Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

More of a worry to me is the owners' likening of him to a Lamborghini sitting in the garage Cry

It was just a analogy, I doubt it had the heartless connotation many want to make of it. 
reductio ad absurdum
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

More of a worry to me is the owners' likening of him to a Lamborghini sitting in the garage Cry

It was just a analogy, I doubt it had the heartless connotation many want to make of it. 

It was in reference to his ability and he is a Lamborghini
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 8:55pm
And in reference to his non starting antics that 'it was in the garage'.
I know what he meant & am sure he'd have preferred to have chosen his words more wisely had he had time to think.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

It was in reference to his ability and he is a Lamborghini

OFFS why can’t they retire him? He’s the obvious new icon to replace Subzero??? If he has the temperament
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:02pm
What happens if he doesn't jump again? Is there a point where someone will say enough is enough?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

What happens if he doesn't jump again? Is there a point where someone will say enough is enough?

I would hope they never legislate on an arbitrary number of failures before banning which is what it would be. If the owners are stupid enough to keep paying the fees they should be able to have as many attempts as they want.

The horse is not being hurt in the process.

reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:23pm

I would hope they never legislate on an arbitrary number of failures before banning which is what it would be. If the owners are stupid enough to keep paying the fees they should be able to have as many attempts as they want.

The horse is not being hurt in the process.

I believe something will be done soon if he keeps standing in the gates such is the profile of the horse
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:30pm

I would hope they never legislate on an arbitrary number of failures before banning which is what it would be. If the owners are stupid enough to keep paying the fees they should be able to have as many attempts as they want.  The horse is not being hurt in the process. 

Apart from mentally one presumes.  Confused
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:51pm

I believe something will be done soon if he keeps standing in the gates such is the profile of the horse

I'm sure it's only his profile allowing such lattitude & that others have been barred for far less but my memory is worse than ordinary & have no idea where to look up the barred horses list.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 11:11pm
Final warning issued last start.
If he doesn’t jump on Tuesday, RNSW will seriously consider banning the horse from racing in the state of NSW
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:19am
That's that then.
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:20am
Didn't jump?
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:24am
Maybe they can send him to the US for some racing?

Send Wayne as travelling foreman... and lose his passport.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:53am
Sad stuff but the arrogance of the hawkes team is on display, I’d lov3 to know what they did “at home” with the great hirse
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:54am
Sly old bugger.LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:08pm
I'll probably be buying a share in him soon.

I've switched to Pal
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:14pm
Surely they pull the pin now.

He's been a super horse. It's a shame he has to go out this way.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by MJB MJB wrote:

Surely they pull the pin now.

He's been a super horse. It's a shame he has to go out this way.

I think it adds to the lustre on Chaut's legend. He'll be remembered as the champion sprinter who chose his own retirement date.Wink
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:41pm
He is playing games with Hawkes family. Love him

Behaves himself at home, just can’t be bothered when it comes to game day.

He couldn’t give a stuff about anyone other than himself, cheeky old bugger
This space has been intentionally left blank
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:48pm
I think he is enjoying himself making the trainers and owners look silly LOL  What a lark , he reckons.
animals before people.
strolling View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strolling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:59pm
Time to bury the ego's and call in Monty.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I think he is enjoying himself making the trainers and owners look silly LOL  What a lark , he reckons.

My thoughts too. Gotta wipe that smug smile off Wayne’s face
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by strolling strolling wrote:

Time to bury the ego's and call in Monty.

Humans have this innate need to control everything including animals but occasionally the latter have the upper hand Clap Star
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 1:58pm
Give him to Portelli .

He used to break in horses before he took to training .
His Mum was the NSW Western Districts trainer at Orange 2800 in those days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm
He did jump... after 600m

Finished last beaten 92.6 lengths in the trial
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:25pm
Yeah but they pushed him out of the barriers LOL
animals before people.
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:23pm
I can supply two small torch batteries which would light up his life and encourage a hasty exit from the barriers. Scotch thistle has a similar effect but it is not the growing season. Suppose he was even money favourite in a group 1 race and he dogged the jump? Would stewards guarantee a refund in advance of the race being run? If not forget the batteries and thistles and retire him. May make a great clerk of course horse.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:32pm
May make a great clerk of course horse.

What guarantee he'd leave the mounting yard? 
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:42pm
I think they should retire him. But if they insist on continuing, surely you’d change stables and get a fresh start for him? Hawkes have no doubt run out of ideas.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

May make a great clerk of course horse.

What guarantee he'd leave the mounting yard? 

What's wrong with Living Legends? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 49>