluctuations are even wider than that for Winx

However when I look at all the ratings for Winx together there is no doubt she is a great horse as she can churn out high rating runs like no other horse.  Actually I lie.  There was one horse in the last few years who did came close to Winx and that was Jameka.  Jameka's top 3 runs would only fall 1 point short of Winx's top 3 runs.  However Winx's 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th etc rated runs are much higher than Jameka's equivalent runs

So overall Winx is the best horse of the last few years but I don't think she had much on Jameka when both were at their best.  Which is just one of the reasons I am sceptical about Winx's 33 race winning streak.  Even if Winx is a great horse I don't believe you can win 33 in a row if the opposition are giving 100%.  No horse has that much of a margin over the opposition.  Occasionally either bad luck in running or another horse pulling out a big run should beat you

One last point.  It is easier in Australia to be a top 2000m horse than a top 1200m horse as Australia has a lot more depth in sprints (obviously)

so
* Jameka is rated close to Winx at Jamekas and Winxs?
* you don't think winx has much on Jameka.
May I ask then where you put Jameka on a global scale before I start having a go at what you're saying.

Verde ole
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:31pm
I've been away for three days and your still all at it!

Each era has a champion.  Winx now.  Black Caviar then.  Makybe Dive in her day etc etc etc.  Loved Jameka also another wonderful mare.  They are all totally different animals.

This is about Winx but alot of the bad reviews are due to perceived downgrading of other horses.

I would never bad mouth any of the above mares.  Or many others which have been champions or favourites in the past.  Life has been better because they gave their all.  

But I've never seen a racehorse like Winx before.  So she gets my acclaim today.  I don't know what you have been watching in recent years.  But you missed plenty of fun and games with this girl.  

Diving through holes.   Missing the start.  Being snookered but getting out in time - just.  Being left flat footed but finishing faster than she ever had to before and getting the win.  Skipping over mud like it was solid ground while all around her got bogged down.  Running race records when the tracks were fast.  Finishing better than any sprinter on the same card or any other horse for that matter.

So to downgrade her you are saying there has been nothing worthy of note racing in Australia for four generations.  And for that matter as she broke plenty of race records not much before either!  

I've just had three wonderful days with the family.  You are still trying to convince others that she was overrated.  Have some family time and let it go.  We love her for a reason.  Maybe you don't see it.  But it's time to give it a break.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:44pm
Well put Furious ...       ---    THE END
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:01pm
Thumbs UpClap
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
Doesn't take long these days:-

"Both Danny Shum Chap-shing and Jimmy Ting Koon-ho have admitted they avoided taking horses to the 1,000m Class Three at Sha Tin on Easter weekend, which Voyage Warrior won with ease in just 54.89 seconds.

Shum’s Golden Dash and Ting’s Yee Cheong Baby will instead run in Wednesday night’s Class Three Seoul Handicap (1,000m) at Happy Valley."

Was only his 2nd start.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
I think everything has been said that needs to be & your post furious is a wonderful tribute to close this thread on.
The Breeding forum will be her next port of call Heart

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
sunlinesusie View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunlinesusie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:15pm
I am missing someone this spring racing carnival, hmmmm oh yes it's the mighty Winx. The Cox Plate is very open this year but she would have blitzed them all. My office wall is covered with my "Wall of Winx'
and I miss her. Won't see anyone quite like her again for this millennium.
Still waiting to hear, can anyone out there tell me if she is officially in foal to I am Invincible.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:06am
Feel it is worth saying, as some people wonder how Winx V Lys Gracieux would have been.

This is what would have happened

Bowman would have run up alongside Castelvecchio.

Winx would have been under a tight hold next to Castelvecchio. (as per usual)
Winx would have shot 2 lengths clear of Castelvecchio at the 300.

Lys Gracieux, who wobbled under pressure, would not have been able to catch Winx.
Lys was too far back.
The thing with Winx, her cadence has her under a tight hold at the 800m, to 300m, and would have already shot clear of Castelvecchio, who even appeared to be the winner.

Winx ran as straight as an arrow. 
It simply would have been another Winx win. She would have had the colt in trouble at the 400.
And thats the difference.
Winx would have been too far ahead of Castelvecchio for Lys to catch Winx.

Winx was in another stratosphere.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 10:57am
Maybe. 
reductio ad absurdum
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 11:02am
How do times plus sectionals stack up? I have not looked. But has anyone got an idea how this plate rated against Winx?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 11:41am
fwiw I'd say if Winx was in that race she takes the position LG did while LG settles much closer, there was talk before the race about how LG is capable of going forward or back. I think Lane rode her like she was the best horse in the race but if Winx was there he would have rode her differently.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 12:36pm
And Bowman would have ridden Winx differently as well . Not like her third cox plate where she was ridden arrogantly wide the trip and still ran it faster than the time on Saturday. LG would become another name on the long list of horses that people were spruiking to beat Winx and didn’t.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 12:59pm
Maybe.
reductio ad absurdum
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:41pm
Would LG and Castle have even run if Winx was in it? They’d have chosen other targets and you’d have Bart and Humidor trailing her home yet again.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Straight arrow Straight arrow wrote:

How do times plus sectionals stack up? I have not looked. But has anyone got an idea how this plate rated against Winx?

From David Gately via Twitter:

Did this with Golden Rose (and copped abuse) NOTE: not drawing conclusions, merely stating facts as. I think it’s interesting!

WINX- 2018 Cox Plate (good-3) Runs 2-03.47 (home 47.2/ 35.46/ 11.92 off 1-27.85 1st:1440m

LYS GRACIEUX- (good-4) 2-04.21 (46.6/ 35.2/ 11.72 off 1-28.38
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:53pm
Oh and the guy I know who works at Racing And Sports and does the Timeform Australia ratings said that Lys G would get a rating of 124 up to 125+
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 1:54pm
You posted that yesterday Jamal
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Red Rancher View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rancher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:28pm
On that run LG would have been smashed by 6 lengths plus with Winx at her peak.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

fwiw I'd say if Winx was in that race she takes the position LG did while LG settles much closer, there was talk before the race about how LG is capable of going forward or back. I think Lane rode her like she was the best horse in the race but if Winx was there he would have rode her differently.

People need to read this properly and take it in before thinking Winx would have been a lay down misere. 

The race would have been far classier with not as much dross for Lys Gracieux to get around. She's have settle closer.

It would simply have been a far superior race.

Whilst I think Winx wins It would have been far and away her hardest race.

reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174175176177>