Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 540>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:17pm
They'll adapt as they have in the past & natural selection will endure if allowed by humans.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Are the polar bears not important to their own ecosystems BROOKE?

Are you posing that question to BROOKE, he / she last posted on this forum in May 2019. Ouch

they are both the same person Bob. Do you think there could be 2 people in the world as crazy about hungary and conspiracy theories
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Are the polar bears not important to their own ecosystems BROOKE?

Are you posing that question to BROOKE, he / she last posted on this forum in May 2019. Ouch

they are both the same person Bob. Do you think there could be 2 people in the world as crazy about hungary and conspiracy theories

LOLLOLLOL
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:36pm
AA, now that you have outed the former Brooke do you have any others who have changed their nick ? Who was PT or SC in a previous life, and what about Doc ?
Here I was believing all these people were real , yet they could be nothing more than computer generated programs, randomly changing their nick and debating amongst themselves. [;)
What is the world coming to when I have been debating with a computer ?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:43pm
You wouldn’t be the first to have a mass debate online Bob.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 5:46pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:10pm
I didnt out Brooke, Marble did.
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 7:17pm

AA, now that you have outed the former Brooke do you have any others who have changed their nick ? Who was PT or SC in a previous life, and what about Doc ?
Here I was believing all these people were real , yet they could be nothing more than computer generated programs, randomly changing their nick and debating amongst themselves. [;)
What is the world coming to when I have been debating with a computer ?

Are you saying that Baghdad Bob is your real name?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 8:57pm
Typical of you PT, sniping  from the side, having a nick is not a crime, but having multiple nicks Confused . Are you arguing that I should use my real name ? I have ONE nick and have never changed since I joined over NINE years ago. What do others have to hide by changing or having multiple names, say ,when entering tipping competitions.
PT are you actually a computer generated program , you seem to be on line most of Australia's daylight hours ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:01pm
PT, maybe I should have said 24/7 rather than in most of Australia's daylight hours .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:52pm
Me sniping? I would have ignored you had you not dragged me into your conspiracy theory.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:56pm
Lol PT might change his nic but not his spots.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Spot On , Stayer  !!!!!Clap
Bob, most dont double up on Niks on purpose.   They do it because,,most of them,,get suspended for being norty, and when they keep on being norty and nasty, the mods kick them out of the village,  and so they sign up under a new Nik and hope it slides by the mods, and they get back on here to harass, abuse, and annoy .  Unlike other norty kids who just cop their punishment and do their time and come back under their usual name. And try, mostly, to be good.LOL  Thats difficult for a lot of us . 
Not saying this is what happened with PT tho.  Big smile
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:32pm
How the hell anyone could be kooky/ egotistical enough to get themselves banned on any kind of forum has always been a mystery to me. It's just a bunch of random peoplw talking crap for goodness sake. Who cares?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm
Well that about sums it up there, Stayer LOL  I couldnt care less what Whale calls me, or any of the others either.  I understand in the case of those who feel the need to belittle me its hard for them to be humble when they are perfect in every way Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

They'll adapt as they have in the past & natural selection will endure if allowed by humans.

Spoken like an intelligent thoughtful environmentalist.Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

You wouldn’t be the first to have a mass debate online Bob.

"Clean up in aisle 4"
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 12:01am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Bob, most dont double up on Niks on purpose.   They do it because,,most of them,,get suspended for being norty, and when they keep on being norty and nasty, the mods kick them out of the village,  and so they sign up under a new Nik and hope it slides by the mods, and they get back on here to harass, abuse, and annoy .  Unlike other norty kids who just cop their punishment and do their time and come back under their usual name. And try, mostly, to be good.LOL  Thats difficult for a lot of us . 

It's not easy being so nauseatingly nice ALL the time, is it aa! Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 9:14am
This was a letter in this morning's press, I could not have put it better..

I HAVE been doing a science experiment and can now report without fear of any contradiction that it is not the heat that causes the fire to spread, it is the fuel.

I started my gas barbecue and got the temperature up to 250C and the fire just stayed inside the barbecue.

I turned it up to full and got it up to 450C and the fire stayed inside the barbecue. I did this with the lid down and lid up for the same result.

I then turned it down to 150C and placed a stick and sausage on the hotplate and before long the stick caught fire and then that made the sausage to catch fire.

So we now know beyond all doubt that it is not the heat that causes bushfires to get out of control, it is the fuel load.

You would have to be a silly sausage not to understand that science. And an even sillier sausage not to clear the forest floor and keep it clear before the next bushfire.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

It's not easy being so nauseatingly nice ALL the time, is it aa! Wink

Dont be silly !  I am always nice.  Just  ask Whale LOL
animals before people.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:15am
I THINK IN 5 YEARS PEOPLE WILL GIVE UP THE IDEA THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS A DANGER .ALL THE BAD PREDICTIONS WILL NOT HAVE HAPPENED , THEY WILL WAKE UP THE WORLD IS NOT HEATING, THE SEA IS NOT RISING, THE ARCTIC IS NOT MELTING ,THE POLAR BEARS ARE THRIVING .   THEY WILL WAKE UP IT HAS ALL BEEN A HOAX .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:47am

Not saying this is what happened with PT thoBig smile

Correct AA. Under this nic I am not ''required'' to suffer the fools, of which there are many. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 11:48am
Well, that will put the dampers on Greta, and her looney parents,  wont it !!!  Thumbs Up
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

I THINK IN 5 YEARS PEOPLE WILL GIVE UP THE IDEA THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS A DANGER .ALL THE BAD PREDICTIONS WILL NOT HAVE HAPPENED , THEY WILL WAKE UP THE WORLD IS NOT HEATING, THE SEA IS NOT RISING, THE ARCTIC IS NOT MELTING ,THE POLAR BEARS ARE THRIVING .   THEY WILL WAKE UP IT HAS ALL BEEN A HOAX .

No, the warming is real, it is just NOT happening fast enough for the United Nations agenda ... and worse than that, it looks like it may never get any worse ... now THAT would be "CATASTROPHIC!!!" for their Globalism, destruction of capitalism and redistribution of wealth!Cry

That is why they have had to ramp up alarmism in the last couple of years - nothing is going right for them - the data proves that, and none of their predictions about rising sea levels and extinctions and increased volumes of major weather events, etc, etc ever seem to come true for them, and every time they lie about it, they get caught and they look just as desperate as they really are.

It is true though, you can only fool some of the people some of the time ... these fires were meant to be a God send for the alarmists, but it looks like they will instead be a catalyst for widespread understanding of the scam !Embarrassed

The interesting thing is that the exact same thing is happening in US politics with their Fake Impeachment ... the progressive left are losing on every front ... which is a massive win for humanity!Big smile

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 11:18am
There is every chance this piece of good news has gone in the wrong thread but here goes, weather wise whenever I look at a map of Queensland to check on rainfall I'm always drawn to Longreach for some unknown reason , their tough buggers out there and in the surrounds and they have been hurting due to lack of rain , most of the breeders have been sold off I'm led to believe so restocking is in the lap of the gods, like a lot of same down south who have been decimated by fire ( although much worse) they are at the mercy of Mother Nature who as we know can turn on a three penny bit, well in the last 4 days they have had 98mill. or 4 inches with more to come , nice work M.N.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 2:59pm
Shhhhh ... don't mention it Cari ... the "activist media" will be right onto that and point out wht a "CATSTROPHIC DISASTER!!!" it is because ... "CLIMATE CHANGE - RRRRREEEEEEE!!!"Wink
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

Um, that has already happened the last 5, 10, 15 etc years ago. People don't suddenly "wake up" when they invest so much of themselves into an idea. They defend it more than ever.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 9:37pm
There is a turning point, surely they cant keep on believing in it forever . They have to look at the facts .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 10:22pm
Dont worry Hatch.   Greta and her loonie parents are giving the world their facts as they see them.Wacko
Its up to the rest of the world as to wether we choose to believe them.
Climate change believers really do need to choose a different advocate , as most of the every day Mums and Dads see her as an absolute wacko manipulated by her parents.   As are the kids who wag school and go out protesting. 
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:32pm
Written by Graeme who owns the Saw Mill at Corriong

Never in my lifetime have I ever seen a bushfire become so political, with so much interference from city based experts! 

Australia is known for its bushfires, cyclones, droughts and flooding rains so what has changed this time? 
I believe we now have a new breed of people in this country that NEED TO BLAME somebody for every natural event that occurs and they have infiltrated our communities with their ideology! 

The majority in this country are the “Quiet Australians” who have seen it all happen before and know we will see it all happen again.
Our voice wasn’t being heard! We knew that the fuel load was too high, we knew that policy had changed allowing fuel reduction burns and we knew that protesting by minority groups was influencing decision making! 
Just back on June 20, 2019 I raised these issues in a Regional Forests Agreement meeting in Corryong with representatives from DELWP, Federal, State and local governments regarding the fuel load in National Parks, the blackberries and noxious weeds in State forests and Parks, the lack of maintenance of fire tracks, the lack of water storages in these areas and outlined that we had a ticking time bomb right under our noses! 

Climate Change didn’t light the fires in NSW and Victoria, lightning and arsonists did!! The fuel load was there and it was tinder dry from the drought. 

But now the SWAMP is rising and along with social media and mainstream media they are driving a tsunami of hate, of blame, of rebellion like we’ve never seen before! 

Everything that goes wrong has to be someone else’s fault!! 

They CRY Climate Change but then board an aeroplane to go overseas! 

The scientists are some of the worst hypocrites in this area! Fly to this climate conference and then to the next! 

Children are being indoctrinated in schools before they can even read and write, about politics, climate change, gender equality, sex and religion at such a young age and well before they can make their own judgments on any of these matters. 
This indoctrination then spreads like a virus and infects those who we thought were immune, until it becomes a plague of rebellion and uprising against those who are the quiet Australians. 

I might be old fashioned, but the Australia I knew as a kid was far better! 
We didn’t care where the power came from, as long as the toaster or the lights worked! 
We didn’t care if it was a drought as we knew every day was one closer to it raining! 
I battled the 1st of February 1969 bushfires in 45c heat as a 15 year old, I bent all the linkage arms on the tractor ploughing fire breaks, experienced the extreme heat of the fire, the lack of oxygen in my lungs, being too scared to sleep inside the house at 2am!
I saw the devastating loss of property, and the burying of dead stock. 

We didn’t have P2 masks or were told every 5 minutes of the what the air quality was!! We wet a handkerchief and  put it across our nose and mouth and tied a knot in the back and got on with it!! 

Then the chaos came again a few weeks later when torrential rains came and caused massive erosion and polluted our water, and 3 months later on the 5th of May we had cows dying of bloat as the grass was so prolific! 

THIS WILL ALL HAPPEN AGAIN!! 
This is the country we live in and know as Australia, NO politician can change it, NO Climate Change policy will either!
Humans caused this atrocity by their ignorance of nature and the history we have on record that could be used to prevent this occurring this bad ever again! 
Sorry about the rant but I’m not happy with the world right now!

Sent  by the wizard of modern technology through the eons of space travel to you personally

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 540>