Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
speedingaway View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedingaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 1:29pm
Golden Jubilee the world champion sprint? You're kidding haha. The HK Sprint is a much better representation
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 1:56pm
Maybe, the HK Sprint is high up there. But it is always good to give the Northern Hemishpere a licking on their own ground.

What I am sayin is Chautauqua style suits Royal Ascot.

The prestige of the race would have me taking it if it was my horse.
Superb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:16pm
Call me old-fashioned but I'd like to see him do something in a G1 first...
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:21pm
Interesting that they may opt to bypass the sprint and run him in Emirates!
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Superb Superb wrote:

Call me old-fashioned but I'd like to see him do something in a G1 first...

Call me old fashioned but I would rather see a gelding stay in Australia and win a s##t load of money than go to england just so I could wear a poncy hat and tell everyone how good my horse is if he won.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 4:50pm
On my ratings he's the best sprinter in Australia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 5:52pm
Does that make him the Best Sprinter in the World?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 5:54pm
Maybe the best since Deep Field or Terravista??
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:08pm
I wouldn't take a gelding to Ascot unless they seriously upped the prizemoney. Hell, I am doubting the stud value of taking a colt!
Sunline...simply supreme
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 6:08pm
We certainly have some exciting progressive sprinters at the moment.  Would be great if they all met.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 10:15pm
Interesting that he's favourite for the Darley Classic.  Seems the TAB's form guys agree with me that he's the best sprinter in Aust.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2014 at 11:27pm
Sorry Bonfield, even Nelly wasn't a Group 1 sprinter until she won one!

Otherwise, if it was that easy, they would hand out the trophies and the sashes now, and you could just go and line up to collect with the bookies any time you like! Wink

Sorry, I should say GAI would be handed ALL of the trophies and sashes, just ask her!LOL
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 1:37am
Nice sprinter, very impressive win, but I question it a bit, the horse that ran 3rd is really just an honest Saturday Brisbane horse. To me it looked like the inside was a lot quicker which flattered the win a lot. Still impressive, but we will see when he lines up against the big boys.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:01am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Nice sprinter, very impressive win, but I question it a bit, the horse that ran 3rd is really just an honest Saturday Brisbane horse. To me it looked like the inside was a lot quicker which flattered the win a lot. Still impressive, but we will see when he lines up against the big boys.

He made Temple of Boom look second rate, and Temple was mixing it with our best earlier this year.
Vince Accardi said his numbers are frightening, and easily Group 1.
And what big boys??? Buffering? Lankan Rupee? Terravista? They are the best we have, and no way in the world would I doubt Chautauqua's ability to beat them down the straight.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:11am
The manner in which he dropped the field was scary.

G1 written all over him
Kingyy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 7:04am
Really didn't see that coming. Thought his last win was a little flattering but he demolished a very good field on the weekend.

Our sprint racing looks to be very exciting this year. 

Still think Terravista will be our best sprinter by the end of the spring.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 7:47am
I admit I didn't see it comng either.  I thought his previous win was flattered by the track bias that day, but on Saturday this wasn't the case and he was even more impressive.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 8:05am
Is this Australia's best horse since Black Caviar?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 10:23am
Be interesting to see where they go next, if he's going to the Emirates they can go Moonga and/or Chatham then Emirates, or if they go to the Darley they can go to the Manikato next... I reckon they'll go to the Emirates unless they have concerns that a mile will be to far for him, if they're happy he can get a mile they may as well go that way because if he keeps improving he won't have a better chance to win that race, they can always come back in the autumn for all the sprints if they go to the Emirates and it turns out he isn't a miler...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 10:27am
Stay with what he does best.

Straight course racing.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

He made Temple of Boom look second rate, and Temple was mixing it with our best earlier this year.
Vince Accardi said his numbers are frightening, and easily Group 1.
And what big boys??? Buffering? Lankan Rupee? Terravista? They are the best we have, and no way in the world would I doubt Chautauqua's ability to beat them down the straight.

Yes, but I don't think Temple of Boom ran well at all, and as I said I think the inside was a lot quicker, which is why a horse like Final Crescendo ran 3rd, beating him by 5.75 lengths is hardly what I would consider Group 1 winning form either.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 11:03am
Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Is this Australia's best horse since Black Caviar?

Could well be the best sprinter since Black Caviar.  Atlantic Jewel was pretty good.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 11:32am
Temple of Boom pulled up with a respiratory problem so put a line through that run. Final Crescendo is not in the same postcode as him when right.

Chautauqua still beat Bound convincingly and she's pretty good. It was the best sprinting performance of the spring so far IMO. That said, I believe the market has overreacted making him $3.50 fav for the Darley Classic. That's a bit short for a race that will be significantly stronger and he may not even contest it. You'd be better off waiting till he's a confirmed starter before jumping on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 11:45am
Thanks Lordy.
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 12:57pm
Gary Crispe rated him 124 in his win on the weekend... huge!!
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:48pm
These are my ratings for a few sprinter to give some perspective of how high I rate Chautauqua.

99.0 Black Caviar
97.0 Chautauqua
95.5 Lankan Rupee
96.2 Hay List
94.6 Buffering
93.4 Bounding
92.1 Deep Field
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

These are my ratings for a few sprinter to give some perspective of how high I rate Chautauqua.

99.0 Black Caviar
97.0 Chautauqua
96.2 Hay List
95.5 Lankan Rupee
94.6 Buffering
93.4 Bounding
92.1 Deep Field
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:50pm
He was pretty damn good hey...

Sounds like you'll be unloading on him once his next target is confirmed!
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 2:58pm
Not necessarily.  His ability is an open book.  The bookies certainly haven't missed him.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2014 at 3:00pm
As much as her ability, the thing that stood out about BC was her consistency.  She rarely put in a bad one, and her bad runs were still very good.  Chautauqua has yet to prove his honesty/consistency.  He's only won 4 from 9.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 49>