Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Think he'll bounce back on his Sydney leg today

So close. Great to see he still has some fight left though
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 2:57pm
I've never seen a horse take the rails around the bend but end up on outside fence before. Not while the jockey is in control anyway.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 2:58pm
So much better in Sydney, likes a bit of cut in the ground too.
 Melbourne is too hard for his old legs nowadays
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:02pm
Where to now? George Ryder? Not sure if there is a G1 for him in the Syd Autumn after that race (not that he was not very good, I just mean in regards to fields he will face and timing of his prep)

A crack at the TJ Smith I would imagine but how do they get him there? via the Ryder?
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:05pm
Any chance of him taking on Winx?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Any chance of him taking on Winx?

100% chance.Wink
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:26pm
Well got that wrong. Good horse and should have won.
Lexawin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexawin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Best horse in the race won...no hard luck stories.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

I didn't say there was a hard luck story. Berry let the horse get ridiculously out of it's ground. 4L off the second last horse halfway through the race and a couple of lengths in front 50m after. Didn't bet on it so don't care but just because your horse is a back marker does not mean you ride it like that.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:50pm
How much more ground did Le Romain cover ?

Conversely, How much is ground worse where Chautuaqua ran ?

Great race.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by Delta Deel Delta Deel wrote:

Where to now? George Ryder? Not sure if there is a G1 for him in the Syd Autumn after that race (not that he was not very good, I just mean in regards to fields he will face and timing of his prep)

A crack at the TJ Smith I would imagine but how do they get him there? via the Ryder?

Why not a quiet barrier trial and then into the TJ, gives him a chance to get over today, get the ping backin the legs and will be in it up to his ears, then the 1400 mr WFA over the carnival at Randwick or even a shot at the donny .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 3:58pm
Think the idea is George Ryder into the Doncaster.

reductio ad absurdum
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 6:18pm
Would love to see this guy show up in the Donny.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by Lexawin Lexawin wrote:

I didn't say there was a hard luck story. Berry let the horse get ridiculously out of it's ground. 4L off the second last horse halfway through the race and a couple of lengths in front 50m after. Didn't bet on it so don't care but just because your horse is a back marker does not mean you ride it like that.

Agreed, from another person who sat the race out - imagine if Dunn had ridden him that way - there'd be an uproar here
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 7:22pm
I've got zero doubt that the horse goes better for Berry
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:07pm
Super run ..... was a moral beaten !! Doncaster for sure 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:11pm
George Ryder first, and go from there.  Wink
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

George Ryder first, and go from there.  Wink
For a horse that has the best closing sectionals in the country .... it will be exciting to watch !! To get through 1300m on a heavy 10 ......... run from the inside rail .......and end up on the outside rail covering that extra ground .....he has no prob getting 1400m !! Some over rated horse floating around atm Wink
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Why not a quiet barrier trial and then into the TJ, gives him a chance to get over today, get the ping backin the legs and will be in it up to his ears, then the 1400 mr WFA over the carnival at Randwick or even a shot at the donny .

There is no ping in the legs anymore. He will not win any more good sprint races. He will keep going up in trip and rightly so.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:39am
You are being " word" selective again subby , no horse could show any " ping" yesterday in that quagmire, but with a little luck all tracks won't be like that in the coming weeks, my post did mention a step up in journey if the team feel it's warranted, if he freshened up to their satisfaction they could revert back to the TJ, nice to have the option of both.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:49am
IF it EVER stops raining LOL  More predicted , too !
animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 2:33pm

They've got a number of options, as you said freshen into the TJ or go Ryder then Doncaster or Ryder then All Aged, after that they could go to Brisbane for the 10,000 and Stradbroke.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 3:08pm
All going well the Stradbroke would be perfect IMO, this horse is not far of his best ( that is no heavy tracks) and a dead 4 or 5 will bring out the best again.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:50pm

You are being " word" selective again subby , no horse could show any " ping" yesterday in that quagmire, but with a little luck all tracks won't be like that in the coming weeks, my post did mention a step up in journey if the team feel it's warranted, if he freshened up to their satisfaction they could revert back to the TJ, nice to have the option of both.

My bad. Should never be word selective on an internet racing forum.....Wink
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:51pm

All going well the Stradbroke would be perfect IMO, this horse is not far of his best ( that is no heavy tracks) and a dead 4 or 5 will bring out the best again.

He flies on a wet track.  Why would  a dead 4 or 5 suit him better?
Sorry if I am being word selective!!
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 10:54pm
The horses sectionals in Melbourne at his start prior to the weekend were excellent. I would think it suggests there is plenty of life in the grey champ yet.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Well define a wet track for me will you?..heavy, soft, or dead,..now read his race record on a heavy and get back to me, .dead to good is his preferred surface IMO.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 11:29pm
He won a TJ on a track far worse than a soft 7 official rating and ran enormous yesterday on as heavy a track as they can race on. Not sure the point of this. He is a gun in any track condition.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2017 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Well define a wet track for me will you?..heavy, soft, or dead,..now read his race record on a heavy and get back to me, .dead to good is his preferred surface IMO.

Don't worry i will do it for you,..12 wins, 9 on good, 2 on dead , 2 on soft, ( maybe 8 on G)
2 starts on heavy beaten both times but not disgraced, now lighten up a bit will ya!,
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 8:23am
The progeny of Encosta Delago and Lion Hunter are both notorious wet trackers..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 49>