Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Winx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 177>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:15pm
I'd have backed Hauraki to beat most of this field. Winx no, which is why I'm keen on her.

But take your point, they are good fillies and I can't just take for granted beating Hauraki translates to beating the best of the girls.

Re her being one dimensional, I can't imagine Moreira giving up barrier 5. Pace is rarely strong in this race. Those who are genuine stayers arent on pace types, so the on pacers won't be in a hurry to string them out, allowing Winx to hold a position better than midfield I thought.

Sunline...simply supreme
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:31pm
Candelara looks a genuine plodder, shes no hope unless she runs it out solidly.
shadow role View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow role Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Candelara looks a genuine plodder, shes no hope unless she runs it out solidly.

turned on an impressive sprint to go to the lead and gap the field for a ...plodder!
'you are...what you think ..you are'
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:40pm
Thats my point, I'm not saying she isn't an alright horse, but what won her the race was the fact she made an early move and sustained an extremely long sprint from before the turn, I doubt her top speed is anything near Winx's, so it's too her advantage to roll them along from a fair way out.
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

I'd have backed Hauraki to beat most of this field. Winx no, which is why I'm keen on her.

But take your point, they are good fillies and I can't just take for granted beating Hauraki translates to beating the best of the girls.
Yeah, pretty even, I think I rated the Vinery 1/2 length better than the Rosehill Guineas.

@value_punter
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 9:45pm
Disappointing, I thought Fenway was a pretty good thing. Should keep my hand in my pocket but Thunder Lady now for me.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 10:21pm
Gust of Wind is still interesting. Was given a barrier trial monday - held right back and then finallY given a nudge to see what she could do. Will def stay the trip. Really like this race. A hard one to pick with a few decent types.

Oops just realized this is in the Winx thread. Winx won't place.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 7:13pm
Will be winning the Oaks tomorrow.
Sunline...simply supreme
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 7:32pm

I think she is a miler and am not alone, if she wins tomorrow it is on class only.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 7:47pm
I think she is a 1600m-2000m horse. Doesn't mean she won't be winning tomorrow. She's no price but will be winning.

She has shed loads of class on this field. Ballet Suite can run a race but Winx is a very, very good filly. She has had two goes against the boys and towelled them both times. Back to fillies she will get the distance well enough to win. Beaten by a very good stayer and a poor ride in the ATC Oaks.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

I think she is a miler and am not alone, if she wins tomorrow it is on class only.

So you doubt she wins, but you also think it is a low quality race? She ran 2nd after going an extra 200m in the ATC Oaks, so either you think she is suddenly worse at staying 2200 then she is at staying 2400, or you think the race will be about even or better then the ATC Oaks. I honestly don't really get what you're saying.
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2015 at 11:58pm
I thought the top 2 in ATC Oaks were above avg performances.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 12:15am

Originally posted by Group 1 Selections Group 1 Selections wrote:

So you doubt she wins, but you also think it is a low quality race? She ran 2nd after going an extra 200m in the ATC Oaks, so either you think she is suddenly worse at staying 2200 then she is at staying 2400, or you think the race will be about even or better then the ATC Oaks. I honestly don't really get what you're saying.

I think the race is very average, I don't think Winx is going as well as she was before the oaks, I think the bottom half of the rated field are mid weekers. Understand? Winx is about 2L below her best yet can still win.
gogos View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 12:19am
How is she not going well? Her ls sectionals were enormous
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:00pm
Sensational win!!!!!
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:01pm
Outstanding filly. Most underrated horse in Australia.

Waller has her going even better after an ATC Oaks prep. Genius.

Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:01pm
I think Winx is going better then ever and I think she definitely stays the 2200.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:03pm

I think Winx is going better then ever and I think she definitely stays the 2200.

She did rate a 1.90 Chance in the race, I just didn't think she would run it out.
Platinum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 6:11pm
Wow looking at the thread on race nearly everyone layed her and went for a bolter confidently thats still running. Im not a fav backer in general but was susprised here
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 8:51pm
OMG
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 9:41pm
Hugh Bowman making it look easy on Winx
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:37pm
Still not convinced. Its a QLD G1 for Pete's sake. Let's see how she fares in Melbourne.

Anyone prepared to back her for the Myer now?
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 10:41pm
She has beaten Earthquake, been knocked off by First Seal, beaten Hauraki, 2nd in the AJC Oaks.

She is G1 quality
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

She has beaten Earthquake, been knocked off by First Seal, beaten Hauraki, 2nd in the AJC Oaks.

She is G1 quality

By G1 do you mean in girls grade or open WFA?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:19pm
Giels in white dresses with blue satin sashes.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:22pm
3YO G1

Very different when having to race the imports at 4YO+
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:44pm
I have no doubt she can win A Myer classic.
reductio ad absurdum
MacDougall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacDougall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2015 at 11:59pm
Might be a surprising amount of improvement in her to come. Wouldn't write her off for better races yet.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:00am
How strong will the Cox Plate be this year?
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2015 at 12:08am
She's Arc bound.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 177>