Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

The Rough as Gutz thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 44>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishyisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:29am
Bonaria for me too. Watch her last run. Start before they ride her upside down. Drop her out and have one crack at them
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:58am
Bonaria has been a fav of mine in the past but I just can't have her this prep, has been racing well below her best IMO.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:08am
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Bonaria and San Pedre my two for this thread.

Bonaria should have bolted on last start whilst San Pedre needs Flemington....huge stride

With all due respect Whitto she should not have bolted in last start. Her inability to accelerate cost her the run she was going for, when she did get out she really didn't make enough ground to suggest she should have won. That's the issue with the mare now I feel she is too one paced and seems to have lost any tactical speed she had.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:31am
PMD - could not disagree with you more.

She took the wrong run - it was not her tactical speed.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:39am
When I say tactical I mean her ability to find a position at the start of the race. But she can't accelerate like she used to regardless. IMO. Good luck though.
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 8:40am
Needa Rock
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

When I say tactical I mean her ability to find a position at the start of the race. But she can't accelerate like she used to regardless. IMO. Good luck though.

Thanks - does have a habit of finding trouble.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Needa Rock

While Neena Rock is one of my best bets, surely you can come up with a longer priced horse for this thread.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 2:30pm
Tactical speed is an ambiguous term.  I swear never to use it again.  Better I think to use the self explanatory term early speed.
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 2:44pm

i've heard a few media/commentators refer to racehorses having

"leg speed"...i think that's funny..
it's not like a footballer (afl, the real footy) who has hand speed..reads the play quicker, etc..
..ie other kinds of speed...

what other kind of speed can a horse have...in relation to a race..?

Superb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 2:54pm
MR2: #11 Hipster Girl
MR7: #5 Magicool
MR9: #8 Charlie Boy
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 2:56pm
Leg speed is referred to all the time by trainers EI, such as not enough (for a sprint) too much to stay & 'training the leg speed out of them', it's actually relevant & factual Smile

Edited by Gay3 - 31 Oct 2014 at 2:57pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Leg speed is referred to all the time by trainers EI, such as not enough (for a sprint) too much to stay & 'training the leg speed out of them', it's actually relevant & factual Smile

LOLLOL You sure?  Sounds stupid to me.  I mean what other form of speed other than leg speed do horses have?  Wing speed?  Jet speed?  Ridiculous.
dishyisback View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishyisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:07pm
Whenever they try dig Bonaria up she over races, let her land wherever she wants and smother her away and hope the splits come
Corkage View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corkage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:15pm
Golconda
Ghibellines
Adamantium
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Bonfield Bonfield wrote:

Needa Rock

While Neena Rock is one of my best bets, surely you can come up with a longer priced horse for this thread.

Excuse me, it was 11-1 when I backed it.

That is rough enough.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:20pm
I backed it at $16, but even that's not rough as gutz.  To me rough as gutz has got to be $21+
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:27pm
16-1 is pretty rough.
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:34pm
thanks for the explanation Gay3..

still sounds odd though..
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:36pm

16-1 is pretty rough.

$16 is 15/1, and may be borderline rough, but definitely not rought at gutz.Wink
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:37pm
rought? rough
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:38pm
If it wins we all will be rough as gutz given the amount of champagne we will drink.

Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 3:39pm
Yeah, rock on baby.
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:28pm
Royal Standing
Hawkspur
Nearest To Pin
Getting Closer View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Getting Closer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 7:55pm
Firehouse Rock
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 9:41pm
myamira was $126 fixed on the tab. myer stks.

i know its a hot mares race but she is above average, won the belle of the turf stks, was at the tail early in a slow run race last start at randwick so that run can be ignored. flemington will suit and she isnt hopeless when she is on. a run on type.

nearest to pin - $66 fixed. ultra consistent adelaide horse who tries its guts out every time. can be coupled in exotics with the fav.
Duckssster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duckssster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 12:44am
Doomben R5 - Old Feeling $21 (opened at $41)
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 12:46am
Spillway in the Mackinnon.

Blinkers on, fresh on the scene compared to the ones who had the tough runs in the Cox Plate and Caulfield Cup and ridden cold. Will storm home the outside.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 1:21am
Flemington..

Kapset - $34
Ronn's Moss - $51
Hipster Girl - $26
Limes - $31
Bring Me The Maid - $26
Unchain My Heart - $26
Moriarty - $21
San Padre - $26
Eclair Big Bang - $15

Panspermia.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 6:49am
Taddei Tondo - not finished further back than 4th in last 9 starts & on the up.

Class rise but its not too steep & should have beaten Hosting last start
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 44>