Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 540>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:14pm
It's your comment prior to the wiki paste that earns the most Prententious Git award. Really?
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:17pm
Hey, Doc just gave climate science a huge compliment. Credit where it’s due. I was just clarifying for dim bulbs like you.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:19pm
Yup.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

High praise indeed Doc. Of course in general usage “theory” suggests speculative, whereas in the scientific realm theory (eg Evolution) refers to the most rigorous and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

Surprised you knew that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Holy cow. This is possibly the most definitive post of the Pretentious Git that I've ever seen. Hard to top.

Just another Climate Alarmist and their lies stayer... a scientific theory was never mentioned.

I stated that they are ALL theories, ie. SPECULATIONS, POSTULATIONS, CONJECTURES, etc.

... sorry Judge.

theory

noun
  1. a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
    "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    synonyms:hypothesisthesisconjecturesuppositionspeculation, postulation, postulatepropositionpremisesurmiseassumptionpresumptionpresuppositionnotionguesshunchfeelingsuspicionMore
    • a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.
      "a theory of education"
    • an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.
      "my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged"
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:27pm
Gee and here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. A “scientific theory was never mentioned”.

Every time I think you’re done shooting yourself in the foot, you always find another bullet in the chamber.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm
It's interesting that people are debating what "theory" means on this thread.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 5:33pm

Gee and here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. A “scientific theory was never mentioned”.

Every time I think you’re done shooting yourself in the foot, you always find another bullet in the chamber.

Oh I'm sorry "Climate Scientists" are like real scientists, are they?

... and here I was thinking that they claim the "science is settled" and anyone who disagrees is a "denier" - you know, like zealots and mercenaries.Wink  

You lose.Embarrassed
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:28pm

High praise indeed Doc. Of course in general usage “theory” suggests speculative, whereas in the scientific realm theory (eg Evolution) refers to the most rigorous and comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

Surprised you knew that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

Holy cow. This is possibly the most definitive post of the Pretentious Git that I've ever seen. Hard to top.

Just have to see that again... That's the best dressmaker comment I've ever seen on a forum, ever. From "whereas in the Scientific realm" onwards...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 6:42pm
Sorry stayer. No really. My iPad setting doesn’t have autocorrect for gormless halfwits like you. What was I thinking?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:10pm

Sorry stayer. No really. My iPad setting doesn’t have autocorrect for gormless halfwits like you. What was I thinking?

"Gormless" is a new word for Rusty. A word best avoided in real-world conversation.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2018 at 7:16pm

Which God do you believe in Judge ...   There's a lot to choose from.

FLANNERY , How do we ever forget the man who was Put on the pedestal of climate change supporters.      No Shame in you as his falling on his face , did nothing to to your levels of brain power.

Climates change in cycles ...   Cop that sweet and get on with life .   Stop letting these false ideas wreck our economy , lives and future.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 4:38am

"Gormless" is a new word for Rusty. A word best avoided in real-world conversation.

Ok let’s go with “avoid”, now you mention it. As far as I can see that’s what you do when it comes posting anything of actual substance in here. For the number of times you post, it’s remarkable how little you actually contribute to anything.

Maybe you’re finally tired of being pointless in the Trump thread and you’d thought you’d give it a go over here.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:26am
To all the school kids going on "strike" for Climate Change.

You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.

You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.

You spend all day and night on electronic devices.

More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy.

Your entertainment comes from electric devices.

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this...

Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.

Walk or ride to school.

Switch off your devices and read a book.

Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.

No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little turds, inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”

Wake up, grow up and shut up until you are sure of the facts before protesting.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:54am
that so so true macca.

look around the burbs, especially the new ones.

not a tree in sight, to cool the house, so every house has an air conditioner. Even more required now in rising temperatures.

no trees to cool the ozone layers, create clouds for rain etc etc 

CHINA, land develpoers, air condition sales, etc etc laughing all the way to the bank, and wrecking the climate/world along the way
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 10:59am
How is China's moon building program going Isaac?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 11:42am
dont know pt.

your obsessed with it.

you tell me.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:25pm
It was posted in your China thread.

Do you read it?

Anyway, they are building artificial moons to reflect light to do away with night time street lighting. How clever is that? How much in power cost and in emissions will be saved?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:29pm
It isn't a bad thread Isaac, some interesting stuff in it. It has 180,000 views someone said.

You should check it out.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

To all the school kids going on "strike" for Climate Change.

You are the first generation who have required air-conditioning in every classroom.

You want TV in every room and your classes are all computerised.

You spend all day and night on electronic devices.

More than ever, you don't walk or ride bikes to school but arrive in caravans of private cars that choke suburban roads and worsen rush hour traffic.

You are the biggest consumers of manufactured goods ever and update perfectly good expensive luxury items to stay trendy.

Your entertainment comes from electric devices.

Furthermore, the people driving your protests are the same people who insist on artificially inflating the population growth through immigration, which increases the need for energy, manufacturing and transport.

The more people we have, the more forest and bushland we clear and more of the environment is destroyed.

How about this...

Tell your teachers to switch off the air-con.

Walk or ride to school.

Switch off your devices and read a book.

Make a sandwich instead of buying manufactured fast food.

No, none of this will happen because you are selfish, badly educated, virtue signalling little turds, inspired by the adults around you who crave a feeling of having a "noble cause" while they indulge themselves in Western luxury and unprecedented quality of life.”

Wake up, grow up and shut up until you are sure of the facts before protesting.

Acknowledgement ?

Too articulate for Macca to have written  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 12:57pm
It is from acclaimed climate scientist Pooorleen LOL

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 1:03pm
Pauline didn't write it Shocked

A monkey tapping a keyboard has more chance of writing a Shakespeare play LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 1:55pm
We who post late in the night are evolving into nocturnal beings to deal with Climate change.
Whale is of the Koala breed ( sleeps 22 hours a day ).      I think we all know what he does with the other 2 hours .      Times Doc's posts and stirs up his Censored

Edited by Gay3 - 25 Dec 2018 at 9:09am
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 2:20pm
I thought jokes suggesting someone Censored a lot were funny when I was 16.

Edited by Gay3 - 25 Dec 2018 at 9:10am
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 3:09pm
The flog that wrote that absolves the generation that parented the children from all blame.

According to the flog It is the children that 'demand' air conditioning in every classroom.  It is the children who 'demand' to be chauffeur driven to school.  The children who put a TV in every room.  It is apparently the children who created, manufactured, and marketed all those electronic devices. And it is the children's fault that they are supposedly selfish, badly educated, 'virtue -signalling' (WETF that means) little turds.  

The whole diatribe absolves the children's parents from all blame.  It's all the kid's fault.  

You can bet your boots the flog that wrote it was a baby boomer cusping Gen X, the very generation that actually demanded class rooms be air conditioned, that refused to allow their children the liberty to walk or ride to school, who put a TV in every room, who created manufactured and marketed all those electronic devices to the children, who provided the kids with their bad education.

Now confronted with the world they have created for their children he wants to blame the children for it. 

Another petrified middle class white man scared gelatiless that the world has gotten away from him and he wants to go back.  

A flog, first class. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2018 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It was posted in your China thread.

Do you read it?

Anyway, they are building artificial moons to reflect light to do away with night time street lighting. How clever is that? How much in power cost and in emissions will be saved?

you posted about the moon.

i didnt bother because of negativity  from astrophysicists and organisations such as PETA; not good for nocturnal life. etc
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

The flog that wrote that absolves the generation that parented the children from all blame.

According to the flog It is the children that 'demand' air conditioning in every classroom.  It is the children who 'demand' to be chauffeur driven to school.  The children who put a TV in every room.  It is apparently the children who created, manufactured, and marketed all those electronic devices. And it is the children's fault that they are supposedly selfish, badly educated, 'virtue -signalling' (WETF that means) little turds.  

The whole diatribe absolves the children's parents from all blame.  It's all the kid's fault.  

You can bet your boots the flog that wrote it was a baby boomer cusping Gen X, the very generation that actually demanded class rooms be air conditioned, that refused to allow their children the liberty to walk or ride to school, who put a TV in every room, who created manufactured and marketed all those electronic devices to the children, who provided the kids with their bad education.

Now confronted with the world they have created for their children he wants to blame the children for it. 

Another petrified middle class white man scared gelatiless that the world has gotten away from him and he wants to go back.  

A flog, first class. 

with your response no wonder the world wars with itself.

do you actually have the answer

or do we just continue to blame each other.?

the generation coming after you will blame you for not helping.

thought about that?

stop buying chinese rubbish would be a start.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 9:28am
I am not the flog who decided the world's problems were the fault of it's children.  
The subtext of my post is for flogs like him to take some personal responsibility.  
The children don't make the world - they inherit it.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 7:07pm
I agree 100% with Tontonan, and have said it before, this was tantamount to child abuse.

Those children were indoctrinated by brainwashed left-wing zealots both at home and in the classroom and then exploited by parading them like trained monkeys in front of the media - if people don't find that disturbing, it is a worry ... put it this way, could you imagine the outcry if these kids were Pro-Adani Climate Skeptics???Cry

The teachers should have been sacked, and a parent brought before child services.

There is very little difference between what is being done to these kids and what was done to the Hitler Youth ... the perpetrators share the same frenzied, blinkered arrogance and elitist bias and bigotry.Evil Smile
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2018 at 9:27pm
If the teachers just did what they get paid to do, which is teach kids how to read and write and spell, firstly, and not be stuffing them full of their own ideas, it would be better.   Kids are easily influenced by adults, and teachers shouldnt be taking them off on protest marches !!!  Geez, half of them couldnt make a sensible statement about what they were marching for, let alone get the spelling correct on their placards.  Embarrassed
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2018 at 12:38am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

If the teachers just did what they get paid to do, which is teach kids how to read and write and spell, firstly, and not be stuffing them full of their own ideas, it would be better.   Kids are easily influenced by adults, and teachers shouldnt be taking them off on protest marches !!!  Geez, half of them couldnt make a sensible statement about what they were marching for, let alone get the spelling correct on their placards.  Embarrassed

I Think Adolf's fanatical followers were a result of what teachers in schools brain washed kids with.      . We know what a disaster that turned out to be .
Much the same faces us today , on many fronts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 298299300301302 540>