Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Chautauqua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 10:03pm
Oh and whilst I am at it, what a surprise to see this beautifully bred male is gelded.

No wonder Japan leaves us for dead.
reductio ad absurdum
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 10:25pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Darley point is mute. Yes they breed some stayers but Hawkes left just before or just after Darley bought out Inghams didn't he? Hawkes did Ok with Inghams horses over 2400m plus. Didn't win the MC but went close with Maluckyday. I'm sure I remember him saying that one of his only regrets was not training Octagonal for a MC. He believed he was the right type (and I agree with him) but was over-ruled due to stallion potential/price etc.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Australia does not have ANY trainers that excel in the stamina required races.

I know Bart won a few Slippers back in the day but I could have sworn he trained a few stayers too.
Sunline...simply supreme
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 11:29pm
Was $34 for the Royal Sovereign- into $4.4 fixed with tab.

Hedge, trade, whatever.
@value_punter
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 12:13am
Lloyd and co seem to do okay. Hardly surprising that our trainers don't concentrate on stayers given the emphasis on sprinting to middle distances in this country. You only need listen to what trainers of stayers say - it's a whole lot easier to train and place sprinter-milers. Different kettle of fish when you have mega-rich sponsors and owners for whom racing is a mere trifle.
VPI View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VPI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:30pm
Came back OK, I thought. Wink Group 1 not far away?
@value_punter
shadow role View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow role Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:43pm
fantastic win last start!
'you are...what you think ..you are'
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 12:39am
It and Rich Enuff were enormous.
Sunline...simply supreme
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 7:59am
All the hype about Deep Field winning a mid weeker, I thought Chautauqua was a more impressive performance.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 8:02am
The stable state Deep Field is a superior horse than Chaut.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 8:40am
Whitto I don't believe that for a minute. John and Michael aren't prone to that sort of rubbish, perhaps Wayne. But I wouldn't believe whoever told you. Anyone can make that gelati up.
Sunline...simply supreme
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:06am
^ on yesterday's RSN podcast. 'Wayne' said it was a better horse and hinted by a fair bit
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:09am
It was Wayne.....but it's only DF 3rd run
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:34am
Well there you go. It was Wayne.

He may well be a better horse. But to declare that at this point is fairly laughable.
Sunline...simply supreme
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 9:40am
Not laughable Sunline. But time will tell.

Chautaqua is also top line and the stable is closer to understanding the horses potential than us. And that is not just Wayne.
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

All the hype about Deep Field winning a mid weeker, I thought Chautauqua was a more impressive performance.

Whatever he is entered in i am on.... against anything.

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 1:15pm
Chautauqua's a smart horse but was greatly flattered by biased track at Flemington.  Don't get too carried away with him yet.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 1:30pm

Was undoubtedly impressive, but straight race, was drawn the right part of track, and Dwayne found the right lane.

Leebaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leebaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 1:37pm
Stable comments always have some gelati about them.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Was undoubtedly impressive, but straight race, was drawn the right part of track, and Dwayne found the right lane.

Are you saying those factors make Deep Field's midweek win more impressive?
Leebaz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leebaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 2:01pm
Diff horses. Chaut should get a mile. The other one looks a pure sprinter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow role Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

Chautauqua's a smart horse but was greatly flattered by biased track at Flemington.  Don't get too carried away with him yet.

what bias...that was a smart field...and he killed them.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 4:42pm

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Are you saying those factors make Deep Field's midweek win more impressive?

No, but straight track racing is a different beast. I think that run is only relevant to be judged next time he races down the straight.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by shadow role shadow role wrote:

what bias...that was a smart field...and he killed them.

What Bias?  The bias where all the placegetters came down the outside bias, especially straight races.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 4:59pm
Go an have a look at the placegetters that day at Flemington down the straight. All horses all day drew outside barriers.
100 percent there was bias that day at Flemington.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 5:05pm
Chautauqua beat Temple of Boom comfortably who raced in the same part of the track. He was an in form, G1 winner and proven straight tracker. To me that's far more impressive than a midweek restricted race win.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow role Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 5:17pm
so he wasn't flattered at all....just an impressive gallop.
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 5:21pm
He smashed them, bias had nothing to do with the win.  He gave them a short back and sides without even blowing out a candle. Maybe it was the best horses running the placings. I look forward to bookies laying all straight placegetters from that day the next time they step out.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 5:22pm
Top horse - but there was bias that day down the middle. Still beat TOB on its own merits
marscay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marscay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 5:25pm

Please tell me you are joking?

Dunn could have kept him on the bridle and still won....big win.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>