Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:47am
I'm on the coast at Cronulla and we got some rain but certainly no a deluge. Like most of the storms this year they are isolated and patchy and the amount of rain varies quite a bit over just a few kms.
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

When do they envisage those Euro races happening for Winx? Spell after QE or this week/AU spring Cox Plate campaign ... ?

Hopefully they don't happen at all. Would be great to see her lining up for a 2nd Cox Plate in the spring. I think that is the main aim of the owners too.
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:54am
94 mm overnight Sydney Observatory Hill that is a huge amount.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Fairest One View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairest One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 11:59am
Yeah the rain really seemed to be in patches. I live in Botany not too far from Randwick and it didn't seem too wet this morning.

We have a couple of hot days coming up including a 30 plus day on Wednesday. 
Cmon Apparitions!!!
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:21pm
Heard the track was rated heavy 9.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:22pm
Over 100mm at Randwick last night track is a heavy 9 bordering a heavy 10. Rule a line through her.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Straight Connector Straight Connector wrote:

Heard the track was rated heavy 9.

So at the rate the track dries these days, if there is not one drop more rain before the race and 5 days of 30 degree days and hot westerly winds, the track should be, oh, 8.5 at race time.Wink
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

Over 100mm at Randwick last night track is a heavy 9 bordering a heavy 10. Rule a line through her.

The only surprise is its taken this long for Sydney to do what Sydney does best, and that its dumped on a Sunday and not a Friday.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:29pm
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
24°
17°
Tue.
Sunny
27°
18°
Wed.
Mostly Sunny
32°
18°
Thu.
Mostly Cloudy
22°
17°
Fri.
Scattered Showers
22°
16°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
24°
16°
Sun.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:30pm
$1.50 Winx all in for Saturday. Surely nobody takes that?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:31pm
still raining on and off here at Randwick...couple of hot days expected but Friday the "showers" return...

I put "showers" in inverted commas because in Sydney it means bloody pouring...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

It's bad enough punting on horses at those sort of odds never mind trusting the weatherman who cant tell you what the weather did yesterday.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 12:51pm
She won't be running, plenty of value in the other runners
Fairest One View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairest One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 1:05pm
Long way to go. They don't need to make a decision on the weather untill later in the week. 
Cmon Apparitions!!!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

If you were sure that Criterion was at his best and sure the track is an 8, he's an odds on chance. But I'm not sure of either of those two things.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by SYT SYT wrote:

If you were sure that Criterion was at his best and sure the track is an 8, he's an odds on chance. But I'm not sure of either of those two things.
$15 Criterion - TAB
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 1:41pm

I loved the way the TAB spokesman on Sky Channel said she'd been 'heavily backed' in the moments after her victory and was now $1.50LOL

A bookmaker adjusting a previously suspended market doesn't allow anyone to get on. Talk about poetic licence..
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 2:10pm
Great to read they're in no hurry to retire her Clap

Andrew Bensley 4 hours ago

One thing for sure Winx won't run for the sake of it. Chris Waller thinks Winx could have another 2years of racing if we look after her.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 2:25pm

Winx now rated 128 by Timeform following the Doncaster. Just a pound away from the great mare Sunline at 129.

reductio ad absurdum
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 3:18pm
Andrew Bensley @AndrewBensley

At Randwick 23 mm of rain has fallen last 24hrs. Heavy 9 at the moment. Weather tipped to clear this afternoon. Fine Tues/Wednesday.

@value_punter
pikla View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by VPI VPI wrote:

[URL=https://twitter.com/AndrewBensley]<div ="nbfc " style="overflow: ; word-break: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; display: inline !imant;]<span ="account-inline txt-ellipsis" style="max-width: 100%; vertical-align: bottom; overflow: ; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; -sizing: border-; : relative; display: inline-block;]<b ="fullname -complex-target" style="line-height: 1;]Andrew Bensley <span ="username txt-mute" style="color: rgb136, 153, 166; direction: ltr; font-size: 0.8571rem; unicode-bidi: ; line-height: 1;]@AndrewBensley</span></span>[/URL]<div ="tweet-" style="color: rgb41, 47, 51; font-family: HelveticaNeue, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; widows: auto; : rgb245, 248, 250;"><p ="js-tweet-text tweet-text with-linebreaks " style="margin: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap;">At Randwick 23 mm of rain has fallen last 24hrs. Heavy 9 at the moment. Weather tipped to clear this afternoon. Fine Tues/Wednesday.

23? I heard it was closer to 100mm.

Anyway, I'll give you $1.10 it'll still be H9 on Wednesday #overs
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 5:16pm
Winx has risen to 123 on the official handicapping that means she cops 60 kgs in a group 1 handicap.

Depending on who else is nominated surely we have not seen the last of her in handicaps ?

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 6:07pm
Djebel, I'm sure we have.

I'd love to see her run on Saturday but I respect their decision either way. They have given the public what they want with this mare. There were so many calls that she was overrated and a bias champion before this prep. Those noises have disappeared now because Waller refused to protect her and ran her against the best around all prep, including setting her up for an enormous challenge in the Donnie.

That's what the public wants from champions and that's what they want to declare one as such. She doesn't have anything to prove now and can go for a spell or back up and win the QE - whatever is in her best interests and no one else's.

Would love to see her defend her Cox Plate crown this year. I'll be there as always and that will be something special if I miss her at the QE on Saturday. For what it's worth I'm now thinking she doesn't run.
Sunline...simply supreme
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:13pm
A placing in a true G1 in Europe is 100 times better than a QE2 or a Cox Plate.

Isn't the Cox Plate something like the 35th best race in the world?
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:17pm
Full credit to you LR. You make ridiculous statement after ridiculous statement, yet you continue to knock nearly everything about every good horse despite you being wrong basically 100 percent of the time
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

The QE made the international ranking top 10 the year IADD won I am pretty sure.
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

Better to who?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 7:42pm

Full credit to you LR. You make ridiculous statement after ridiculous statement, yet you continue to knock nearly everything about every good horse despite you being wrong basically 100 percent of the time

Don't expect an early answer Sub.  He's otherwise engaged finding the screenshot to support his TJ Smith statement, ie:

".... I cleaned up on that race and if I need to screenshot to shut people up I'll post it up. I'm already well in front of the carnival thanks to that clean up which was one of my biggest ever wins".  Wink

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 9:19pm
Will be the first to retract if....and even given the failed tri's as listed by our man.

In the meantime the world awaits.

LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2016 at 9:37pm

Did the Cox Plate being the 35th best race in the world offend you? She is better than anything here, so send her overseas and see her try to win against the best of the best instead of the local crop such as Happy Slapper.

What I saying is that she should bypass Melbourne altogether and head to Ascot and compete on the WORLD stage. 

I'll even buy you a one-way ticket if you're nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 177>