Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 540>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

what caused climate change before man appeared on this Earth ?

Martians ??

maybe Klingons ???

(64 / 11944 - that is a consensus)

Panspermia.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:01pm
I take it you don't believe the climate changed on Earth before man appeared ?
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:03pm

Is that the issue?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:03pm
graphic
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:04pm

of course it changed, I have posted umpteen videos on this site about origins of life, the story of Earth etc etc...I'm up to speed with most of it.....the question is ARE YOU...?????

Panspermia.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Is that the issue?
yes it is the issue ............ you don't see that ?

you are claiming that man has caused the Earth to warm ....... well what caused it to warm before man ?

answer the question if you can ......... and my offer to convert to your religion is still on if you can tell me how many underwater volcanoes there are on Earth ......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:06pm

graphic

University of Alabama...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

GOLD...!!!!

Panspermia.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 5:55pm
http://www.skepticalscience.com/skeptic_John_Christy.htm

By the way, the result still remains a very significant one.  Just think of the amount of energy required to warm the globe on average 0.5 degrees.  Try and open all of the doors and windows in your house, and turn your airconditioner on and see how much of a difference it makes to the overall temperature.
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:01pm

Is that the issue?

you are claiming that man has caused the Earth to warm ....... well what caused it to warm before man ?

answer the question if you can ......... and my offer to convert to your religion is still on if you can tell me how many underwater volcanoes there are on Earth ......

Clap Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:01pm
I've been trying to tell these lot for ages small increase in global temperatures means big problems elsewhere....the chain of events it sets off is huge.

This whole world we live on only came to be due to micro changes in temperature, allowing for chemistry to make it's run for glory...life..!

Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

Clap Clap

what are you clapping at, don't tell me you're from Alabama too...??

Panspermia.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:06pm
Has the University of Alabama been caught fudging data ? Does Michael Mann work there now ?

Volcanoes ............. how many underwater ???
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:07pm

Is that the issue?

Great to see that we are all on the same page now Hollywood.

No one is arguing that climate has not changed before.  We know of many examples of catastrophic climate change that has led to mass extinctions.  Even the bible tells of a great flood.  

What we can all marvel at is man's ability to pollute the environment to such an extent as to be able to replicate the effects of catastrophic events without the need for the event itself.  

The argument is often one of entitlement in that we seem to think that we have the right to commit such destruction.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:08pm
She is applauding Hollywood not only not being on the right page, but reading from an entirely different book. That is what they have come down to. No facts so argue something irrelevant and off topic and declare yourself the winner
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:09pm
Brooke was clapping at the questions I asked but you are unable to answer ....... so you just ignore them ........... that is your answer ....... turn ablind eye to the truth and believe the proven liar Michael Mann ......

Hide The Decline !!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:10pm
Volcanoes are irrelevant ??
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:11pm

To the question of whether man has caused the 1.3C increase in the last 100years....yes it is irrelevant
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Progold Progold wrote:

Is that the issue?

Great to see that we are all on the same page now Hollywood.

No one is arguing that climate has not changed before.  We know of many examples of catastrophic climate change that has led to mass extinctions.  Even the bible tells of a great flood.  

What we can all marvel at is man's ability to pollute the environment to such an extent as to be able to replicate the effects of catastrophic events without the need for the event itself.  

The argument is often one of entitlement in that we seem to think that we have the right to commit such destruction.
So man is a greater force than Mother Nature and the Sun......... talk about putting tags on yourself ......

FYI ...... the Earth existed well before man arrived and will continue well after man is gone ..... no matter what we do .....
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:14pm

To the question of whether man has caused the 1.3C increase in the last 100years....yes it is irrelevant
You have now proved that you know nothing about the subjest and no matter how much you cut and paste it is you that is irrelevant .........
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:26pm

Yet still no [proof that man is responsible.
Just a consensus of people who agree with someone's opinion without doing their own research.Confused

Pretty ordinary stuff that.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:28pm
Hollywood...why do you need to know the number of underwater volcanoes...???

so they are a important and integral cog in earths varying climate over vast periods of time, surely we are all up to speed and agree, but how is the number of them relevant to this discussion...?

Panspermia.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Hollywood...why do you need to know the number of underwater volcanoes...???

so they are a important and integral cog in earths varying climate over vast periods of time, surely we are all up to speed and agree, but how is the number of them relevant to this discussion...?

goodness me .................. you have also now confirmed that you know nothing about the subject..... only what your self serving gods tell you .....

rather than I spoon feed you do your own research and tell me if volcanoes are not relevant in this debate .............
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:37pm
now now...take a breath, I asked why is the NUMBER of them relevant...you cannot continue to be cryptic here and everyone know what the heck you're on about, stop bleating about the bush and come out with it...
Panspermia.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:45pm
An earth may exist after we go, but is it the same one?  Hollywood, do you seriously doubt that mankind could cause a mass distinction of the planet within hours rendering the planet largely uninhabitable?  Our species has come to dominate our environment like nothing before, and are capable of matching nature's destruction.   We are just killing it more slowly than we could.

No doubt your infatuation with volcanoes stems from the website http://www.iceagenow.com/.  In response, if you want another more serious view on the effects of volcanoes, have a look here http://www.earthmagazine.org/article/voices-volcanic-versus-anthropogenic-carbon-dioxide-missing-science?page=1.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 6:59pm
Some good readings there Progold...

I particularly liked this part...

According to the Environmental Protection Agency, the average carbon dioxide emission rate from coal-fired power generation in the United States is 1.02 metric tons per megawatt-hour. So, 1.02 metric tons of carbon dioxide per megawatt-hour, times 1,000 megawatts, times 24 hours per day, times 365 days per year, equals 8,935,200 metric tons of carbon dioxide per year. Thus, one of these submarine hot springs allegedly generates “far more” than 9 million metric tons of carbon dioxide per year — or far more than three times the annual baseline output of Kilauea Volcano in Hawaii! Just 12 of these hot springs would exceed carbon dioxide emission rate estimates for the entire 65,000-kilometer-long mid-ocean ridge system.

To scale up volcanic carbon dioxide output to the current anthropogenic level would require adding thousands of volcanoes to the 50 to 60 normally active volcanoes of the subaerial landscape and more than a hundred additional mid-ocean ridge systems to the seafloor.

Global volcanic carbon dioxide emission estimates contain uncertainties and are variable, but there is virtually no doubt that volcanism adds far less carbon dioxide to the oceans and atmosphere than humans.

Panspermia.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 7:36pm
If climate change is man made, then in 1991 there would have been a very large spike in carbon emissions causing global warming. It would then have slowly started to deplete.
'Man made' war is the reason for the burning of 1.5 billion barrels of oil in the Kuwaiti desert which burned from January through to November.

Even though in 1945 when the US bombed Japan there was a spike.

Could radiation have something to do with global warming and climate change?
It would appear so. After all, the sun's flares send out radiation that can send satellites from their orbit and cut power in major cities.

Emissions from industry compared to Kuwait's oil fields is a drop in the ocean.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 7:45pm
http://www.stabb.net/Photos/BobStabb-Weirdo.jpg
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 7:48pm
                             *BEWARE SOLAR FLARES*
            *WARNING THIS IS WHAT THEY CAN DO TO YOU*
http://img.izismile.com/img/img5/20121107/640/reallife_weirdos_640_58.jpg

DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU, SAY NO TO GLOBAL WARMING..!!!

Panspermia.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 8:55pm
so how many underwater volcanoes are there ?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2014 at 8:56pm
Don't these alarmists hate being educated ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111112113114115 540>