Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Roman Emperor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roman Emperor
    Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 12:27pm
Having given my mare a rest this year , attention turns to an early service In 2014 , this stallion has grabbed me as a nice type and could suit a lot of different mares. Has any forumite got a foal or yearling by him and opinions on this only son of Montjeu in Australia , love his triple cross of Lulan, my only concern is lack of support , only 30 live foals in 2 years , will he become more attractive with Montjeu sons starting to hit there straps .
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 2:18pm
Also like the horse himself. Race record slim with only Derby and C Cup 2nd. The lack of support might be due to the service fee. I know a mare owner can only ask, but wouldn't he be a more attractive option at say $5000 neg?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2013 at 5:50pm
Does Bart do deals ?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2014 at 10:01pm
Well , just had a bit of a look at Princes Farm's Roman Emperor lots , and I am pleasantly surprised , they look on the surfaced, pretty well put together. IMHO I reckon they might attract a bit of interest if they walk well.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 6:07pm
A few of us have taken an interest in a Roman Emperor colt from the January Classic sale. In my view he was right up there as one of the best types in the sale. I wish they would make Roman Emperor commercially available.

http://www.johnsargentracing.co.nz/Syndication.aspx

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

A few of us have taken an interest in a Roman Emperor colt from the January Classic sale. In my view he was right up there as one of the best types in the sale. I wish they would make Roman Emperor commercially available.

http://www.johnsargentracing.co.nz/Syndication.aspx

Yes Robbo , is that lot 149, any more recent images available ? I like lot 127 in the winter book , looks a nice athlete, but might look different standing on level ground, not sure why the photos were done where they are ,I spose a nice backdrop .
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:16pm
That John Sargent colt looks outstanding. What a steal at $40k. 

And he knows how to train a stayer! I didn't think the Roman E would be that fwd. 

Really questioning wether I go RE or Monaco Consul for my mare.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:36pm
Yep - Lot 149.

I will try and attach a couple of photos from the sale. The only updates since then are videos and that is beyond my technical capability.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:41pm
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-6rgylRijOZE/U5a2i-5K8xI/AAAAAAAAABs/rztO4nSJP-E/s219-p/RomanEmperor3.jpg
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2014 at 7:45pm
Hard to see in the photo. Its small.

Had a look at the Winter and 115 looks the best. Will be fascinated to see what they go for. Note the photos are on an angle.

They dont look better than John Sargent's one.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 2:33pm
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 2:35pm
AussieOi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AussieOi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 5:07pm
I love the look of his winter yearlings, I think they will run as 2yos, in the autumn/winter wich surprised me a great deal. If I cash id certainly be picking one up.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenwood-Lake/604236969624888
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 6:36pm
Rff tells me that's Robbo himself at the top of the stairs on the right.  Tongue
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:16pm
Gees they look good. Bit high in the pasterns? I am not a conformation expert.

Goldey - looking good mate.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Gees they look good. Bit high in the pasterns? I am not a conformation expert.

Reasonable call based on the shot Whitt0.  Thumbs Up  However the camera, especially when the focus is mobile, can often be misleading.

ps would invite people to view the shot of Excelebration in the "New Stallion at Coolmore" thread and have a look at his near hind pastern.  A bit like some Sir T's I've seen in the past and some would shrink at the flex, others not.  Is it just a fractional moment in time or a potential bumper problem?  His performances would suggest not but then how many hard surfaces did he encounter. 

I feel momentarily like a Progold: so many questions, so few answers.  Embarrassed

But over to others on both Robbo's colt and Excelebration, if you really want to.

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 11:27pm
I had a look at Excellebration & again at the one above. Maybe its the camera shot - if not they are high on the RE one. Ex does not look that bad.

We are doing more promotion on here for RE than Princes Stud.
songline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 11:41pm
Curious to your mare's pedigree whitt0  -is this the one by Canny Lad?

Camelot another son of Montjeu will be shuttling here but won't be cheap!
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 11:59pm
The broodmare is a Spinning World/Parada (Parade Ground). The last 2 generations have had some strange breeding considering the qualities from 3x back which are outstanding.

I also have 2 fillies Authorized/Sophielicious (Canny Lad). She went to the breakers yesterday and is a fine type. The other filly is Mossman/Zazita (Zabeel). She has a fantastic background and picked her up at the recent MM Yearlings. She was overlooked as she was a bit backward but had a great walk and legs fine. She apparently is very much a Zabeel type rather than Mossman. She will happily be out for a year to mature. Not in a rush.

Plan to breed and retain post racing.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 11:59pm
Maybe if some one can google" Roman Emperor stallion" and check the photo They have supplied , not complimentary , his front pastern does look collapsed almost or maybe it is once again a moment in time ?
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 12:00am
Curios as to the real price for Camelot. I do worry about the shuttle stallions. Here then gone.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 12:01am
Hadn't seen this image before ! Reckon they should change it .
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 12:05am
If y go to race pix.com.au. Heap of pics for RE. His pasterns all look good and I think he was pretty sound.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2014 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I feel momentarily like a Progold: so many questions, so few answers.  Embarrassed

There was a line that I think I first read in To Kill A Mockingbird that basically says that in many instances, you never ask a question that you don't already know the answer to.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 7:22pm
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 7:24pm
This is the Roman Emperor yearling at John Sargent's stables last weekend. Broken in, had ten days in the stables to get through the system, tipped out and been back in for a fortnight.

He is coping well with everything but is still "downhill" and gappy in the knees, so time will be his friend.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2014 at 7:48pm
Nice Robbo. I think he will be underestimated.
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:42pm
robbo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 2:44pm
This is the Roman Emperor with John Sargent - he has been in for about five weeks into his second prep, having had a good break. Pretty happy with him, especially given he is a mid-October foal and so is only a month past his second birthday.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 4:41pm
Looks a ripper!

I really like Roman Emperor. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>