Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Vic Weather

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 12:05pm
Not designed to float? I'm quite sure many drivers don't consider this fact or even the possibility LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:59am
I hope none of our members have been affected but sincere condolences to any & all who have Broken Heart

Kylie Stephenson
7 mins ยท

Condolences go out to everyone who lost stock in that freak storm that hit Victoria yesterday
Heard many people lost quality racehorses, young stock, broodmares and foals ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2019 at 1:50pm
Rather a shock to the system LOL

Feels Like
5.3ยฐC
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 9:39pm

Wild weather across Victoria with flash flood warnings for areas including central Victoria, Gippsland and Wimmera

Posted , updated 

Victorians are being told to brace for wild weather, with a warning for intense rainfall, large hailstones and damaging winds across most of the state.

Key points:

• There have been reports of flash flooding in Ballarat
  • An SES spokesperson said they had received 182 calls for assistance in the past few hours in Ballarat and its surroundings
  • The SES urged more than 30,000 campers around the Mornington Peninsula to be cautious and prepared for strong storms

The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a warning for severe thunderstorms that may produce flash flooding over the next several hours in central Victoria, Gippsland and Wimmera districts.

Storm in Creswick, western region Victoria. Power out, some tree branches off & back gate off its hinge but otherwise ok. I suspect far more damage in town & region though... #HepburnShire pic.twitter.com/xdxYP5ulQJ

— Elizabeth Boulton, PhD (@lizb_2010) January 5, 2022

Locations which may be affected include Seymour, Maryborough, Kyneton, Ballarat, Geelong and Bacchus Marsh, Shepparton, Seymour, Wodonga, Wangaratta, Bright and Falls Creek.

There have been reports of flooding in Ballarat, with a flash flood alert being issued for Creswick and surrounding areas as well as Miners Rest, Wendouree, Invermay and Ballarat North. 

A Watch and Act warning has been issued for the area, urging people to stay indoors.

There have also been reports of flash floods in Melbourne's outer west.

Ballarat's had 36.2mm since 9am thanks to that crazy storm. Still going with the radar showing most of the lightning is now east of Ballarat! How much rain have you had if you're from the area? #Ballarat #weather #WeatherUpdate #storm #rain #lightning pic.twitter.com/wmZhU4Lo31

— Victorian Storm Chasers (@VicStormChasers) January 5, 2022

An SES spokesperson said they had received 182 calls for assistance in the past few hours in Ballarat and its surroundings. 

"We have had a significant weather event happen in Ballarat," she said.

"We have had a number of call-outs for floods though the area."

The spokesperson said most of the requests were for floods, trees down and building damage.

She urged people not to drive through floodwaters.

"It is the most dangerous [thing to do]. The best idea is to pull over and stay in higher grounds."

She said given the severe thunderstorm warning, the SES was expecting a lot more calls for help through the evening.

Another vid from Mair St, Ballarat. #vicweather pic.twitter.com/s9BBbCbNVz

— Paul Nolan (@pwnolan) January 5, 2022

A Bureau of Meteorology spokesperson said Wilson Reservoir and the Devils Creek on Moorabool Reservoir, both towards the east of Ballarat, had received 94 millimetres and 83mm of rainfall since 9am on Wednesday morning.

The SES has also urged more than 30,000 campers around the Mornington Peninsula to be cautious and prepared for strong storms.

I've just tipped 88mls from a 2hr torrential storm! We were getting a bit dry but that's overkill LOL

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 11:07am
I'll post photos once I have them d/loaded etc. & helped OH prepare for the next onslaught Angry

Thunderstorm charts are the main thing you need to know about today, we will again see another day of massive storms that are likely to be even bigger than yesterdays.

The BOMs description talks about supercells and destructive winds, so large areas of both NSW and Victoria may see a lot of damage with these storms that develop.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 2:06pm
I saw the pictures from Michelle Payne's and also her Dad's place on her Instagram.
Looked very intense!!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 2:18pm
We've had bugger-all rain in Bendigo thus far.  There's front N-E of us but don't know that'll end in much rain here, though we could well do with 25mls or so.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 6:52pm
We're across the road from Michelle's Dad tho' their side had 2mths worth of major drain work done after the last one in Jan 2010.
God only knows why I pay the rates when the Shire allow such dreadful engineering! 80% of the water literally gushes staright across the road Angry
Did you end up with any SC? We escaped today with only 2ml.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
Gay we've all of 1ml over the last 60 hours.  Below is the Bendigo forecast but would be surprised if we get anything of note.

Humid. Partly cloudy. Medium chance of showers, becoming less likely late this afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm, with possible heavy falls.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 3:26pm
Humid, storm, humid, storm, humid, storm, humid. F*CK OFF!
Time is a flat circle
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 5:03pm
Holy Dooley Gay.  Has the other half got web feet yet ??
How did that uphill work gallops at the track hold up ?  I hope it didnt all wsh away  ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 5:19pm
Gay's other half apparently had to don his long wellies when putting out the washing.  Shocked
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 5:40pm
You give him too much credit SC.................wellies? They didn't occur to him 'till after the 2nd clothes change & wet weather gear? Forget it LOL Still little rain?

acacia, Censored the hill track, it was & is the least of my concerns LOL All that water came off the driveway si I imagine it drained off the track.
Wendy did say y/day on FB, referring to the circle tracks:
  Gay had 88mm and the racecourse had 104mm. The new A sand track is Mckissed, it's back to the gravel drainage in a lot of places. If we didn't have the Poly Track, we would've been stuffed for work this morning...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 6:38pm
And the Bureau has suddenly done a U-Turn, and instead of rain and a possible storm tonight and tomorrow it now says there'll be little or nothing over the next week in Central Victoria.  Well f-me I could've told them that about 12-24 hours ago.  Angry  Ermm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789