Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 538>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 4:24pm
‘Relevance Deprivation Syndrome’.
Is it contagious Doc?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 5:16pm
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 5:21pm
Who is Rita Panihi?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 5:53pm
As if you did not know, Rita Panahi is an Iranian Australian  columnist. She works for The Herald and Weekly Times, a subsidiary of News Corp Australia and is host of The Friday Show on Sky News and is a contributor to Sunrise on the Seven Network. She is on the radio at 3AW and 2GB.

Wow !!!!! NewsCorp, Sky News & 2GB....how will you cope, no ABC, Fairfax or The Guardian there .
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

‘Relevance Deprivation Syndrome’.
Is it contagious Doc?

No it's not contagious. Typically it can lay dormant in former high profile individuals for years, even decades ... often "triggered" by a major catastrophe or event that brings on an uncontrollable urge for them to get in front of a camera or a keyboard and say something, regardless of the fact that they are completely ignorant to the subject matter. It is incurable.

Even though you show many of the symptoms, you can rest assured you are not a sufferer softy ... it only manifests in individuals who have previously reached some level of competence and recognition in their field of endeavour, no matter how minor. Your's could be described as "phantom symptoms" ... You're welcome ... you will be bulk billing I assume?Wink
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

As if you did not know, Rita Panahi is an Iranian Australian  columnist. She works for The Herald and Weekly Times, a subsidiary of News Corp Australia and is host of The Friday Show on Sky News and is a contributor to Sunrise on the Seven Network. She is on the radio at 3AW and 2GB.

Wow !!!!! NewsCorp, Sky News & 2GB....how will you cope, no ABC, Fairfax or The Guardian there .

Is she on a terror watch list with all the ''troubles'' at the moment?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 9:26pm
Since she is a refugee wh has constantly renounced Islam and Iran as a danger to the World whilst under the rule of the mullahs, she has had many death threats ... I assume that many of her detractors would be on terror watch lists though ... you may want to take care how you vilify her PT or you might join your local barista on that list ...Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 7:01am
You mean all Islamic terrorists have to do is declare they are Lie-beral RWNJs,will tell lies for Murdoch and they are all good? No further police scrutiny.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 11:31am
It's cold today, lets march and protest
EAD
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:11am
Could be the start of a Little Ice Age Tiger!!! ... is one day of data sufficient? ... would think so if you pay the right money to the right Mad Scientists ...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

You mean all Islamic terrorists have to do is declare they are Lie-beral RWNJs,will tell lies for Murdoch and they are all good? No further police scrutiny.

Why would you make fun of an Iranian woman who have been a victim of Islam and was resourceful enough to escape ... why would you be so hateful and wish to deny her refuge?Confused

... oh, sorry, a Conservative Iranian woman ... got it!Wink 

So nothing to do with you being a racist misogynist and a Radical Islamic Terror Apologist ... your just an arrogant, hateful, divisive, left wing nutter.Big smile

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:36am
"I'm not willing to put someone's job at risk, a region's future at risk. I'm not going to put up their electricity prices to do it, I'm not going to put a tax on them to do it."

Coalmo

That is a perfect summary of the Australian electorate on anthropogenic global warming to date - we are gravely concerned about it but if it costs me anything in the short term, no matter what the longer term risk of inaction is, then count me out . No wonder he won the election. He understands how full of it Australians are.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 10:35am
Well it's official ( at least according to the ABC) , 2019 was the driest and warmest since 1910.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 12:01pm
Before much longer the ABC will be preaching that the current Australia Cricket Team is the best since 1910Smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"I'm not willing to put someone's job at risk, a region's future at risk. I'm not going to put up their electricity prices to do it, I'm not going to put a tax on them to do it."

Coalmo

That is a perfect summary of the Australian electorate on anthropogenic global warming to date - we are gravely concerned about it but if it costs me anything in the short term, no matter what the longer term risk of inaction is, then count me out . No wonder he won the election. He understands how full of it Australians are.Wink

Who exactly is "gravely concerned" about what???

I hope you weren't sucked in by the Fake News or the "polling" Tlaz!Wink

Some people might even say that they are concerned about "climate change" when they are in polite company, but very few even understand what it is that they are worried about.

... and that is because AGW is at best an unproven theory being used by the UN to scare the children and extort money.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 5:12pm
Goodness me Doc. That must be close to your most puerile response ever to a post, and that believe me is certainly saying something.  Shocked

Anyone would think it was about 3.00 am in the morning when you wake up after possibly enjoying more than a couple, and apparently make post after post just for the sake of it.  Ermm

Whereas yours truly on the other hand is totally above puerility.  Star 

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Well it's official ( at least according to the ABC) , 2019 was the driest and warmest since 1910.

nah Carioca - thats the thousands of accurate thermometers placed around the globe. ABC are reporters, not climatologists.
2019 was also the hottest year ever for the ocean - what a strange coincidence
But don't you worry about all that - its all a big conspiracyConfusedConfused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm

And people are reading that as a sign that things are going to get better from CoalMo the marketing con man and his team of dinosaurs.Shocked You have got to be kidding me.

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:31pm

"I'm not willing to put someone's job at risk, a region's future at risk.
I'm not going to put up their electricity prices to do it, I'm not
going to put a tax on them to do it."

Coalmo

I'm pretty sure only kooks believe in "anthropogenic global warming" and the local pollies just have to play along for the globalists, media, influential local groups etc.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:32pm

Before much longer the ABC will be preaching that the current Australia Cricket Team is the best since 1910Smile

"The Labuschagne Effect"
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Coalmo

I'm pretty sure only kooks believe in "anthropogenic global warming" and the local pollies just have to play along for the globalists, media, influential local groups etc.

If you live and work in academia or science, you better not rock the boat either!Angry

Peter Ridd. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:37pm
Of course.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Coalmo

If you live and work in academia or science, you better not rock the boat either!Angry

Peter Ridd. 

If you want a Nobel Prize in science you better rock the boat. If you want to be a famous scientist, you have to rock the boat.

Simon Cameron

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:03pm

Coalmo

What do you teach at school stayer - flat earth theory? it's hard to imagine that a person as clueless as you is teaching our children Confused
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:11pm
Yes yes, heard that a few times before from whale etc. Boring.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:13pm
how about you bore me and tell me what is warming the planet then
goanna View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goanna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:22pm
The SUN
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:26pm
^
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 7:27pm

"The Labuschagne Effect"

Yes sir....make sure you get your needles young man , the cricket pitch is not the only place for runs, hope this ODI doesn't bugger up his style.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm

"The Labuschagne Effect"

I was sickened to the core after Warner’s debut t20 innings.
The media headlines declared him the “new Bradman”🤮🤮

Maybe in the sweetheart measure but not ability 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 378379380381382 538>