Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bounding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bounding
    Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:15pm
I really like this filly in the Royal Sovereign tomorrow. She's a star filly and is racing against some below the best and up and core types. While she has done it and is in well at the SW+P if you ask me.

Star filly with the pedigree to show up and win a nice race in a Sydney autumn carnival.

Chautauqua from Sidestep the hardest to beat.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:21pm
First 3yo in more than 30 years to win the Railway in NZ.
Sunline...simply supreme
Simo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:25pm
Agree Sunline, reckon she is going to be very hard to beat tomorrow! Think she is a great price and well in at the weights.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

First 3yo in more than 30 years to win the Railway in NZ.

Class act. It was a weak Railway though.
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:39pm
Have done her videos, likely to be on speed while some out the back. Had a few shillings on.
@value_punter
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 3:40pm
I took the 7's early have her in quite a few multis/ trebles/ doubles with Lucia Valentina, Rising Romance, IADD, Vdc and the offer
Racing Carrot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racing Carrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 4:20pm
Looks well placed and has been set for this for a while.  If she runs to her NZ form will be very hard to beat.
racinglover View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote racinglover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 5:40pm
Hard to beat I think, Dothraki looks the value though.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:10pm
Got her in most of my multis at $6.50/$2.20 (thanks again Group 1 Thumbs Up) ... only defeats are at a mile in Guineas, and as a 2 yo behind Ruud Awakening who was touted as a Slipper winner and Recite who is in the QOT - this will give a good line on her chances too. Beat Natuzzi 3.5 L winning the Railway, and I'll also back up on him at Caulfield after his easy win on debut in Oz. This should be well within her capabilities. 

Snowden's pair look hardest to beat, and throwing Never Can Tell in exotics @ $51 - good 1st up 3rd to Platelet at MV, then straight back to Sydney for this. Was competitive against the better ones as a 2 yo., Purton draws 1.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:17pm
Should have won the Guineas. Bad ride.
Sunline...simply supreme
Bright Day View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:17pm
Sidestep is a good horse will need to be very good to beat it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:38pm
Hoping he blows again this week. $4 last time was unexpected but that was a much easier race so should be $5+ here if they take another set against him.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 6:42pm
$4 last time for Sidestep was backable for me and he was my best of the day and I bet accordingly. This clearly a harder race and Bound For Earth, who he struggled to beat, has since failed in the PJ Bell.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:18pm
Boundings times are better than Sidestep but he has drawn the car park.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:28pm
NZ times - wouldn't be placing too much faith in that Bright Day. The Ruud Awakening formline mentioned earlier is horrible in this country but Bounding's a better prospect imo.

BFE struggled but both Nthn Glory and Cosmic Endeavour came out of the same race and have run well. Snowden is thinking All Aged with this bloke so that's a pointer to how they rate him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:32pm
Bounding - the money has come and I reckon he will start favourite.

A lot of my NZ mates reckon Bounding will be a throw back to the days where NZ horses came here and smashed Aussie fields by 5 lengths.

They reckon he is good enough to be an All Black.

Time will tell.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:33pm
Your mates know he's a she do they?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:34pm
Not worried about NZ times, but she's coming from G1 & G2 class, he won well enough, but in Listed grade last time, and it won't be as wet tomorrow. He is in the top 2 or 3 no doubt.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Your mates know he's a she do they?

Their mum's were all junior All Blacks!LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 7:51pm
The point is the Kiwis have a confidence about them with this one not seen since Phar Lap came over.

It beat Natuzzi by a few length and we saw how it took care of older horses in Melbourne last week.

Basically all Bounding has to do is beat Sidestep.

Randwick will have two lanes tomorrow.

One on the rails where Sidestep will be; and one outside where Bounding will be.

It might just be a matter of how the track plays.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Bright Day Bright Day wrote:

Bounding - the money has come and I reckon he will start favourite.

A lot of my NZ mates reckon Bounding will be a throw back to the days where NZ horses came here and smashed Aussie fields by 5 lengths.

They reckon he is good enough to be an All Black.

Time will tell.

I don't remember those days in 1200m races. It's a very rare event for NZ sprinters or 2yos to do anything noteworthy. Sunline- Our Maizcay ... memory fail.Unhappy

It is a very winnable race though. None of her opponents are overly fond of winning.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 11:27pm
Tommorrow is an interesting day; Bounding hasn'r won any old race in NZ. It has won the Railway. NZ's No 1 race. If Bounding doesn't win tommorrow, the whole credibility of NZ racing will come under question.

Tommorrow Bounding is not only racing for itself but for its whole countrys racing credibility.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 12:14am
Not really mate. It's just a horse in a race.
Group 1 Selections View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Group 1 Selections Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 12:22am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Not really mate. It's just a horse in a race.

haha loved this ClapLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Racing Carrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I don't remember those days in 1200m races. It's a very rare event for NZ sprinters or 2yos to do anything noteworthy. Sunline- Our Maizcay ... memory fail.Unhappy

It is a very winnable race though. None of her opponents are overly fond of winning.
That is mostly correct, NZ sprinters and 2yos do tend to have a much rougher time for obvious reasons.  Interesting to note two of the most successful were Mr Tiz and Our Maizcay-both Aussie breds like Bounding.

A few Railway winners have at least performed ok in Aussie though, 1989 dead heaters Westminster/Mr Tiz as earlier examples but sticking to a more recent era, since 1998-

1998 Coogee Walk-notably beat Rebel (two starts later Gr 1 placed in Futurity and later in career in a Mackinnon) and Paint in this.  Ran 3rd in the Galaxy later that season.

1999-Bawalaksana won on protest over Dantelah before also winning Telegraph.  Ran 8th of 22 in Newmarket that year but was drawn down the wrong side and actually a decent effort.

2001-Fritz, had previously won Telegraph.  Followed Railway win with well beaten 2nd to Sunline in Waikato Sprint, then won BTC Cup (Group 2 at the time) and 5th in 10000 behind Falvelon.

2003-Egyptian Raine-won G2 Sangster at first Aussie start, later placed in a heap of G1 sprints without quite getting her nose in front.

2005/2006/2007 Gee I Jane ran 2nd three years in a row in close finishes.  Won the 2006 BTC when it had been upgraded to G1.  Also 2nd in Stradbroke.

Haven't been many top grade NZ winners in recent years, though three Aussie sprinters in Recurring, Atomic Force and Gold Trail won it and had some G1/G2 wins/placings in Aussie away from the big guns.

Bounding certainly rates more like some of the names mentioned than some of the recent NZ Railway winners.  She is one of the rare star 3yos to line up in the G1 sprints as the timing of the race often doesn't lend itself to that. 

Hard to rate different distance ranges but I think it's a fair assessment to say she is the best 3yo filly in NZ this season and the best overall 3yo is between her and El Roca-they haven't met.

She has got through wet ground but personally would still be more confident on better ground as she has a sharp sprint.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 1:18am
There's a mare and two entires in the big one and one or three in the Oaks who've already helped restore Kiwi racing cred I would have thought. Must have missed them when looking through the All Black noms?
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 10:46am
Have been waiting for this day and this race for awhile. On Bounding @$26s so fingers crossed she gets the biscuits!!!
The Mugg
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Racing Carrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

Have been waiting for this day and this race for awhile. On Bounding @$26s so fingers crossed she gets the biscuits!!!
You did well there. 

I think when I first checked odds for this day 2 months ago I thought she was the best NZ chance but $15 was about the best I could find and didn't take it.  Even the $7 a few days ago seems good in hindsight.

Hopefully she gets across without much work and can sit then sprint-very hard to run down if they don't go hard.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bright Day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 12:09pm
Bounding will go forward so hopefully outside barrier isn't a concern.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

Ouch! Ouch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>