Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

boat race at it's worst

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat race at it's worst
    Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 12:44am
wonder why people are turning away from the trots, we all no inside jobs happen, but has there been a wrost one then this  race 2 kilmore

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=KI030913&ms=vic&fromstate=vic#KIC03091304

top it off it's the 2nd time he has been done in 5 months same horse,an only has 4 or 5 horses Stern Smile
Stewards today concluded an adjourned inquiry into the limited vigour displayed by driver Mathew Higgins (Nova Arama) over the final stages of the race when he was beaten into 2nd place by Supersub NZ after leading. The panel heard evidence on the night before adjourning the matter to review the mare’s previous race starts and consider the evidence further. After consideration Mr Higgins was found guilty of a charge under rule 149(2) for driving in a manner which in the opinion of the Stewards was unacceptable. The particulars of the charge where that Mr Higgins failed in his obligation to show sufficient vigour on Nova Arama over the final stages of the race when in a winning position and being challenged by the eventual winner Supersub NZ. Mr Higgins pleaded not guilty to the charge. His license to drive in races was suspended for a period of 5 weeks. In assessing the penalty the panel took into account that Mr Higgins had been found guilty of a charge under this rule in recent times, his not guilty plea and that Mr Higgins has minimal drives on a regular basis. The suspension was deemed to commence at midnight the 15/09/13 for Mr Higgins to fulfil his future driving commitments

Edited by Browndog - 14 Sep 2013 at 8:05am
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 12:46am
all it needed was a print out of the result before they started Tongue yahh for boat races mid week
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 12:55am
I stopped betting on the trots a few years ago after Darryl Douglas gave 2 consecutive odds-on pops the most disgraceful drives you have ever seen. No suspensions, no stewards inquiry, nothing.
I have the dogs far, far ahead of the trots now, and I know there are still problems there, but at least you know the dog is trying (even if it is full of milk!!)
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 12:57am
And a 5 week suspension??? How is that a deterrent?
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 1:10am
wrost...Ermm
Panspermia.
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2013 at 11:53am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

I stopped betting on the trots a few years ago after Darryl Douglas gave 2 consecutive odds-on pops the most disgraceful drives you have ever seen. No suspensions, no stewards inquiry, nothing.
I have the dogs far, far ahead of the trots now, and I know there are still problems there, but at least you know the dog is trying (even if it is full of milk!!)

I've owned trotters and dogs all my life and I'm with you on the drift away from trotting with the biggest problem I see as being the incestuous nature of the sport.
Five Turnbulls in a race stretches the credibility a bit.
That's ignoring the intermarriage within the sport where sisters under married names are driving against(?) brothers, daughters against fathers, nieces against uncles and so on.

The dogs are way fairer and there is less and less fiddling with the dogs prior to races for a number of reasons:
* dogs will bust a gut every time...load them up on anything, under train them, over train them and you risk extreme physical damage to the dog..which have very very fine injury tolerance;
* city and provincial prize money is up..and will be much better if the current High Court challenge to the TAB distribution formula is successful...so the urge to make your money solely on the punt from a juiced up dog has diminished;
*the demise of the on course bookmaker has made following the money flow much easier for Stewards
*random multiple sampling at every meeting has made doping much more precarious.
*CCTV in the kennels and surrounds.

Of course there will always be the smarties out there but its getting harder and harder to for them to get at a dog.
The Dude Abides
kimbo View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 6:13pm
Wow that was the hottest drive i have seen in a long time although the McCarthys do come close with their team driving
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:25pm
Wagga on the Friday night, about 25th Oct. painting and Kenna good team driving.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:31am
race 7 last night wow weeee ... odds on pop gun run goes untouched to the line suss?

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=SP161114&ms=vic

Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 7:46am
Look at the form though Mowie it was the biggest unders/false fave I've seen in quite sometime. I actually potted it in the quad.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 10:36am
race 6 at Northam last night...winner wins by the length of the straight literally, and you guessed it the fav second..

what was weird about this win was this horse won by so far it was hard not to notice it, so when it's price of $16 came up on the screens you had to be immediately suspicious, I would be questioning the winner hardcore, and if it can't replicate that win again why not..??

http://www.tab.com.au/#!/nsw/racing/race-results-details/NORTHAM/Harness/6/16-Nov-2014
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:35pm
Happens all the time in harness. A C1 will work it's ass off to get the death, pour pressure on and win smashing the track record......after finishing midfield for it's last 20 odd starts. It then goes back to finishing midfield for it's next 20 starts. Not an eyebrow is raised.
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

race 7 last night wow weeee ... odds on pop gun run goes untouched to the line suss?

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=SP161114&ms=vic

worst part of that imo, was the hand up imo..showed no effort whatsover to hold
the lead..you just don't give the elad up that easily on a 3's on pop.
maybe to the 2nd fav if it's a 2 horse race ..but that's the only time it's acceptavle imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 5:34pm
+ if there's a sprint lane...following on to my previous post.

on the race fiddles posted...
i can't find results for that race, not divs, but times + margins..
i listened to the call, form the lick provided + he called that it won by a head..
so whats the length of the straight comment?
is that the ridght race?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Happens all the time in harness. A C1 will work it's ass off to get the death, pour pressure on and win smashing the track record......after finishing midfield for it's last 20 odd starts. It then goes back to finishing midfield for it's next 20 starts. Not an eyebrow is raised.

so true, see it every night...Confused
Panspermia.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:46am
do the drivers do form for each race, in the video I posted everybody would no bon jovi would lead an can't run out a soild 2100m so don't get stuck behind it duh,what does jack do? suss!!!

mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 7:47am
should say I rate jack as a clean good guy but maybe being with his other half the cheating has rubbed off
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 8:07am
the fav led + let bon jovi cross without burning any petrol..
handing up was a silly option...perhaps make it work + spread them out a bit
, so you can get off the fence + maybe even take the lead back..
but just to lean back + hand up the lead to a squib was very questionable, imo.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2014 at 10:43am
Guys Bon Jovi was droping from a C3-C4 to a R2-R4 whilst the fav was going up in class from an R1-R2. There is a HUGE difference in class between a C3-C4 and an R1-R2. The fav had already been attacked once and no doubt Bon Jovi would pull in the death if he didn't hand up. Also I noted when the fav did finally get the run it didn't find too much, the horse that was three back the fence gave it windburn in the last 50m. As it was he only got a few metres past Bon Jovi.  This was a perfect example of a horse that was way unders and should never have started so short. IMO.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2015 at 10:03pm
race 3 at Kilmore fiddlesticks!!! it's a c0 race the odds on pop from a drug stable sits out the back an doesn't get warm ahahaha
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2015 at 5:23pm
haha race 3 cobram today if that horse rainbow sue isn't on the gear I ain't alive
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 4:19pm
albion park rc 5 - major coup
drifts a  lot in betting - $1:40 - $2 ish..
driver had no interest whatsoever in winning the rc..
100% dodgie imo
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 5:25am
has run queried next to major coup in the results.
does that mean there's a chance of a penalty?
or that they asked him to explain himself?
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:48am
just explain himself that normally means and check betting records,  only rarely do they ban the jock, had a guy in vic get done twice for not trying,he got banded from driving for a month but kept training haha Higgins I think..
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 6:52am
ok thanks.

when they are racing for peanuts in prizemoney + the penalties for
dodginess are a joke, leaves the door wide open.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2017 at 1:53pm
race1 at kilmore today the 4 could not of been held back more unless it went backwards,at worst 3rd or 4th it should of ran, well backed  in the market late to Geek
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2019 at 7:16pm
race2 today at shepparton was a strange race/drive ...  20m ahead and goes the whip and breaks? Approve
 Post Reply Post Reply