Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

OISIN MURPHY...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 2:45am
Spl Rpsunday 7
reductio ad absurdum
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:31am
Nothing special other than a very Irish name, hey Paddy? 
Red Rum View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Rum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:36am
Oisin is potential Champion Jockey material.
value is everything
Superb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 10:18am
THE MACHINE
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:14pm
He's going okay, I noticed he adopted a somewhat Aussie style now in his riding, he looked a lot more balanced and crouched lower and arms tucked in, some of the English jockeys have really exaggerated weird styles, they are effective, but they can look messy, I like the Asian-Australian-French riding styles the best myself, Oisin has copied it a bit...looks good too.

Panspermia.
OrangeMonkey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:45pm
What they look like is nothing to do with the end result. The one that's got he's head in front always looks better. Looks didn't stop L Dittman or K Fallon ridding winners. It comes down to balance, there is one I can't work out how he gets winners is C newitt. Not only looks unbalanced, always got his foot on the go pedal
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:48pm
You guys are kidding me right?

Around our place he is known as Poison Murphy.

James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by OrangeMonkey OrangeMonkey wrote:

What they look like is nothing to do with the end result. The one that's got he's head in front always looks better. Looks didn't stop L Dittman or K Fallon ridding winners. It comes down to balance, there is one I can't work out how he gets winners is C newitt. Not only looks unbalanced, always got his foot on the go pedal

Have a look at his SR and you'll see he gets far less winners than his fellow senior riders. I rarely back his rides because you lose money hand over fist in the long run backing them.
oldmate View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 4:59pm
Looks didn't stop L Dittman

That's because L Dittman looked enormous when he rode one out. Anyone that doesn't think so isn't a true old school racing fan.
oldmate View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by OrangeMonkey OrangeMonkey wrote:

Did you ever watch Bruce Compton set one alight. Even I will say that he was extreme but I used to love watching him. Even when he was about 60 years old he still went ballistic with the whip and spurs every race. I don't think he was still riding when the new whip rules came in.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:11pm
  • Oisin Murphy

Vital Stats

PeriodRuns1st2nd3rdWin%To £1 level stake
Last 7 Days (Flat)2542216.0%£-7.38
Last 14 Days (Flat)4265414.29%£-12.38
Season (Flat)15122221114.57%£-25.03
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:12pm
We not long back won a minor race by a half-head with Newitt on board.  Horse wasnt quite genuine, but believe me Froggy gave it a right flogging for the last 450m and if not for his persuasive qualities the horse would've run about 6th.

Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:15pm
Solid, if he is going to be chesty about his ability in today's interview (taking the day off to sell his services in the press), follow his future entries over the next few days. Will be out to prove a point.

• Oisin Murphy

Future Entries

Time / DateCourseDistanceClassHorseTrainer
20:50 22nd May 14Salisbury1m 1f 198yGavlarW J Knight
20:40 22nd May 14Sandown Park1m 1fTilstarr (IRE)R A Teal
20:20 22nd May 14Salisbury1m 4fLochalsh (IRE)W J Knight
18:40 22nd May 14Salisbury6fNew DecadeJ M Bradley
19:20 21st May 14Kempton Park1m 3fPresburg (IRE)Joseph Tuite
17:00 21st May 14Lingfield Park1m 1yImperial GlanceA M Balding
14:30 21st May 14Lingfield Park1m 3f 106yMicrasA M Balding
14:00 21st May 14Lingfield Park1m 3f 106yMen Don't Cry (IRE)Ed De Giles
18:45 20th May 14Warwick6fSole Danser (IRE)J M Bradley
20:35 19th May 14Windsor5f 10y4Flashy Queen (IRE)J Tuite
20:05 19th May 14Windsor1m 3f 135y3Ballinderry BoyA M Balding
19:35 19th May 14Windsor1m 67y5DartingA M Balding
18:05 19th May 14Windsor6f5Hamoody (USA)J Tuite
17:00 17th May 14Newbury7f4Tides Reach (IRE)R Charlton
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:22pm
t's tough to make it in the jockey ranks in the UK, just look at the results the last couple of weeks, it's been all Hughes, Moore, Lee and Buick, De Sousa and the like aren't even getting the winners...

Panspermia.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by oldmate oldmate wrote:

If you want to see a jockey style that border lines on ridiculous have a look at Libby Hopwood ride a horse... She goes up when the horse is going down and she goes forward when the horse is going back ...slamming the saddle with such force that I have to turn away in shock. I reckon its like watching a r rated movie when I see her flying down the outside on one.

One we bred often has Libby in the saddle.  She might be a lovely lady but she's cost the horse two or three wins including a Listed success in the sprint at Oakbank last month and about $100k in prizemoney.

However she apparently rides the country-trained horse in all his work and the trainer presumably thinks it only fair to put her on board in races. 

Edited by Gay3 - 18 May 2014 at 5:30pm
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

If you want to see a jockey style that border lines on ridiculous have a look at Libby Hopwood ride a horse... She goes up when the horse is going down and she goes forward when the horse is going back ...slamming the saddle with such force that I have to turn away in shock. I reckon its like watching a r rated movie when I see her flying down the outside on one.

One we bred often has Libby in the saddle.  She might be a lovely lady but she's cost the horse two or three wins including a Listed success in the sprint at Oakbank last month and about $100k in prizemoney.

However she apparently rides the country-trained horse in all his work and the trainer presumably thinks it only fair to put her on board in races. 

Why would you put on a jockey that has tits? Confused
oldmate View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:36pm

I meant Amy Herrmann not Libby Hopwood.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:36pm

We not long back won a minor race by a half-head with Newitt on board.  Horse wasnt quite genuine, but believe me Froggy gave it a right flogging for the last 450m and if not for his persuasive qualities the horse would've run about 6th.

I have absolutely no doubt that if your horse wasn't genuine and needed a jockey that would flog it to within an inch of it's life to get it home then Newitt is your man. He's a butcher in the saddle. Does not even compare with the likes of Oliver or Williams who know how to get a horse to lift using hands and heels.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 5:43pm
Oldmate . I would hav to say yes to all your question . On a lot more times then you . If you think L dIttman had a style to copy u are wrong no one could even try and copy what he did on horse back they woul nearly fall off. Bruce Compton in full flight that's not a pretty picture . Sorry old man I might just of been around the block a few more times then you
oldmate View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldmate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 6:29pm

I meant Amy Herrmann not Libby Hopwood.

It is Libby Hopwood that im thinking of. have a look at her down the outside on the winner in this video. Those that seen what I wrote before about her having a tough private part will see what I mean.

libby
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 9:46pm
O'sheen will be a world class hoop!
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2014 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

I have absolutely no doubt that if your horse wasn't genuine and needed a jockey that would flog it to within an inch of it's life to get it home then Newitt is your man. He's a butcher in the saddle. Does not even compare with the likes of Oliver or Williams who know how to get a horse to lift using hands and heels.
I've said it here before,C.Newitt is a better rider hands and heels than with a whip.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 9:30am
Early4lunch the bloke jumps around like a frog in a sock. I dont think we are whatching the same jockey, he was much good with the whip either. Unless it a race to see who can hit a horse the most in 200mtr. He was a basher any bad jockey can flog a horse. Balance and rhythm is the real sign of a strong and effective jockey . Not a 48kg Pygmy jumping and bashing away
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 10:48am
If he's a better rider hands and heels then maybe he should try riding that way. Might improve his terrible strike rate.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 11:53am
Correct I think he is a hard working light weight that is very hungry for a ridding fee. He goes around on anything , and rides like they are all the same $180 dollars or what ever they get paid. Weight of numbers he has to pop up and ride a winner here and there. In saying that he goes to most meetings with a full book of rides. Rate him a luckey light weight. Lacks class
JTM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Why do you dislike jockeys ?

Because you can do all the form in the world and spend your hard earned money placing stragetic bets only to be disappointed by them showing lack of intitiative, lack of thought, laziness, riding to lose, etc etc...you only have to look at the Oliver and Nickolic affairs to realise that your best layed plans can be pointless if they have other plans for themselves..

Some of the best riders i've met and seen aren't even jockeys, they are track riders, couldn't tell you how many times I've been with several track riders having a drink and getting their mail on horses racing on the day, watchin the race and seeing their faces and eyes fuming with rage that the jockey has fcked the ride or pulled it deliberately...seen some nice fisty cups in night clubs for it too...

Why do u bother with it all then?????
"There is no Tomorrow……………….'
JTM View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Correct - froggy not in Oliver/Williams class - not even close. There are 10 or 12 others in vic that have newitt covered.
"There is no Tomorrow……………….'
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by JTM JTM wrote:

Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Why do you dislike jockeys ?

Because you can do all the form in the world and spend your hard earned money placing strategic bets only to be disappointed by them showing lack of initiative, lack of thought, laziness, riding to lose, etc etc...you only have to look at the Oliver and Nickolic affairs to realise that your best layed plans can be pointless if they have other plans for themselves..

Some of the best riders I've met and seen aren't even jockeys, they are track riders, couldn't tell you how many times I've been with several track riders having a drink and getting their mail on horses racing on the day, watching the race and seeing their faces and eyes fuming with rage that the jockey has fcked the ride or pulled it deliberately...seen some nice fisty cups in night clubs for it too...

Why do u bother with it all then?????

you can still enjoy the sport and have a bet without worrying about riders, but there are a handful of riders around the world that if they are booked on one I like, then I really start to take a strong interest in the horse.

Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:27pm

Star apprentice Murphy gets Derby ride: RISING riding star Oisin Murphy will have his first ride in the Invest... http://bit.ly/S1VssB 

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 9:44pm
Good luck to him, but he will need to be on Pegasus to beat Australia...
Panspermia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>