Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:08pm
Retire him now- he's giving the other horses ideas.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:43pm
Why dont they just give up ?   He is making them all look quite stupid.  Not like he owes them anything .
animals before people.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 6:21am
Because humans are selfish and they need a fairytale ending with everything. Pretending to care about the horses is basically like somebody who eats meat pretending to care about animals. It's a thin veil that does not stand up to rigerous soul searching.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:04am
Originally posted by nodebt nodebt wrote:

Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Fonc will be getting a bucket of water and a cattle prod as we speak

Trust this is just an off the cuff comment or is it you trying to be a smart a.... or some want to be posting on the forum for noterity.
With a mindset like that you are the type that would yell comments from outside the coral or sitting up on the rail too scared to get in, more than likely with a beer in hand...seen your type before... the type that needs the cattle prod you know where???

In spite of what you say, Nodebt, I have to say I think Sky is close to the mark with that comment, and not a fence sitter, as you claim.
animals before people.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Because humans are selfish and they need a fairytale ending with everything. Pretending to care about the horses is basically like somebody who eats meat pretending to care about animals. It's a thin veil that does not stand up to rigerous soul searching.

What about somebody who feeds their animals meat?  My dog loves it.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 10:59am
He reminds me of Manfred.

"Racehorse Manfred was foaled in 1922 and was by Valais out of the mare Otford (by Tressady)

His main wins were in the Australian Derby, Champagne Stakes, W. S. Cox Plate, Victoria Derby, 1926Caulfield Cup, Caulfield Stakes, Melbourne Stakes and VRC October Stakes.

He probably would have Won more races had they been able to cure his bad habit of sometimes refusing to jump with the rest of the field and consequently being tailed off in many of his races."

https://www.racerate.com/horses/past-champions/manfred

Did you ever see him race, maccamax? I had heard that he also self-imposed retirement at stud, but looking it up now it seems that isn't true. In fact, according to the newspaper, he developed a bad shagger's back and they euthanised him. Or maybe that's just the story they fed to the public.

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/12475275

mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2018 at 11:06am
Think they will make the correct decision and retire him 👍
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:36am
Chautauqua is being given every chance to resume his stellar career with the superstar sprinter back in work.

Co-trainer Wayne Hawkes revealed on Monday’s edition of After The Last on racing.com that the six-time Group 1 winner was back in training.

‘The Grey Flash’ has not started since last year’s Group 1 Darley Classic at Flemington on November 9 after his autumn campaign had to be aborted following his refusal to participate in trials.

On four separate occasions the son of Encosta de Lago stayed in the stalls when the gates opened, with the pin officially pulled on his campaign at Cranbourne on March 19.

Hawkes said the gelding was back in work with a view to resuming his career in spring.

“He’s back at the water walker and he’s going to be there for a couple of weeks before he goes back to the beach,” he said.

“We’ve shown him all the videos, shown him what’s what and how’s how and who’s who in the zoo, so fingers crossed (he’s get back to the track).”

Although he will be eight on August 1, Chautauqua has raced just 32 times for 13 wins, 11 minor placings and $8,821,935 in stakes.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:23am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

He reminds me of Manfred.

His main wins were in the Australian Derby, Champagne Stakes, W. S.Cox Plate, Victoria Derby, 1926Caulfield Cup, Caulfield Stakes, Melbourne Stakes and VRC October Stakes.

He
probably would have Won more races had they been able to cure his bad
habit of sometimes refusing to jump with the rest of the field and
consequently being tailed off in many of his races."https://www.racerate.com/horses/past-champions/manfred
Did you ever see him race, maccamax? I had heard that he also self-imposed retirement at stud, but looking it up now it seems that isn't true. In fact, according to the newspaper, he developed a bad shagger's back and they euthanised him. Or maybe that's just the story they fed to the public.

I must have stayed home that day Tiaz.   Manfred ,    another of our good ones.        . Shaggers backs are more wish full thinking, Im convinced.
I can hardly walk when I get up these days and i sleep alone.
Powerful things these =   Thoughties.

Edited by Gay3 - 16 May 2018 at 8:57pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 12:28am
Entered for Flemington Jumpouts on Friday
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 1:04am
Fingers crossed
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 2:46pm
Tommy Berry flying in for the jumpout.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:04pm
Does he only have to pass once to lift the embargo? I'd have thought with his string of non-jumps he'd have to show them a couple of times that he's right to go.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 5:05pm
1 jumpout and 1 official trial.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 1:56am
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

Well said, and very candid. Money is the root of all evil?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 9:54am
God almighty it’s not as if the horse is having his eyes burnt out with a red hot poker.
Over the top criticism imho
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:22am
He jumped!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:29am
Chautauqua has next trial July 23 at Rosehill and all well runs in Missile Stakes at Randwick on August 4.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 11:37am
Be very interesting from hereonin, he knows how not to jump now and if there’s some niggling pain or physiological problem that reoccurs, he knows what to do about it! With 8.8 M I reckon I’d be saying when I can retire too.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

God almighty it’s not as if the horse is having his eyes burnt out with a red hot poker.
Over the top criticism imho

Not his eyes that needs the red hot poker ,   it's his arz.

He's finished ...    Just a cranky old man ..   
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:21pm
I'd be giving him every chance of continuing his racing career if he were mine. Maybe Tommy Berry will do the trick.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:37pm
I'd give near anything to see Chautauqua once again give English 10 lengths at the 200m mark as he did in the ironically named TJ Smith Stakes last year.

Just to possibly watch Gai again riding hers home in the stand for an apparently clear win only for the big grey to come out of the clouds and win by a head.

Nothing against Gai, but her angrily mouthing the "magic word" as she turned away was just a marvelous moment captured for posterity by the cameraman.  Clap  Tongue
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Sneck Sneck wrote:

I'd be giving him every chance of continuing his racing career if he were mine. Maybe Tommy Berry will do the trick.

( I was relating him to how I would feel if someone tried to make me run instead of "shuffle round the house, at this time in life )

I'm like you , I'd persevere as he is obviously one that feels his legs and needs the softer tracks .      If he gets that he could still be competitive .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2018 at 12:18pm
Trials Rosehill on Monday , same trial as Winx
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:21am
Didnt jump..
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:22am
Failed to leave again this morning.
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:35am
Oh dear!!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:35am
Naughty boy
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:42am
back to Mexico
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 10:51am
Chautauqua to the barrier boys: Yeah, nah, not today fellas.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 49>