Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Unencumbered

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shutthegate01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unencumbered
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 11:48am
"Three Bridges Thoroughbreds winner Unencumbered (Testa Rossa) has has announced that this been retired from racing and will join season’s Magic Millions Stryker (Fastnet Rock), whose 2014 fee 2YO Classic (RL, 1200m) is $11,000 (inc GST), on their roster new for 2014

Unencumbered was a $70,000 Magic Millions Gold Coast Yearling Sale purchase by his trainer Bjorn Baker from the draft of his breeders Newhaven park Stud. He is out of the two-year-old stakes winner Blizzardly (More Than Ready) and his third dam is the two-year-old stakes winner Sober Dancer (Noalcoholic)."

Your thoughts? My first thought before they announced the service fee was sub $10k, interesting to see how many he gets.
willow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:31pm
Putting a 3YO to stud????

Does anyone know of this happening before?  and successfully?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by willow willow wrote:

Holy Roman Emperor is modern one.
reductio ad absurdum
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:58pm

Real Saga went to stud as a 3yo.
Bushy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bushy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 8:53pm
he was a slow racehorse and don't like him at all
shutthegate01 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shutthegate01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:31pm
the more I look into him, the more I think that is a ridiculous service fee, unproven, slow horse (beat nothing in the MM, and paying on spec that he "would have" made it in subsequent years
IMO
Fremz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fremz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 11:02pm
Ridiculous service fee... I thought the horse should have been spelled after the Millions and brought back as a 3yo, I think he had more ability then his late 2yo form showed, they pushed him too far.

He will suit Danehill line mares but I doubt they will get big numbers with that fee
for those about to punt, we salute you...
shutthegate01 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shutthegate01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 11:10pm
looks that way, too far too early
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 11:23pm

Fighting Sun this year.
Sunline...simply supreme
Buckpasser View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buckpasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2014 at 4:54pm
Crown Jester
Ash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Bushy Bushy wrote:

he was a slow racehorse and don't like him at all

Very slow. Magic Millions 2 yo winners usually are! Give me a hundred horses as slow as this bloke please.

That the bite you were after?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 5:35pm
1/2: Gutted to hear of Unencumbered's passing this morning. He was a wonderful horse who holds a special place in my heart - not just because of his feats on the racetrack and the breeding barn, and his partnership with my mate Nathan Berry (cont...)
2/2 but also because he was such a gorgeous specimen loved by his owners, a firm favourite with the staff and such a laid-back dude. Condolences to the team at Three Bridges, and all who had close links with him. We'll all miss him. 💙

bph2510 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bph2510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 12:06am
Unencumbered progeny leading 3yo second season sires
Not only leading but smashing them.
This from his poorest group of mates
Few may have got it wrong here

Oh and he won the first 2yo race up in wild in the weekend who is a fav for magic millions

I feel these horses will win plenty over the next 4 seasons

Look for Mirette to win guineas or oaks
Horse owner, breeder, punter.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 11:33am
He's leading by winners.. not prizemoney which is far less important.

He's yet to have a stakes winner, calm down mate. 

Not going bad, but it's not like if he were still around he'd be getting service fee increases on what he's done.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 11:58am
It's hard to get stakes winners if the class of the mares is low.  Look how even a stallion like I am Invincible has improved each season although they got plenty of the pedigrees right with lesser mares in the early seasons the Group status is only improving each year.  I was just dirty as I picked both Unencumbered and Fighting Sun out of the sales and they were off to stud before they really were proven.  Didn't have the best of luck with the Testa's I've picked this being the best.  The dam was bred to be a good broodmare I thought so worth a look.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 12:04pm
Spirit of Boom is going very average right now, but he had really bad mares and got 5 in his first season. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 12:55pm
Not the G1's Speediskey.  He will get better again as the class this season will have gone up big time.  I like broodmares inbred to a superior broodmare.  Doesn't always work - what does - but I find one I keep an eye out for her progeny.  Anadan is another inbred to Gay Missile from the Tristram Lady line.  I would love to see her go to Real Impact!

bph2510 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bph2510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2018 at 2:22pm
Not really.
Winners of a good sign. Hasn’t got a stakes winner on bird but the quality of mares that went to Zoustar compared to Unencumbered understandable.
I’m sure if there books were flipped around Unencumbered would have the stakes winners on the board.
I think we are about to see a couple anyway.
bph2510 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bph2510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 8:24am
Courseshewill first confirmed start for magic millions classic
2 from 2 doing plenty wrong still. Looks very promising

Mirette also confirmed starter for 1000 guineas

Nice to see them in some big races.

21 wins from last 43 starts.
Have to admit it’s pretty impressive
bph2510 View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bph2510 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:22pm
Leading second season sire by winners
Second in prize money

Leading 2 yo sire
By winners and prize money

All off ordinary mares

If you have a promising colt out there
Hold him tight
Unencumbereds are a limited edition
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 4:32pm
Tamworth R1

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 8:12pm
Dead-set flying
 Post Reply Post Reply