Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bounding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 3:31pm
6 G1 winners: Bounding, Pierro, Beaded, Benfica, Denman, Mental.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:14pm
Gosh, I'll take Lonhro if no one else wants him . . . Where do I send the transport truck?

Re. Bounding - liked her previously; love her with Snowdens.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by brave_ponies brave_ponies wrote:

Gosh, I'll take Lonhro if no one else wants him . . . Where do I send the transport truck?

Supply 1500+ quality mares  + $50 million in fees and we guarantee at least 3 G1 wins.Wink
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Supply 1500+ quality mares  + $50 million in fees and we guarantee at least 3 G1 wins.Wink

Well.. 10 as we have established but anyway.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Where do you get 10 from? Are you counting Tasmanian and NZ G1s? I don't count them.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:45pm

Where do you get 10 from? Are you counting Tasmanian and NZ G1s? I don't count them.

You are a twat, dont count NZ Group 1's? Why because the form doesn't hold up? Gee thay Sunline, Bonecrusher, Secret Admirer and Ocean Park were ordinary horses that couldn't win Australian Group 1's
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

You are a twat, dont count NZ Group 1's? Why because the form doesn't hold up? Gee thay Sunline, Bonecrusher, Secret Admirer and Ocean Park were ordinary horses that couldn't win Australian Group 1's

I don't count or rate Tasmanian or NZ G1s for the more successful sires, the ones I compare Lonhro to, either.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Honestly Gai, as one of the saner respondents I am getting here, do you not think that is a disappointing return on investment? Benfica, Denman, Beaded and Mental are all one time G1 winners are they not?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:47pm
Love this mare. I'm seriously annoyed I didn't back her first up. Won't be making the same mistake, particularly while still early in the prep. She was wound up first up so the run will come to an end eventually.
Sunline...simply supreme
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 9:49pm
$4.20 Catkins - get on! Ridiculous odds.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:02pm

Honestly Gai, as one of the saner respondents I am getting here, do you not think that is a disappointing return on investment? Benfica, Denman, Beaded and Mental are all one time G1 winners are they not?

Ok so if we ignore his one time G1 winners and his NZ G1 winners he becomes a G2 sire. Think I've got it now.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

Ok so if we ignore his one time G1 winners and his NZ G1 winners he becomes a G2 sire. Think I've got it now.

And also Pierro because he was a champion, so ignore an anomaly.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 4:45am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Yes, I was ready to liberate the SMSF cash account on Bounding (I'm sure that the accountant and planner would see it as a "balanced" strategy), until I saw the grey mare in the field ... 

overall record between them is impressive;

49 starts, 23-15-4 ... 42 times on the podium!

Catkins may be the way, 1st up 7:6-1-0 whereas Bounding actually looks "vulnerable" 2nd up 4:2-1-0

Love them both, was with Bounding first up, and believe she has the upside.  

Might cash in the share portfolio and put it on the Quinella though!Thumbs Up

Seriously though, if Bounding all up Rich Enuff, let it ride into Exosphere lands, that will shut up the Lonhro haters!!! Tongue
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 7:51am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Yes, I was ready to liberate the SMSF cash account on Bounding (I'm sure that the accountant and planner would see it as a "balanced" strategy), until I saw the grey mare in the field ... 

overall record between them is impressive;

49 starts, 23-15-4 ... 42 times on the podium!

Catkins may be the way, 1st up 7:6-1-0 whereas Bounding actually looks "vulnerable" 2nd up 4:2-1-0

Love them both, was with Bounding first up, and believe she has the upside.  

Might cash in the share portfolio and put it on the Quinella though!Thumbs Up

Seriously though, if Bounding all up Rich Enuff, let it ride into Exosphere lands, that will shut up the Lonhro haters!!! Tongue

Bounding going to be very tough to beat and can run a sectional. However, anything under $2.50 is not value IMO. Should be the same price as Catkins.

Catkins most recent 1st up efforts
- beating Steps In Time in a G2 sitting on the pace running a 34.29 last 600m sectional
- beating My Sabeel in a G3 just behind the leaders running a 35.45 last 600m sectional (time not that convincing)
- beating Liliburlero in a G3 just behind the leaders running a 34.25 last 600m sectional 
She does love the track winning 8 from 14 and won this race last year. Bounding also has to give her weight.

Over 1100m I would be on Bounding, but over 1200m expect that they run their last 600m within 1 -2 lengths of each other. $4.20 vs $1.90. Expect late money for Catkins and assume she starts at $3.50
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 8:54am
I have Bounding $1.75 chance... usually in Catkins corner first up but seeing is believing, she was sensational at Caulfield, with further improvement and back against the girls she should be winning.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 9:16am
Bounding too good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 5:52pm
"the favourite Bounding fizzed up in the enclosure like a cheap bottle of bubbly. You wouldn't have backed her with counterfeit."

Max Presnell SMH

Is she in the habit of doing that?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 9:19pm
The form is not looking too good ... beat Rich Enuff who has failed twice since, beaten by Catkins* and Echo Gal (I don't rate) with Slightly Sweet* along side ... those 2* couldn't keep up last start, 5th and 7th ... time to Get Off???  
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 6:04pm
I wonder why ?

Bounding Off To The Paddock

Classy mare Bounding will not race again this spring.

Group winning mare Bounding will not race again this spring.
Group winning mare Bounding will not race again this spring. Photo by Racing and Sports

Trainers Peter and Paul Snowden had considered setting the mare for the Group 1 Manikato Stakes in Melbourne but have decided to abort her spring campaign and send her to the spelling paddock.

A Group 1 winner in her native New Zealand, Bounding 

image: http://www.racingandsports.com.au/images/horseNameArrow.jpg

Horseform romped to a four-length win in the Group 3 The Heath at Caulfield at her first run for the Snowden camp.

She was then a hot favourite in the Group 3 Sheraco Stakes at Rosehill but was a disappointing third to Catkins.

Bounding will be set for feature sprint races in the early autumn.

image: http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racing/images/smrslogo.jpg

Racing And Sports

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 6:33pm
Strange. Snowden says they are going to only race her fresh but does it need to be that fresh? Must be more to it.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2015 at 8:51pm
I wonder what happened to her that they have aborted her prep. She was sensational first up, then sweated up a bit before her Sydney race and was ordinary. For them to have sent her out makes me think there was something else wrong with her.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 3:42pm
Sold at the broodmare sales for $1.9 million
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 3:44pm
Who bought her and who do they send her to ?

She was a talented mare but she seemed to have some soundness issues ?
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 3:46pm
Stonestreet Thoroughbreds USA (think they had Miracles of Life)
fisherman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fisherman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 3:55pm
That's a nice chunk of change....
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 6:50pm
  • May’s Dream - $720,0000 (Willcox Bloodstock NSW)
  • Peace Force - $520,000 (Vinery Stud NSW)
  • Precious Gem - $825,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
  • Real Surreal - $800,000 (Bruce Perry Bloodstock NZ)
  • Angels Beach - $310,000 (Boomer Bloodstock P/L QLD)
  • Bring Me The Maid - $900,000 (Dean Hawthorne Bloodstock NZ)
  • Cradle Me - $300,000 (Aquis Farm)
  • Dublin Lass - $460,000 (Edinburgh Park Stud NSW)
  • Estonian Princess - $520,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
  • Igraine - $370,000 (Dermot Farrington Bloodstock UK)
  • Imperial Lass - $650,000 (Belmont Bloodstock Agency VIC)
  • Pasadena Girl - $500,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
  • Serena Miss - $700,000 (Belmont Bloodstock Agency VIC)
  • Atlantis Dream - $360,000 (China Horse Club Singapore)
    djebel View Drop Down
    Premium
    Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 6:58pm
    Chine Horse Club ( Singapore Shocked ) They are becoming tooo f**king big.

I hope they are not all about ( ultimately ) getting infrastructure ( horses ) for China or Singapore. 
    reductio ad absurdum
    Lexawin View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 7:50pm
    Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I hope they are not all about ( ultimately ) getting infrastructure ( horses ) for China or Singapore. 
    So what if they are... they are supporting the industry with money... can't have it all ways.Wink
    djebel View Drop Down
    Premium
    Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 7:52pm
    Except we potentially will end up like New Zealand where they are basically a breeding industry for Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong and their own racing is so poor.

reductio ad absurdum
    Sunline View Drop Down
    Champion
    Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 9:45pm
    Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

So what if they are... they are supporting the industry with money... can't have it all ways.Wink

Spoken like a breeder.
    Sunline...simply supreme
     Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>