Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 540>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 5:37pm
Fiddles, you are buying into a massive carbon credit scam.
They are creating a new stock market, based on carbon credit, carbon fraud, carbon trading.

Talk to me about clean air, hydroponic farming towers, green cars, green energy, based solely on the fact that carbon monoxide is a poison and pollution, and we should all push for a healthy planet, with healthy air, and as little pollution as possible, and I will listen to you.

But your grandstanding about carbon dioxide, carbon taxes, climate" change', sorry mate, but its all a big scam.

I too share the common goal, as do most of us. We all want decent forestation, healthy water, healthy air, mineralised foods, and a planet thats healthy for millions of years.
But some crony fraudulent tax, based on a lie, isnt the way to go about it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:05pm

"Global warming is actually a faith. Let Rev.  Dr. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite, Professor of Theology at the snow-bound Chicago Theological Seminary, demonstrate:

Hell is normally depicted as a “lake of fire,” as in Revelation 20:10. This week in the Midwest, however, Hell is likely to look more like lakes of ice, as dangerous cold from a polar vortex, brings “wind chills [that] could hit 50, 60 or even 70 below zero.” The Great Lakes will likely freeze over and prolong an already very cold winter.

This is the chilling effect of global warming…

Simply put, the Christian theological argument must start with our sinful failure to take care of the creation, as God intends (Gen. 2:15). Instead, we are trashing the planet and changing its climate primarily through the fossil fuel emissions.

Sin against the creation abounds…

The climate is where the weird things are. You may not know the cause, but everybody knows the weather sure has gotten weird. Weird is threatening. Weird is scary.

And you should be scared.

In history, artists have portrayed scenes of the fiery Hell as very scary. Today, there is a Hell coming toward us, but it is a frigid apocalypse, brought on by our own sinful disregard of the planet.

The future prospects are chilling.

When freezing is warming, emissions a “sin against the creation”, and “the climate is where the weird things are” you know you have left the world of reason and facts no longer count. You will not change such a believer’s faith until hell freezes over, and, as we see, probably not even then."

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Your not supposed to make it difficult Fiddles.
I'm your only hope now Hatch has stopped praying for you.
    I love my jokes , I wet myself at times.

are you one of the bed wetters the Coolum kid refers to ?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

I would consider him much more knowlegable on climate change than Michael Mann or Flannery ..... both of them should be in jail .........

knowledgeable   Confused

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:27pm

"Global warming is actually a faith. Let Rev.  Dr. Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite, Professor of Theology at the snow-bound Chicago Theological Seminary, demonstrate:

Hell is normally depicted as a “lake of fire,” as in Revelation 20:10. This week in the Midwest, however, Hell is likely to look more like lakes of ice, as dangerous cold from a polar vortex, brings “wind chills [that] could hit 50, 60 or even 70 below zero.” The Great Lakes will likely freeze over and prolong an already very cold winter.

Simply put, the Christian theological argument must start with our sinful failure to take care of the creation, as God intends (Gen. 2:15). Instead, we are trashing the planet and changing its climate primarily through the fossil fuel emissions.

The climate is where the weird things are. You may not know the cause, but everybody knows the weather sure has gotten weird. Weird is threatening. Weird is scary.

In history, artists have portrayed scenes of the fiery Hell as very scary. Today, there is a Hell coming toward us, but it is a frigid apocalypse, brought on by our own sinful disregard of the planet.

When freezing is warming, emissions a “sin against the creation”, and “the climate is where the weird things are” you know you have left the world of reason and facts no longer count. You will not change such a believer’s faith until hell freezes over, and, as we see, probably not even then."

You're quoting a reverend now...??

oh my....this is too funny.

Panspermia.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:38pm
you believer you ......
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:40pm
we're going to the Chapel (St) .......

and we're going to get ........
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

You're quoting a reverend now...??

oh my....this is too funny.

I think the thing that largely pi$$es you off fiddles, is that some of us believe in God, more than we believe in you.
Amd thats said in the nicest tone possible for such a statement.
I think you find it agitating that the global warming spiel isnt registering with us.
Ive done my own studies on it, and Ive concluded its a scam, and sadly, its taking away attention from REAL problems, like pollution, carbon monoxide, and free radicals that cause cancer.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:13pm
Ive done my own studies on it, and Ive concluded its a scam

No doubt you have published your findings in an appropriate journal, brooke .... along with the other conspiracies like the Moon Landing and 9/11.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:13pm
Blimey, I didn't realise...best get down to my local parish and register for a brain transplant then..
Panspermia.
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Progold Progold wrote:

No doubt you have published your findings in an appropriate journal, brooke .... along with the other conspiracies like the Moon Landing and 9/11.  

You mean the conspiracy that they did land on the moon, and the conspiracy theory that fire smashed down 3 huge steele buldings on the same day? LOL
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Al Gore = not qualified = cannot use his evidence.

simples.

If you exclude Harvard.

In his senior year, he took a class with oceanographer and global warming theorist Roger Revelle, who sparked Gore's interest in global warming and other environmental issues
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:36pm
Yes Brooke, those conspiracies .... apparently.

Do tell us though some of this research that you so carefully conducted.  I am extremely curious seeing as there has not been one accredited published work that has been forthcoming to date that questions the scientific consensus of global warming.  I am also a little curious that you can't seem to make a link between pollution, deforestation and global warming.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 8:02pm
consensus ....... scientific consensus ....... no consensus ........ research it yourself ......

accredited by whom ?

according to you global warming is responsible for everything "bad" ..... there are no other reasons ....

do you think we can control the Sun ?

do you think that we have any influence on the Sun ?

is there any scientific proof or evidence that we can and do control the Sun ?

if there is then please make sure it's accredired and that a consensus exists that it is so ......
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by BROOKE BROOKE wrote:

You mean the conspiracy that they did land on the moon, and the conspiracy theory that fire smashed down 3 huge steele buldings on the same day? LOL

steel buildings
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 8:23pm

Yes Brooke, those conspiracies .... apparently.

Do tell us though some of this research that you so carefully conducted.  I am extremely curious seeing as there has not been one accredited published work that has been forthcoming to date that questions the scientific consensus of global warming.  I am also a little curious that you can't seem to make a link between pollution, deforestation and global warming.

You are on a collision course now with Fiddles anyway, because he believes the moon landing was a hoax.

There are literally thousands of scientists who have been sacked for doubting global warming data and the theory of carbon dioxide.
that in itself is "strange".
you dont silence, or sack, a scientist, for critical thinking.
If you dont believe this has happened, here, or overseas, contact 3AW radio melbourne, they had a guest on the other day, who was sacked, so were his colleagues.
Progold View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:14am
So, from this latest precise, the arguments against Climate Change are:

1.  There is no concensus
2. The Sun is causing Climate Change
3. Thousands of Scientists have been sacked for not supporting a Climate Change consensus.

In response just quickly

1.  Here is a list of just some of the organisations who support the idea that Global Warming is most likely caused by human activity.  Although there are two different arguments in whether Global Warming is occuring, and whether it is a result of human activity, these organisations support both ideas.

2. The Sun is causing Global Warming.  Firstly, this acknowledges that Global Warming is occuring.  Secondly, while there is a lot we do not know about the Sun and its influence on climate, most studies conclude that while it appears that the Sun influenced warming in the early part of the 20th century, it has had little influence in the last few decades, and in fact the climate should be showing cooling in this period.  The conclusion is that other factors are currently influencing climate change.

3. It is hardly worth responding to this claim.  Our current Government policy would seem to support a reduction of scientists across the board, and newspaper reports have suggested a razor gang recommended around a 1400 person reduction in staffing for CSIRO.  Seeing as our current PM is a climate change denier, a link between staff reductions and climate change is spurious at best.  This claim though has been repeated for a number of years without any evidence so we have two different governments with two different aims both agreeing to sack scientists who do not support global warming.  Personally, I would be surprised if you could find a handful of scientists who deny global warming, so to say that thousands have been sacked for this reason is probably drawing a long bow.  This is without any question as to the competence of these scientists, and of course accepting that 3AW is at the leading edge of news internationally.

If that is all there is, then I think we should move on.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:19am

Scientists baffled as Sun activity falls to century low

THE Sun’s activity has plummeted to a century low, baffling scientists and possibly heralding a new mini-Ice Age.

"I've been a solar physicist for 30 years, and I've never seen anything quite like this," Richard Harrison, head of space physics at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire, told the BBC.

"If you want to go back to see when the Sun was this inactive... you've got to go back about 100 years," he said.

The lull is particularly surprising because the Sun has reached its solar maximum, the point in its 11-year cycle where activity is at its peak.

The lacklustre climax also follows a solar minimum – the period when the Sun’s activity troughs – that was longer and lower than had been anticipated.

Mike Lockwood, professor of space environment physics at the University of Reading, told the BBC there was a significant chance that the Sun could become increasingly quiet.

He compared the current circumstances to the latter half of the 17th Century, when the sun went through an extremely quiet phase referred to as the Maunder Minimum.

That era of solar inactivity coincided with bitterly cold winters to Europe, where the Baltic Sea and London's River Thames froze over. Conditions were so harsh that some described it as a mini-Ice Age.

Solar Flare

Solar lull... The Sun hasn't been this quiet in 100 years, scientists say. Picture: NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory

Prof Lockwood says we may see a repeat if the Sun continues to dip, positing that the results would be dominantly felt in Europe due to the flow of an air current in the upper atmosphere that can drive the weather.

"It's a very active research topic at the present time, but we do think there is a mechanism in Europe where we should expect more cold winters when solar activity is low," he said.

• 1 DAY AGO JANUARY 19, 2014 2:36AM
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:36am
someone define solar activity for me..??

Panspermia.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:38am
Scamanda is our resident sun spot correspondent. 

I would be interested to know why we are having repeated heat record years in a period of reported solar inactivity 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

I would be interested to know why we are having repeated heat record years in a period of reported solar inactivity 

I was going to go down that road too, as it's quite obvious, but I stopped short because I want to clarify what solar activity actually is first..

I shall await the expert then..Tongue
Panspermia.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 8:51am
Probably a Federal Reserve thingWink Their reach has no bounds
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 10:25am
One article on low sun ACTIVITY means diddlie squat.

There have been 3 X class solar flares so far this month, 3 times more than 2013.

Fiddles is the self promoted expert on X class flares , remember? He was the one saying we only had M class flares in 2013. Wait a minute I feel a ROLMFAO coming on.

Everything on Earth is governed by the sun. Without it we would all die, if it sends out 9.9 X class solar flares we can be sent into darkness through loss of power, and still people think it's just that shiny thing up in the sky.

Progold keeps reminding BROOKE that climate change is real. Hello, everyone knows that, but there is still no proof that it is man made. Only a deluded alarmist would consider himself or herself more powerful than the sun.

And carbon emissions? Our outer atmosphere protects us from solar flares. The more CO2 in the outer atmosphere the better the reflector the atmosphere becomes.

Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 10:29am
Everything is determined by the sun in conjunction with our atmosphere which filters its effects and dilutes its strength. 

Breaking down our atmosphere is the issue, not so much the strength of the sun

If the radiator in your car gets gummed up and stops cooling, what happens to your car?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

One article on low sun ACTIVITY means diddlie squat.

There have been 3 X class solar flares so far this month, 3 times more than 2013.

Fiddles is the self promoted expert on X class flares , remember? He was the one saying we only had M class flares in 2013. Wait a minute I feel a ROLMFAO coming on.....errrrr, now now stop putting words in my mouth, I'll ask you to go back and find exactly where I said that, don't be lying now, you posted an article, and I simply chuckled that the flare in question in your post was a small flare comparatively as that is exactly what the article inferred...GO READ IT.

Everything on Earth is governed by the sun. Without it we would all die, if it sends out 9.9 X class solar flares we can be sent into darkness through loss of power, and still people think it's just that shiny thing up in the sky.

Progold keeps reminding BROOKE that climate change is real. Hello, everyone knows that, but there is still no proof that it is man made. Only a deluded alarmist would consider himself or herself more powerful than the sun.

And carbon emissions? Our outer atmosphere protects us from solar flares. The more CO2 in the outer atmosphere the better the reflector the atmosphere becomes.

Since when is all pollution just straight out CO2 ...?

Panspermia.
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:33am
Done a google search on a completely different topic and somehow this was on the first page.

Not sure how I feel about the article but worth a read.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9057151/carry-on-warming/
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Grinnersawinner Grinnersawinner wrote:

Done a google search on a completely different topic and somehow this was on the first page.

Not sure how I feel about the article but worth a read.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/features/9057151/carry-on-warming/

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:44am
Cheese and Rice you have a good job Grinners.
!!.30 on a Monday morning and your on a forum.
The boss is on his golf day and has left you in charge.
CEO status.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 11:44am
Cheese and Rice you have a good job Grinners.
!!.30 on a Monday morning and your on a forum.
The boss is on his golf day and has left you in charge.
CEO status.
BROOKE View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BROOKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

Even though america just recorded its coldest decade in recorded history, and europe has been freezing their backsides off,,,,,, browndog, why would you be so offended if the earth warmed up a bit anyway?
Canada would love it?
I wouldnt care if it warmed up more.
The ocean isnt going to swallow you up. Its just fine.
Frankly, I hate winter. I would love the days to be longer, warmer, brighter.
Bring on the vitamin D.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 109110111112113 540>