Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

SHOREHAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHOREHAM
    Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:24pm
should make a mess of them in the next at Moonee Valley bet up!
jonesy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:31pm
I like your confidence...'should'!
Kramer View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:35pm
Only said should as its hose racing but OK make it will win  Approve
Kramer View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:51pm
that's why i said should to start with Held up turn out when race over 
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:53pm
Nah wasn't making enough ground, Precedence gave it windburn. I backed it too.Unhappy
Kramer View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 4:54pm
it got out to late winner had momentum 
Kramer View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 5:07pm
just seen the name of the race hate the drake 

Drake International Cup(GROUP 2) 2500m 

SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:11pm

Saab Hasan loses Shoreham

Trainer Saab Hasan has expressed his disappointment over losing his stable star Shoreham.

Hasan said the five-year-old, who finished eighth in last Saturday’s Andrew Ramsden Stakes(3200m) at Flemington, was sold by the owners and removed from his stable on Monday.

“He was sold behind my back unfortunately, so that was a bit sad,” Hasan told Racing.com’s Shane Anderson on RSN’s Racing Ahead.

“The owners wanted to get out of him on Saturday after the races and we were told that we had the first option to purchase him and come Monday morning, virtually first thing, the float was there to pick him up.

“It wasn’t good and I thought after everything we’ve done that we’d have had the first option to buy him back because I had owners to buy him but that’s the way it goes and we move on.”

The Flemington-based Hasan said he blamed himself for Shoreham’s latest defeat but added that the son of Reset had enjoyed a very good preparation.

“It was my fault, he probably doesn’t stay over 3200m at Flemington as he sees too much daylight and doesn’t settle as well,” he said.

“His runs this time in have been terrific, he ran third in a Group 3 race and then second in town and he’s earned over $50,000 this preparation without winning a race.

“Wherever he goes next I’m sure that he’ll do his best.”

Shoreham, who was purchased by Hasan from the annual Lloyd and Nick Williams Hudson Conway Racing Reduction Sale after one start for Robert Hickmott in 2012, leaves Hasan having recorded three wins from 33 starts in his care and having amassed nearly $500,000 in prizemoney.

All three of Shoreham’s wins came at Flemington, with his career-highlight a memorable three-and-a-half length victory in the 2013 Galilee Series Final (2500m) which was followed by a third placing behind Escado in the Group 1 South Australian Derby (2500m).

whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:59pm
I do like this horse.  

Not sure he was very well positioned this prep but as an armchair critic that could be too harsh.

There is a super nice half sister by Street Boss that David Hayes bought from Melb this year for $160k. I was way off the bidding - but she has prob been in the top 3 fillies I have seen in sales this year. Dam is a half sister to Hy Fuji & Kermadec then came out & won the Donny after the sale. 

One that slipped through my fingers!

http://inglis.com.au/sales/info/2015+Melbourne+Premier+Yearling+Sale/catalogue/564
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:33pm
Now in Sydney with Gerald Ryan
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by tillyras tillyras wrote:

Now in Sydney with Gerald Ryan

WOW!

Not exactly a noted trainer of stayers.
reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm
Interestingly, Saab just won the first at Geelong with a horse he owns and trains called Pure Karma.....perhaps the universe is looking after him......
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 11:12pm
Always rated this horse. Not sure Saab knows exactly what he's doing TBH, with some of his comments over the past two years with regards to this horse. Will be interesting to see how it goes.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:04pm
Good to see him back with Saab
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2017 at 3:23pm
Welcome back to the winners circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:33pm
Trainer Saab Hasan has sought to explain the bizarre nomination of recent city winner Shoreham in Saturday's non-TAB Yea Cup, and while it is unlikely to eventuate, it is a grand plan the Flemington horseman says he has used with success before.

Given Shoreham's handicap rating of 85, the eight-year-old was allocated a whopping weight of 81.5kg in the picnics feature held at Yea on Saturday, but as Hasan explains that isn't a major deterrent.

"I put him [Shoreham] in the Yea Cup with the idea that it would be a tune-up for the Hobart Cup [on Sunday 11 February]," Hasan told Racing.com on Wednesday.

"I knew he'd get a hefty weight.

"Sounds like a strange idea but I’ve done it with other horses in the past.

"A few things went wrong for the horse at Caulfield last start [last Saturday behind Willi Willi], the race was upside down for him and he wasn't fully tested as a result.

"The idea was to send him to the picnics as an easy option, basically for a track gallop before heading to Hobart.

"Plans have now changed though and we will be bypassing the Hobart Cup, instead Shoreham will run at Caulfield in a fortnight."
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 12:47pm
" the race was upside down for him and he wasn't fully tested as a result."

I was on and he was well and truly tested at Caulfeld. Only excuse I can find is training/readiness. Blew like a gale in betting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:09pm
I could ride him at Yea
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 1:27pm
I heard Saab on RSN Sat. morning & he made it pretty clear to me that he couldn't win. I think it had something to do with a let up & going forward from the barrier but with the likelihood of a hot speed.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:48pm
Unfortunately I didn't hear it Gay. Like a lot of punters. Speed wasn't hot, given what I know now he was obviously in it for the run. Horse was in good form and looked overs so I don't excuse Hasan at all. Usually when this happens I keep my fingers crossed that they get done when the trainer's trying to win. Same will apply this time probably. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
Trying his best to win ie.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 5:33pm
$61 thank you very much
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

$61 thank you very much

You can thank A Mallyon for your collect.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Stainvita Stainvita wrote:

Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

$61 thank you very much

You can thank A Mallyon for your collect.

Wtf was that!
Yep, I am talking through my kick,but still.
He makes a run a long way out,and is gone before the turn.
That's an old fashioned carve out of some note.
Even if the stewards are too inept to act.
Wonder what Lloyd thinks?
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 8:07pm
well done - nice collect!
crooked_gambler View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
Last year’s Easter Cup winner and the constant star of trainer Saab Hasan’s Flemington stables Shoreham has run his last race.

Hasan announced via Twitter that the nine-year-old veteran of 68 starts and an earner of nearly $800,000 in prizemoney would be retired after he finished last of eight runners as a $41 outsider in Saturday’s Club Stand Handicap (2000m).
This space has been intentionally left blank
 Post Reply Post Reply