Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 538>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
It is easy to forget Whale that the Greens are not in control of any state or federal govt in Australia and never have been. They cannot legislate anything. Easy scapegoats though, it seems.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It is easy to forget Whale that the Greens are not in control of any state or federal govt in Australia and never have been. They cannot legislate anything. Easy scapegoats though, it seems.

You're scaring them with facts.

https://greens.org.au/nsw/policies/bushfire-risk-management

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

The greenies have done an excellent job this time.  Half of NSW is on fire tonight.  All the way from Forster to Harrington to Port Macquarie, as well as Tenterfield, Armidale,  Walcha, west of Macksville, and the Blue Mts.  I just heard the news that everyone between Forster and Taree to the east of the highway must get out, NOW. We just stayed a few nights in Harrington and now they are fighting to save the place. The Koala Hospital at Port Macquarie estimate that approx 300 healthy koalas have been fried in one fire alone , that ripped thru a major colony .
Well done greenies.  You have a lot to answer for.

Yep, spot on aa - the most dangerous people to our ecology AND our economy are these unhinged, brainwashed, violent abusive Greens/Labor frauds ... it has nothing to do with climate or science ... the only honest ones are the Extinction Rebellion Mercenaries ... they openly take money to protest, and then admit that it is about political change ... Fcuk 'em I say!!!Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm
Hey Doc, what has happened to ScoMo's God?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Yep, more fraud.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Hey Doc, what has happened to ScoMo's God?

Come on, ScoMo broke the drought last week!

He was hoping to get some Greenies chained to tractors in Victoria, but even he can't do anything about that bloody miserable Melbourne weather!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

While you're at it blame the greenies for Black Friday Clown

No Whale, that was climate change!Wacko
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:46pm
... strange, since it wasn't even hot in the 1930's ... according to NASA ... since they changed their report ...

Black Friday 1939

The bushfires of 13 January 1939, known as the Black Friday fires, followed a long drought and a severe, hot, dry summer.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Not to mention you never see one of them out with the firies, or searching for injured animals either. They just sit in the city and carrry on about saving trees.

You know this how ?

You should get over your bitterness, you have a giant chip on your shoulder about city folk

The heat would melt the glue.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 6:58pm
From the brilliant David Rowe

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 7:22pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2019 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

The greenies have done an excellent job this time.  Half of NSW is on fire tonight.  All the way from Forster to Harrington to Port Macquarie, as well as Tenterfield, Armidale,  Walcha, west of Macksville, and the Blue Mts.  I just heard the news that everyone between Forster and Taree to the east of the highway must get out, NOW. We just stayed a few nights in Harrington and now they are fighting to save the place. The Koala Hospital at Port Macquarie estimate that approx 300 healthy koalas have been fried in one fire alone , that ripped thru a major colony .

Yep, spot on aa - the most dangerous people to our ecology AND our economy are these unhinged, brainwashed, violent abusive Greens/Labor frauds ... it has nothing to do with climate or science ... the only honest ones are the Extinction Rebellion Mercenaries ... they openly take money to protest, and then admit that it is about political change ... Fcuk 'em I say!!!Wink

I wasnt coming back here, but cant help myself.   Greenies/Labour,,,,Sick
They attempt to control things they have no idea about.
Who is it thats shutting down the TSRs ?   And why ???Confused
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:06am
Don't stop coming back AA.      We need all the facts to be aired often ...

Greenies breed like Rabbits you know .   One of the complications of a poor gene pool.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 8:18am
[

[/QUOTE]

So you are happy with the forest fires in Brazil, seeing that those evil greenies are against themThumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 9:04am

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

From a farmer: "These fire have started in national parks or state forest and as i found out by a national parks spokesman their fuel reduction policy is to burn 2% of land annually which if you work it out gives you 50 years of fuel load, so with current condition of course they will spread quickly and become so large.
It has noting to do with climate change but has to do with the way the authorities manage the parks, back in the 1900 when we last had conditions like this the scrub was either burn ed annually or grazed with stock and house where not built in the bush scrub.
The greens want fire permits 12 month of the year and for us to do environmental training and assessment before we could burn. With 1000s of ha burned if the animals didn’t burn then they will starve to death"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 9:09am
The Greens are not the government and both the NSW and Federal govt are refusing to answer media questions on policy.

Gladys on Sunday with the ''now is not the time'' line straight out of the NRA and it's apologists playbook every time there is a massacre.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 9:34am
The Greens made me do it.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 9:39am
The Greens didn't reject the Queensland govts request from Canberra for $11 million to fund more water bombing helicopters either.

Our helicopters are being spread thin due to their reciprocal arrangements with California who are also experiencing catastrophic and increasing fire season lengths and Qld wanted more helicopters to bridge the gap. Morrison said no.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:23pm
From a farmer: "These fire have started in national parks or state forest and as i found out by a national parks spokesman their fuel reduction policy is to burn 2% of land annually which if you work it out gives you 50 years of fuel load, so with current condition of course they will spread quickly and become so large.
It has noting to do with climate change but has to do with the way the authorities manage the parks, back in the 1900 when we last had conditions like this the scrub was either burn ed annually or grazed with stock and house where not built in the bush scrub.
The greens want fire permits 12 month of the year and for us to do environmental training and assessment before we could burn. With 1000s of ha burned if the animals didn’t burn then they will starve to death"
[/QUOTE]

Ties in perfectly Angry

Andrew McIntyre

To those of you who don’t know my background, I was born and raised in the Pinkett area, southeast of Glen Innes. Growing up I spent a great deal of time in the bush and river country east of us mustering cattle, including the Sara and Guy Fawkes river country. I was very fortunate to spend a lot of time with some great bushmen including uncles Bert and Kenny Williamson, Carl Gallagher, my Grandfather Archie Williamson and two of the most interesting and likeable bushmen I ever met in my life, Billy and Ernie Maskey.

Most of this eastern country that I am describing was forest lease with many different people having portions of this land to run their cattle. In late winter/early spring any areas that would burn were lit (the most important tool we would carry was a box of matches) and due to the cattle previously grazing this country and burning the previous year, the fires were very cold and slow burning and would mostly go out by themselves.

Most of this land is now National Park and is now under siege due to their poor management. The country has now been locked up with very little or no grazing allowed for many years with only minor hazard reduction taking place by the National parks. So when, not if, a fire gets going, it destroys everything in front of it, any living creature doesn’t stand a chance.

I have seen for myself many native animals living comfortably alongside the cattle and due to the previous management of these old bushmen, they could live without fear of fire and destruction in the way in which we see it now.

If any individual person were to destroy the environment and native animals the way in which the National parks are doing, they would be put in jail and so they should be. This is the most disgraceful form of management I have ever witnessed of pristine bush and river country, not to mention the cost to the taxpayer when the National Park decide they have to put out a fire that should have been lit at the correct time of year and let burn.

I realise we are in the middle of drought and some fires can’t be avoided, I feel very sorry for those people who have lost so much but due to some of the ridiculous laws put in place by some people that would not have any idea about the consequences of such laws, it makes it very difficult for people to do any kind of clearing or burning off, even if they want to because they are made out to be criminals for the prevention measures they undertake.

To those people blaming the greens for a lot of this destruction, remember they had a partner in crime when a lot of these ridiculous laws and National Parks were made... “The Labor Party”

To Barnaby Joyce and Adam Marshall how about coming and meeting some of us that know what is required to manage these areas and we can start a process that might minimise some of this destruction in the future.

This is not directed at local National Park employees but is most certainly directed at the people they answer to. Please feel free to share this because this mindless destruction has to stop. I would welcome an open argument from anyone who disagrees but remember I have seen this area before and after fire, before it was National Park and I’ve seen it before and after fire, after it became National Park.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 6:41pm

Pardon my scepticism but do you have a source for this claim, besides your unnamed farmer?Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:22pm
Fire services head honchos around Australia - commissioners and the like - are being outed as greenies and climate science warmists. Something just be done about it. Jonesy, Bolty, Peta, Rupert - get on to thst

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:32pm
Sorry tlaz, now is not the time to be talking about climate science, according to our ''just blame the Greens' govt.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:33pm
Tlaz -  easternfall grazing says: as above.

Anthony - Mount Barker, SA says:

Farmers in New England had their soils and vegetation tested, they had extreme levels of Aluminium and Barium in them. I suspect it will be the same for everywhere, with those levels we know they are flammable. Currently waiting for tests from the Yorke Peninsula and Riverina.

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Nov 2019 at 7:35pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:35pm
These are the letters sent by former NSW Fires Chief Greg Mullins and 22 other former emergency chiefs to the Prime Minister in April and September predicting a bushfire crisis
and requesting a meeting.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:36pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:36pm
They are yet to get a reply.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
I must be missing something PT. I though it was a well establish fact that Australias actions on Climate Change will have squat all impact on the global environment. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:39pm
One guess! No meeting transpired?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:42pm
Why did they wait to be "Former Chiefs" before writing the letter. That way THEY could have had a crack themselves.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 7:45pm
Probably all had their noses so for into the public trough they couldn't see the trees from the forest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 349350351352353 538>