Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:40am
He will be After The Last on racing,com this afternoon to discuss all things barrier related. 
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:47am
Living legends surely
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:49am
Have they ever tried a gear change?
Barrier blanket, blindfold, ear muffs?
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:51am
Rupert Legh said a long spell then reassess 
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:12pm
He had a barrier blanket on.. 

no ear muffs, id consider them

but he just looked unhappy... he barely even wanted to walk out once the field had already gone 500m

Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:14pm
If they were to press on (which I don’t agree with) they need to try something different.
He looks depressed and sad
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

If they were to press on (which I don’t agree with) they need to try something different.
He looks depressed and sad

I know few believe in telepathy/animal communication & that's quite understandable but for what it's worth, a few have connected with him & that is exactly what he's expressed to them, along with pain issues (I won't be specific, publicly).
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:22pm
Why would they not ask to trial him on raceday or night and simulate the atmosphere, see if the adrenaline of a race gets him to jump. ?
reductio ad absurdum
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:29pm
Time to pull the pin
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:39pm
Fark off Fonc with your Gary Ablett analogies
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
?
reductio ad absurdum
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:39pm
He was on Racing.com bleating on ... if this was Gary Ablett blah blah blah ...Its not Gary Ablett Foncy, it is a horse
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:45pm
Looks perfectly content to me in the photos but what would I know I don't live with him and haven't studied his facial expressions closely like some.

nodebt View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nodebt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Fonc will be getting a bucket of water and a cattle prod as we speak

Trust this is just an off the cuff comment or is it you trying to be a smart a.... or some want to be posting on the forum for noterity.
With a mindset like that you are the type that would yell comments from outside the coral or sitting up on the rail too scared to get in, more than likely with a beer in hand...seen your type before... the type that needs the cattle prod you know where???

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Looks perfectly content to me in the photos but what would I know I don't live with him and haven't studied his facial expressions closely like some.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 1:59pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:04pm
Was a pretty sad spectacle the persistent attempts at getting Lankan Rupee back to his best. Horses like these have repeatedly run through brick walls for connections. Give him his paddock.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Thanks PT, pretty much as they described on PPM as they were watching that very footage. Looks perfectly content to me, just not interested in jumping out in a contest any more. No indications on the track or at home that there is anything wrong and the notion that the Hawkes camp haven't had him checked over thoroughly is preposterous rubbish imo. Of course not all problems are easily detected. 

Think they're doing the right thing. Long spell and then see if he wants to continue being an elite racehorse or if he's simply no longer interested. It's pretty rare behaviour.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:15pm
Not even vaguely similar Judge. Lankan Rupee had leg issues. Price said all along he would pull the pin at the first indication that he was hurting or not giving his best. Exactly what he did after Morphettville. 
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 2:25pm
No, they tried again. His last run was in the Scillachi. Which was 2 and a half years after his last win.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 3:00pm
Yes you're quite correct, I'd forgotten the Schillaci run - where I see he was beaten just 2l. He ran a bottler behind the very "fit" (??)  Smerdon horse Ability first up (bloused late on a wet track, I remember the race) before going to Adelaide so they had every reason to push on there.

I backed him in Adelaide off that Sandown return and didn't remember what the reason was for his flop but I now recall reading this on Racenet - entirely unrelated to his leg issues, and Chau's current mental state. EIPH.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:36pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:08pm
A very content horse - content to stay in the barriers and watch LOL
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:28pm
he would make a good clerk of course, sitting just near the barriers, he wouldn’t move a muscle when the barriers opened.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:44pm
Amazing picture that. All the jockeys were wondering if the champ jumped rather than their own horses.
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:47pm
Is that Nikita Beriman in the Eurell colours with a cheeky grin on her face?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:48pm
Yes
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:54pm
I think that picture is worth more than a thousand words!
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:04pm
Dwayne’s face says it all
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:59pm

A very content horse - content to stay in the barriers and watch LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 49>