Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chris Waller - "Watt The ####?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chris Waller - "Watt The ####?"
    Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:20am
PREMIER trainer Chris Waller was “furious’’ when he discovered a website had been set up in his name — and without his knowledge — by leading syndicator Dean Watt.
The astonishing news emerged yesterday as Watt fronted a stewards inquiry to explain why he had established another website for Triple Crown Syndications, a direct competitor which was also caught by surprise.
Triple Crown’s website carried a link which redirected traffic to Watt’s own company, Dynamic Syndications. The site has since been shut down.
It was also revealed during the three-hour hearing that Watt had registered domain names for trainers, jockeys, auction houses and rival syndicators, a legal act known as “cybersquatting’’.
Chief steward Ray Murrihy adjourned the matter to decide if he accepted Watt’s explanation for the Triple Crown saga, or would charge him.
Watt, one of the most recognisable and successful syndicators in Australia, claimed he had done nothing illegal, and was protecting his intellectual property.
He said Triple Crown’s website was not dedicated to his competitor, but a reference to the racing term ‘Triple Crown’, a series he wanted his syndicated horses to target.
During the hearing Murrihy revealed Waller — like Triple Crown — wasn’t impressed when he discovered a website in his stable’s name.
The site carried photos of Waller, and invited punters to race horses with the Rosehill horseman.

Chief steward Ray Murrihy has revealed trainer Chris Waller wasn’t impressed when he discovered a website in his stable’s name last year. Source: News Limited
Waller and Watt have quickly moved on from the matter, and continue to race horses together. They’ll saddle up Perplexity at Warwick Farm this afternoon.
Last September, however, Waller said in an email to Watt, which was read out by Murrihy yesterday: “I’m furious you have used a website to impersonate me and my stable ... I haven’t yet engaged legal help on this situation, however, if you take don’t take it down, I will be forced to start down that path.’’
Murrihy said there was a link on the website, which invited would-be buyers to send an email to inquire about a horse. A Waller employee sent an email from a “hoax account’’, only to receive a reply from Watt’s son, Adam Watt.
Adam Watt, who was also at the inquiry, pointed out he was only advertising horses available with Waller.
“It was a goodwill gesture created to benefit both of us,’’ Dean Watt said, before he added he should have got the green light from Waller in the first place.
Watt then asked Murrihy why he had dredged up the issue when he kept quiet six months ago.
“Because it might show a pattern,’’ Murrihy said.
Triple Crown, who had their first Group 1 winner in Peggy Jean this month — the filly is favourite for tomorrow’s Group 1 Champagne Stakes — were represented at the inquiry by co-director Mike Ward, who said he stumbled across the Triple Crown website in February.
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 5:42am
I really would like to do business with people like that. They must really respect other people's rights.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 9:15am
Lost friends and respect of everyone in the industry.........won that!!
bobsghost View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobsghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:45am
mega muppet
OrangeMonkey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:25am
Mr I won it . What $.ck..& muppett. Peapole buy horses off this guy???
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Lost friends and respect of everyone in the industry.........won that!!

I doubt he had any of those to begin with! People must go there because he advertises the most... sadly it might mean that extremely loud and annoying advertising works on the human psyche Ouch

What about his excuse that he is talking about the 2yo triple crown... truly if they don't charge him they're kidding! What would possess him to have websites in jockeys', trainers' and auction houses' names??? 

Must have reached some settlement with Waller... who doesn't mind using less than standard methods of getting horses himself. 
to the victor
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:49pm
whatever happened to being ethical? If its legal then its open slather
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 1:51pm
You missed a couple of hashes in your title Paz.
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:20pm
I can't believe Dean Watt is so obtuse that he thought this would be a good idea LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 2:49pm
Beleave it or not? Racing still does have its own way of dealing with parasites like this guy. I just don't know how the racing industrie let him get so susseful. How it didn't see through the fake personality. Advertising it's an amazing thing. We are talking about some very intelligent peaple that buy shares in horses. But cannot see trough this guy. By the way I'm not one of them. . ( intelligent) haha
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:25pm
watt charges waller $8 per day for each dynamic horse!

Nice guy Chris wont pass on the fee to clients.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:02pm
Gee gee what do you mean by that ?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 10:37pm
I assume that it means that Watt has an arrangement with trainers, where they pay him $8 per day if he gives them a horse to train.

Since Watt doesn't own the horse, I assume that he gives that money straight back to the owners ... yes?Stern Smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:03pm
How many horses are vwe. Talking about?
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:05pm
You'd have to think Waller would train about 10-15 for them?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:09pm
Profit $80 per day? Not sheep stations. ?
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:12pm
Stable recently told me. Watt sends trainers an invoive $240 per month. Basically for selecting and bringing the horse and owners to the stable.

Watt also sends owners $720pa management fee.

Races in is silks, keeps trophies, sashes and rugs if they win.

#ripoff
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:15pm
Just keeps getting nicer this mr won it. Is he still going to be in bussiness when it all comes to light of day??
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

Stable recently told me. Watt sends trainers an invoive $240 per month. Basically for selecting and bringing the horse and owners to the stable.

Watt also sends owners $720pa management fee.

Races in is silks, keeps trophies, sashes and rugs if they win.

#ripoff

Don't forget the percentage of prizemoney they keep if it wins a race over a certain value Wink 
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:23pm
Has Big Dean got a Group class horse? Or just provincial horses?

Star are now entrenched in Wallers stable and will soon take over.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:26pm
Do they ever publish all this stuff in their prospectuses??? Hi, I'm Dean, I will keep all the good stuff and charge you more prizemoney % if you win a good prizemoney race.... This must be in tiny print somewhere.. or? How much are we talking here?
to the victor
MichaelM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Do they ever publish all this stuff in their prospectuses??? Hi, I'm Dean, I will keep all the good stuff and charge you more prizemoney % if you win a good prizemoney race.... This must be in tiny print somewhere.. or? How much are we talking here?

Last time I saw a PDS was a couple of years ago, however I believe it was about 2%, and I can't remember the value of the race which had to be won for that to apply.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:29pm
He would have to have his finger in this forum wouldn't he??
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:33pm
They are all the same ... hey, anyone seen the twitter pic on Gai's website ... the RtR connections posing for a photo as they "celebrate" the win of  Order of the Sun ... owned by Eliza Park (who clearly don't know how to celebrate) Confused

The RTR team celebrating Order of the Sun's dominant win in the VRC St Leger @FlemingtonVRC @roundtableracng pic.twitter.com/WvuxTTOsUm

View image on Twitter

Here's a motto the syndication "industry" might consider adopting ...

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive" ... with thanks to Bill S.Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by OrangeMonkey OrangeMonkey wrote:

he has probably already registered a thoroughbred village website somewhere... people like him probably should stay away from finding out what people really think of them!
to the victor
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

They are all the same ... hey, anyone seen the twitter pic on Gai's website ... the RtR connections posing for a photo as they "celebrate" the win of  Order of the Sun ... owned by Eliza Park (who clearly don't know how to celebrate) Confused

Yes... the RTR girl cannot stop with the photos... but this is how the people who have achieved little roll!! There's not a winning photo for Role Model or Tres Blue so they have to pretend to be successful to get the suckers in. But that is typical for the stable minions and associated bloodstock agents.
to the victor
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 12:06am
Gee, I never knew how loosely one could interpret "celebrate".

None of this stuff surprises me about Watt and Dynamic. Except maybe that he charges trainers. Hilarious.
Sunline...simply supreme
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

Originally posted by OrangeMonkey OrangeMonkey wrote:

he has probably already registered a thoroughbred village website somewhere... people like him probably should stay away from finding out what people really think of them!

You are right here. He deleted his twitter account once this charge came about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 11:08am
These are the leeches I talk about. How did he get so big. Was so see through ?
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 12:48pm
Eights starters in the last at Rosehill...

Is that a record for one race by a trainer?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>