Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Maccamax - Have you thought about an obit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 3:00pm
Chilblains!LOL  Maybe Hilary contracted it early in their marriage and there was no recovering from it.  Normally it last on a couple of weeks, but apparently Hilary has always been a rare specimen.

It's possible you are right about Bill being a mouthful.  Witnesses never see a things exactly the same.  Guess it depends on where there attention was focused.

You would have made a great US politician.  You are capable of embellishing the ridiculous and making it almost seem intelligent.  I'm sure you would be right at home in the oval office coat closet.  I can imagine the whispers now.  

She says, "my, my, that is a big sleeve you have on your overcoat . . ."Shocked  

You say, "Shhhhhhh.  That's my . . .Embarrassed"

She interrupts, "what that noise?"

You say, "That's my red telephone ringing."Wacko
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 4:20pm
   ME , In the oval office. Brings back memories of one of our Politicians giving his wife a " natures sedative " on his Office Desk .
Most thought that was OK as she was his wife after all.
My argument was we erected him at an erection and pay him big money .   He could have designated that chore to one of the lower paid staffers.    They all have my phone number now as a voluntary worker to attend such duties.

When you see me in an overcoat Shammy , you know I've been doing some '" Flashing ".
Last time I flashed a couple of old ladies . [ wait for it ]
One had a heart attack and the other had a STROKE.
       [ Fiddles won't get that ]
Shammy Davis View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 2:49am
Getting old jokes is truely something to relish over some of these youngsters, isn't it?  If Fiddles would get more sleep I'd think he'd pick up more. 

I like the use of erected in place of elected.  Makes more sense.  That's what it feels like most of the time when the votes have been counted and we know we've been (for lack of the real feeling) "ducked."  Just don't know how having erection day would go over in the states.  Most of the election officials are woman in our area and they are Baptist.  Being called an erection official might be too much for them.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:51pm
Shammy ... Out here the strap on products are a growth industry.
    So bad it is having a terrible toll on Supply and Demand.
We have plenty of the product but the girls have got it all.
Too many of us are waking up with T bone steaks and no where to cook it.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Shammy ... Out here the strap on products are a growth industry.
    So bad it is having a terrible toll on Supply and Demand.
We have plenty of the product but the girls have got it all.
Too many of us are waking up with T bone steaks and no where to cook it.

I am a strap on model , they take casts of me to make them Smile
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Shammy Davis Shammy Davis wrote:

Getting old jokes is truely something to relish over some of these youngsters, isn't it?  If Fiddles would get more sleep I'd think he'd pick up more. 

I like the use of erected in place of elected.  Makes more sense.  That's what it feels like most of the time when the votes have been counted and we know we've been (for lack of the real feeling) "ducked."  Just don't know how having erection day would go over in the states.  Most of the election officials are woman in our area and they are Baptist.  Being called an erection official might be too much for them.

I get plenty of sleep, 3am till 8am most days and the odd nanna nap in the day is all you need..

Panspermia.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 5:25pm
Ohhh to be young again Fiddles ..   Tick, tick , tick.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 6:50pm
so Fiddle has nanna naps ??   Hmmm, sound like me !LOL  maybe i just have more than he does.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 6:55pm
yep quite often too, usually around 1pm till 3pm...

siesta time..
Panspermia.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 6:59pm
Nothing wrong with a nana nap Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 7:01pm
very under rated BD..
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 9:04pm
depends how long the nap lasts !   mine can stretch to 2 hours sometimes LOL is that still a nanna nap or a just a sleep ??Confused
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 9:22pm
Whatever it's called or however it lasts, mine results in being unable to sleep when I'm supposed to i.e. at night!!!! Usually watching the clock 'till after midnight instead of 10ish Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Whatever it's called or however it lasts, mine results in being unable to sleep when I'm supposed to i.e. at night!!!! Usually watching the clock 'till after midnight instead of 10ish Wink

I'll stay out of this one .   I don't want some O.H chasing me around the paddock for putting in treatment ideas for insomnia suffering ladies.
But it always works . Trust me , most of my girls never got to finish reading their book.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

so Fiddle has nanna naps ??   Hmmm, sound like me !LOL  maybe i just have more than he does.

If you ask me, I think Fiddles is confused and misspelled nanna. I think he really meant to post "nano" nap as in nanoseconds.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2014 at 11:17pm
yes Shammy , modernising this world removed so many pleasures.
I loved the puberty days when we used to get under the timber slab bridges and peep through the cracks at the girls walking over head.
[ move your bottom lip from side to side and you will get an idea of what pleasures we saw.]
Loved those days and never even dreamed I would finish up in life with two blow up dolls.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 9:24am
Maccamax:  Here's a very honest obit.  I mean some people, not necessarily you,Ermm that have their obits replete with exaggerations.  Further, the term "stiff" might be misunderstood.  I mean "stiff" could mean you are a "lush."Stern Smile

http://www.click2houston.com/news/swedish-mans-3word-obit-i-am-dead/25465216
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 9:42am
Or this:

Walter George Bruhl Jr. of Newark and Dewey Beach is a dead person; he is no more; he is bereft of life; he is deceased; he has rung down the curtain and gone to join the choir invisible; he has expired and gone to meet his maker.

He drifted off this mortal coil Sunday, March 9, 2014, in Punta Gorda, Fla. His spirit was released from his worn-out shell of a body and is now exploring the universe.

He was surrounded by his loving wife of 57 years, Helene Sellers Bruhl, who will now be able to purchase the mink coat which he had always refused her because he believed only minks should wear mink. He is also survived by his son Walter III and wife Melissa; daughters Carly and Paige, and son Martin and wife Debra; son Sam and daughter Kalla. Walt loved and enjoyed his grandkids.

Walt was preceded in death by his tonsils and adenoids in 1935; a spinal disc in 1974; a large piece of his thyroid gland in 1988; and his prostate on March 27, 2000.

He was born in Philadelphia, Pa., April 20,1933 at 10:38 p.m., and weighed in at a healthy seven pounds, four ounces, and was 22 inches long, to Blanche Buckman Bruhl and Walter George Bruhl.

He drifted through the Philadelphia Public School System from 1937 through 1951, graduating, to his mother's great relief, from John Bartram High School in June 1951.

Walter was a Marine Corps veteran of the Korean War, having served from October 1951 to September 1954, with overseas duty in Japan from June 1953 till August 1954. He attained the rank of sergeant. He chose this path because of Hollywood propaganda, to which he succumbed as a child during World War II, and his cousin Ella, who joined the corps in 1943.

He served an electronics apprenticeship at the Philadelphia Naval Yard from 1956-61; operated Atlantic Automotive Service Stations in Wilmington during 1961-62; and was employed by the late great DuPont Co. from 1962-93. (Very few people who knew him would say he worked for DuPont, and he always claimed he had only been been hired to fill a position.)

He started at the Chestnut Run Site as a flunky in the weave area of the Textile Fibers Department, and then was promoted to research assistant, where he stayed from 1963-72. In 1972 he accepted a position as an equipment service representative with the Photo Products Department at the old DuPont Airport site (now Barley Mill Plaza).

In 1973 he was promoted to manufacturing engineering technologist and was employed in that capacity until, after 31 years with The Co., he was given a fine anniversary dinner and a token gift and then "downsized" in December 1993. He was rehired as a contract employee in June 1994, doing the same job that he had been "downsized" from, and stayed until July 1995.

He started his own contract business and worked at Litho Tech Ltd. from 1996-99.

There will be no viewing since his wife refuses to honor his request to have him standing in the corner of the room with a glass of Jack Daniels in his hand so he would appear natural to visitors.

Cremation will take place at the family's convenience, and his ashes will be kept in an urn until they get tired of having it around. What's a Grecian Urn? Oh, about 200 drachmas a week.

Everyone who remembers him is asked to celebrate Walt's life in their own way; raising a glass of their favorite drink in his memory would be quite appropriate.

Instead of flowers, Walt would hope that you will do an unexpected and unsolicited act of kindness for some poor unfortunate soul in his name.

A memorial luncheon in Walt's honor will be held Saturday, March 15, at 1 p.m., at Deerfield, Newark.

This obit has not only made people laugh, it's inspired a lot of people to, in fact, do something nice. So Walter Bruhl, Jr., with the help of his grandson, Sam, can proudly state "Mission Accomplished."

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 9:45am
Or this one on a suicider's grave:

My work was done, why wait?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shammy Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 10:51am
BD:  Are you giving your obit some serious thought?

What will your tombstone read?

"Related well to caninesThumbs Up, hated bullsh!tClap, dazzled a (very) few with his acumenBig smile, and was anti-communistApprove."

As for me, my work is mostly done, but I'll wait. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 2:13pm
my work will be done by next Thursday, too, as i am retiring before Abbot boosts the age to 70 !
But I think I will wait , too LOL
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 2:56pm
Everyone falling for the 3 card trick.
Everyone convinced pensions are to get a bad deal.     not on.
Come Budget day , all those relieved voters will be thrilled with Joe.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 3:02pm
No maxie, as I have told you many times Abbott has dug himself into such a hole with his strident rhetoric and grandstanding on election promise honesty  that he cannot make changes to pensions or much else next week, whether needed or not. More likely Hockey will announce that the rise to 70 from 20 odd years time. This will be pointless anyway because the superannuation generation will be retiring by then and pressure on pensions will be greatly reduced anyway. A giant beat up by our scare mongering Treasurer
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 10:11pm
can the pollies,,and the retired pollies,, lerks and perks.    save a fortune.
they are just milking it for all its worth.
cut the old age pension.  cut the pollies pension and all the extras they get.   be fair here .
and if they arnt,,,they will get hammered.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 10:30pm
Make it sound real bad and people will love them when it turns out good.
lololol Cut the age pension. Labor's mad delusional, scare mongering .   Pensions won't be cut ,   maybe indexation made more realistic.
   Put an entertainment tax on sex and problem solved.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 10:39pm
Take away the millionaire pensioners health care card eh maxie?

Take away the tax breaks for the wealthy's super accounts and you will cut the deficit in half
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 10:42pm
Give a tax cut to workers and redirect it into a 10% co-contribution to their super funds so that 20% is being payed in and you will do away with pensions altogether. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 10:52pm
No problem with that.     I pay a hefty Health fund . Why should millionaires be subsidised on things like Food etc. by way of pensions.
   By all means make cash flow available to wealthy people [ owning property ] but do it by overdraft [ on say 2% above housing finance rates ] To be paid out of the Estate.
   Many people are doing it now , at huge interest rates [ that's wrong ] They call them reverse mortgages .
I can send you to all the money you want at 9.2 % on 33% of your Real Estate Value. [ 1st mortgage ]

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Take away the millionaire pensioners health care card eh maxie?

Take away the tax breaks for the wealthy's super accounts and you will cut the deficit in half

can we infer from your post that you don't tax advantage of super ?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 11:01pm
Yep it is ridiculous that aged people are locked into large assets. They should be able to live off it's value
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>