Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 12:56am
Rupert needs to get his arse home and make some decisions regards this horse.    Or if he wants to keep fanning about over seas,,,having a good time,,,he can still make a decision re Chat. 
You dont have to be here in Ozz to make a decision,,,Confused      

animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:54am
I agree AA, unless he's climbing Everest or trecking to the South Pole or some other epic adventure I'm sure he has mobile phone service and is able to talk to someone on the phone, frankly the whole 'he is overseas so we must wait for him to return' routine reeks of self importance.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:33pm
Chautauqua will have one more chance to revive his racing career this spring after Racing NSW announced he will compete in a special trial between races this Saturday at Rosehill.

The trial will be restricted to eight starters that are to be determined by Racing NSW and be held over 1000 metres between Races 3 and 4 at Rosehill.

Chautauqua, who has been under the care of a thoroughbred behaviourist in recent weeks, has six times refused to jump from the gates - the latest occasion less than two weeks ago at Rosehill - and has been banned from racing until he does trials successfully on two separate occasions.

Racing NSW stewards advised: "In allowing Chautauqua to barrier trial again, the stewards were mindful of the submissions made by connections and were encouraged by the gelding satisfactorily jumping from the barriers in numerous jumpouts," a statement read.

"In addition, the stewards were conscious of providing every opportunity to the connections of Chautauqua to enable the gelding to return to racing and are satisfied on the available evidence that recent failures to begin from the barriers are related to behavioural issues and not a veterinary condition that is causing the gelding to remain in the barriers."

If Chautauqua manages to jump from the gates in Saturday's trial the dream of a spot in the $13 million The Everest may not be over, with part-owner Greg Ingham's GPI Racing expected to offer the grey a slot in the richest turf race in the world.

Saturday's trial came about following a request from Chautauqua's part-owner Rupert Legh after Chautauqua successfully jumped from the barriers four times in a row from August 17 to August 21.

Stewards said: "In making the application, the connections have provided the following submissions:

1. The gelding has been placed under the care of a well-respected thoroughbred behaviourist and has responded well to his methods;

2. The stewards have received evidence of Chautauqua on 16, 17, 20 and 21 August 2018 completing a number of jumpouts conducted at Rosehill Gardens Racecourse, whereby he jumped satisfactory on all occasions, including before ATC Starter, Mr Dale Jeffs, this morning; and

3. An application was made to allow Chautauqua to compete in an official barrier trial to be conducted between races at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, 25 August 2018, to simulate raceday conditions.

After giving consideration to the submissions, the stewards have permitted Chautauqua to barrier trial in an open raceday barrier trial to be conducted at Rosehill Gardens on Saturday, 25 August 2018, on the following conditions:

1. Chautauqua be required to barrier trial to the satisfaction of the Stewards in two consecutive official barrier trials prior to being given permission to race again; and

2. Should the gelding refuse to jump from the barriers in any of those official barrier trials, then Racing NSW Stewards would refuse the nominations of the gelding from barrier trials and races under the provisions of AR50.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

1. The gelding has been placed under the care of a well-respected thoroughbred behaviourist and has responded well to his methods;.

Who??
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 1:57pm
This been done before? Trailing between races ?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:05pm
If I have a horse who doesn't begin, will RNSW afford me the same special treatment to prove my horse will jump?
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

This been done before? Trailing between races ?

Winx.

I am not sure why people are against this or aghast when this is suggested, Not saying you are mc41.

I see it as no different to galloping between races AND this is more entertainment for the audience which is what racing is.

This is a great idea. Why it has taken so long for them to decide to do this I do not know, 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

If I have a horse who doesn't begin, will RNSW afford me the same special treatment to prove my horse will jump?

I can not see why not.

If he is not a crowd puller than you might need to ask to do it at Whoop Whoop or Wagga Wagga. 
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:19pm
We had one trialling at Goulburn last week. A horse in his trial was on a stewards order after not leaving in a race, then in a first stewards trial. I believe there are different rules in different states though as to how many trials or jumpouts you can have.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:21pm
Darren Weir often trials horses between races. Had about 10 trial on Sunday at Ballarat.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 2:26pm
I have NEVER understood why a horse that plays up on raceday should be required to trial in the tranquil surroundings of a Monday morning trial. He should be required to trial on raceday with his connections paying for the privilege. 

Raceday as we all know is a whole different atmosphere.

If Chautauqua did not trial before his last two attempted  campaigns he would not be in this bother. He was not banned from raceday, he was not required to trial before resuming either of his last two campaigns.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:38pm

Darren Weir often trials horses between races. Had about 10 trial on Sunday at Ballarat.

He may well have, but did any have the barrier issue like this horse, imo racedays are for genuine racing Not re-educating , this is a one off gimmick because of who he is and what he's done, morning trackwork is for this problem, it is chronic and foolish to think otherwise, I'll cop the flak but it's a forum so I may well be proven wrong,
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:41pm
Moods was going to scratch BC if they kept the barrier rouge next to her 😁
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by mc41 mc41 wrote:

Moods was going to scratch BC if they kept the barrier rouge next to her 😁

Was that horse banned or retired , H De Angels?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 5:10pm
Looks like retired as raced x4 post the last emabago. You'll need to paste Big smile

http://www.racingaustralia.horse/InteractiveForm/HorseFullForm.aspx?HorseCode=MzYzMjQwMTczMQ%3d%3d&src=horsesearch
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

He may well have, but did any have the barrier issue like this horse, imo racedays are for genuine racing Not re-educating , this is a one off gimmick because of who he is and what he's done, morning trackwork is for this problem, it is chronic and foolish to think otherwise, I'll cop the flak but it's a forum so I may well be proven wrong,

A horse the calibre of Winx and Chautuaqua should get special privileges.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Don't know if that's the general opinion djebel, but let's look at it this way, if he was a 6 yo bull with the same race record and pulled the same stunt multiple times he'd be off to stud, he's 8 y gelding , put 8-8mill. in the bank for the owners and trainers, thrilled a lot of people both here and o/s, it's time to ring the bell and drop the curtain, he's earnt it imo.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 8:05pm

Don't know if that's the general opinion djebel, but let's look at it this way, if he was a 6 yo bull with the same race record and pulled the same stunt multiple times he'd be off to stud, he's 8 y gelding , put 8-8mill. in the bank for the owners and trainers, thrilled a lot of people both here and o/s, it's time to ring the bell and drop the curtain, he's earnt it imo.

And that is a reasonable opinion.

Personally I am happy to see him race on.

reductio ad absurdum
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 1:06am
He gets his last chance between races at Rosehill on Saturday.

Nick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 10:55am
Good luck mate!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 3:35pm
Missed the start 15 and loses by a nose.
This space has been intentionally left blank
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 3:38pm
I do not like the fact they did not behave like a normal raceday. WTF was Berry doing on him in the gates ?

Did he wear spurs, Ron Dufficy suggested he did ?

They do not deserve a horse if they are applying spurs. 
reductio ad absurdum
Underground View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Underground Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 3:39pm
think we can put to bed the armchair pain/injury theories. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 3:41pm
I say let him race, punters know what he is like.
Still good enough to get near them
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:00pm
Final margin 0.2L. 2nd placing
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

It was a trial. He was able to tack on because they walk in trials.

He would not get near them if he bombed the start by 10 or 15 lengths in a competitive, high pressured race.

He has to be banned after today. Just has to be. Today was his last chance.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:15pm

I do not like the fact they did not behave like a normal raceday. WTF was Berry doing on him in the gates ?

Did he wear spurs, Ron Dufficy suggested he did ?

They do not deserve a horse if they are applying spurs. 

They are dummy spurs djebel, a bit like our news at times "fake" lol, a small ball bearing that rotates on the end of a little wishbone, if you observe the length of saddleclothes these days and the short length that jockeys ride they just about do sfa, if they take their feet out of the irons and give him a dig might liven them up ( depending on past experience) but the days are gone when they meant something, so cool down.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 4:29pm
A good insight Carioca
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

It was a trial. He was able to tack on because they walk in trials.

He would not get near them if he bombed the start by 10 or 15 lengths in a competitive, high pressured race.

He has to be banned after today. Just has to be. Today was his last chance.

Rubbish... I’d be confident he would do what he did today in an actual race. He is a freak, watch his TJ win.
Miami View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2018 at 5:37pm
He would be hitting the line hard after the winner has crossed the line about half a furlong in front of him.

I think he will be afforded one last chance off that effort which wasn't hopeless but is of concern.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 49>