Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:16pm
Will depend on weight surely, whether Chaut starts?
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:31pm
I wouldn't be surprised if they back off after the Newmarket and wait for Ascot.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:31pm
Yes I doubt he'll be seen in the Newmarket myself.  Lightweight (Waller) 3yo's might dominate the market there.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:37pm
Bigger questions are will O'shea give up on Melb with Exosphere and what are the plans for Keen Array?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:38pm
I guarantee, by a process of simple logic, that he will run in Newmarket.Geek What's the alternative? 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:38pm
And OBMalachi?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Bigger questions are will O'shea give up on Melb with Exosphere and what are the plans for Keen Array?

Godolphin have already posted that he is off back to Sydney no more Flemington straight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Godolphin have already posted that he is off back to Sydney no more Flemington straight.

Crikey that's weird. I thought it was a good Newmarket trial and everything will suit him better in that race. I've even got the jockey intstructions prepared- follow Oliver.Tongue
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:07pm
What a horse. Love this bloke. Was happy to have given the race a miss and just watch in awe of this boy powering home.

Only Japonisme can stop him in the Newmarket I feel.
Sunline...simply supreme
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:15pm
Newmarket will have a different set of challenges and weights will be a big factor.  Chautauqua carried 55.5kg last year and still missed.  His rating will be at least 3kg higher this year.  He'll be giving plenty of weight to some decent sprinters.  Terravista will get a couple of kg off him for starters.  Ollie might avoid the fumbles at the 100m mark too.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:17pm
Where does Buff go next Lordy?
Sunline...simply supreme
pikla View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pikla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

What a horse. Love this bloke. Was happy to have given the race a miss and just watch in awe of this boy powering home.

You think he goes to the Newmarket Sunline? Or skips and straight to the TJ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I guarantee, by a process of simple logic, that he will run in Newmarket.Geek What's the alternative? 
 It's a handicap, he'll have topweight, might bust a gut chasing the lightweights and stuff his TJSmith chances.  The Cant Stakes at Rwick is the logical leadup.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:47pm
Wouldn't pretend to know mate. I just feel they wouldn't knock back a G1 up the straight in this form, knowing how well it suits him. But if the weights come out and he clearly has the task against, they won't hesitate to bypass.
Sunline...simply supreme
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:49pm

Where does Buff go next Lordy?
Dubai.  Much easier taking on an international field at the World Cup meeting than the likes of Chautauqua in Australia.  Big smile
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:56pm
Haha true that. Best of luck, mate.
Sunline...simply supreme
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 9:57pm
You had your shots yet Lordy? Your rap sheet allow you to travel OS?
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2016 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

You had your shots yet Lordy? Your rap sheet allow you to travel OS?
I discovered a loophole so charges didn't stick.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 8:09am

Funny game racing.

Oliver finds the whip, doesnt stop riding and gives Terravista one crack and he wins.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 2:39pm
Probably one of the top five 1000m wins I have ever seen.

Not sure what he ran but would love to know what his last 100m was as he was still three lengths off them and not doing anything.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Funny game racing.

Oliver finds the whip, doesnt stop riding and gives Terravista one crack and he wins.

It will forever be an unresolvable debate.  Some will say what you have and others will say it wouldn't have made a difference.  Neither can be proved right or wrong.

I myself believe that Terravista wins if Oliver rides him right out at the 100m.  As it stands the result was in my favour as I backed Chautauqua.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2016 at 8:31pm
Wayne Hawkes did wax lyrical about how they got Chautauqua back after the Spring (well he might as there was not much left)

And he did look surprisingly impressive and very fresh perhaps a touch too much ? so how far he'll go is the question, as discussed. Either way he's a great subject - go Hawkes Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Wink
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 3:48pm
2.90!! has he still got 4 legs? can't lose
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 9:25pm
$5 for the WBS. Now for the world.
@value_punter
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 9:29pm
Chautauqua is a Ferrari
Exosphere a Datsun
MacDougall View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacDougall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 9:58pm
So Winx and Chautauqua gonna step out and take on the world huh?

Fun times.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2016 at 11:54pm
Holy c**p that was a win !!
animals before people.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 10:48am
I was watching the race with my wife who doesn't follow racing and she picked him from the yard as she said he was the most beautiful looking horse and I wouldn't disagree. loved the way he really lengthened his stride over the last 100m to mow them down. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2016 at 11:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 49>