Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 538>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:07pm
I think you are being singled out Isaac. 
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 5:15am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

may as well just throw in the towel hey Doc

throw in the towel to what exactly marble?

Do you think mankind can really change the weather? 

You just keep on tilting at windmills marble ... just don't waste my taxes on it.

according to people a lot smarter than me mankind has changed the weather - are you living in a cave ? or maybe your just thick - sorry no maybes , you are thick

It's just a theory marble ... there are many others, they are just harder to make money out of.

BTW, the vast majority of people who believe that it is manmade, are not as smart as you ... and therein lies the biggest problem.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:51pm
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:52pm
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 1:55pm
July was the hottest month in recorded history, globally measured, but chilly in Hicksville VIC or wherever you anti-science people live.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 2:02pm
Well I would have been more than happy for it to have been considerably hotter here in Sydney over the past few months.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 3:59pm
The massive increase in the snow areas must puzzle the "Global Warmists".

The med Cupboards being re opened.

Does help at Delusion time.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The massive increase in the snow areas must puzzle the "Global Warmists".

The med Cupboards being re opened.

Does help at Delusion time.

I get the impression from countless posts that anyone who disagrees with you on any topic is mad and in need of meds. Have I got it right, just checking Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:14pm
If you can't see that the Global warming hysteria , is a pointless exercise Whale -----   You are mad .

Concentrate on matters we can do something about , That way you may achieve , for the first time in your life.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

July was the hottest month in recorded history, globally measured, but chilly in Hicksville VIC or wherever you anti-science people live.

"in recorded history" ... is that using the manipulated figures?

btw, how much warmer and how much more CO2 do we need to optimise global crop yields?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 8:42pm
You mean all those crops growing out the back of NSW Doc?
Or have you invested heavily in palm oil?
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:11am
Labor TRYING to be honest.

Labor would have rejected Pacific coal calls: Wong

Labor would have rejected calls from Pacific Island countries for Australia to phase out coal exports, taking the same position as the Coalition, frontbencher Penny Wong said on Sunday.

Criticising Prime Minister Scott Morrison for his government's failure to curb carbon emissions and effectively address climate change after he split with leaders at last week's Pacific Islands Forum, Senator Wong said she too would have rejected a push from the Tuvalu summit for Australia to ban coal.

"Of course not," she told ABC TV.

"Coal remains an important industry for Australia and it remains part of the global energy mix.

"But the point is that these negotiations proceeded on the basis of an Australian government which did not understand nor respect the importance of climate to Pacific Island nations and did not bring to the table any realistic policies to reduce emissions, which is the core of what we should be doing as a responsible nation."

Mr Morrison fought strong language about carbon emissions and coal production during lengthy negotiations, ahead of another meeting of world leaders at the United Nations next month.https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/labor-would-have-rejected-pacific-coal-calls-wong-20190818-p52i9g

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:31am
Are these pacific island leaders lobbying China, America and India hard on carbon emissions? The filthy 3 of greenhouse gas emitters.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 11:42am
They didn't have much luck with our leader on the weekend. China will fix things for them though, and everyone will go out of their minds about China consolidating it's influence in our area(former) of influence.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:14pm
Trust the Islanders are thinking of their long term futures if they engage with China.

If China gets a hold for military bases their homes might become Manus island scenarios.

Who will be their "friends" then?

New Zealand?

Labor must feel as though they dodged a bullet by not winning government, not having to make grown up decisions.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 2:18pm
What do you think Labor should do about this Isaac?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:45pm
I posted the following under another thread, but have posted under this thread.....

Jacinta Arden, the left's poster girl, was the biggest hypocrite at the recent Pacific Forum on Climate Change. This woman had the hide to criticize Morrison over Australia's coal production, of which NZ has little need, because it's blessed with its own own thermal and geophysical advantages to produce power. However Arden ignores the amount of greenhouse emissions NZ produces from livestock emissions in the form of milk, butter, cheese and meat, which BTW were nowhere to be found in the Paris Agreement Agenda.
Sometime back The UN Food and Agricultural organization, in a document called Livestock's Long Shadow declared that the livestock industry contributed between 14.5 % to 18% of the world's greenhouse emissions, more than the entire transport sector, so more than all of the cars, planes, trains. ships etc. 
So after stationery power generation, ruminant animals may well be be the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions because of their methane emissions.

What did Arden say about NZ's reliance on its agricultural production and its effect on world greenhouse emissions......NOTHING.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:57pm
What did she ask Morrison for?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:02pm
I would not want her running Australia
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:06pm
I dont think she is planning to run Australia.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:10pm
Do you think she will ever improve the joint enough to stop half the population wanting to live over here ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:17pm
They seem to like her over there and Kiwis are pretty moderate politically. Like David Lange standing up to the Yanks made him a legend, Jacinda standing up to our feckless Tory bullies will play well domestically I would think.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:19pm
In other words when there where massive herds of wild hooved creatures - before man even tamed them the greenhouse emissions where worst than today?  We are trying to bring back some wild creatures with many of them ruminant animals.  So are we doing incredible damage or the right thing?  Look for every step someone finds something else to blame.

How about we concentrate on what is good for the planet - ie get rid of plastic and try to live the best we can and not waste the worlds resources.  

There are so many threads here that are so muddled with name calling and not trying to understand that we are all trying to live the best we can that its amazing.  I though this was a horse site - it definately was when I joined.  Now mostly the posts are in sports or general and alot of that is just name calling.

What about the planet itself.  Surely the volcanoes etc also add to the greenhouse effect - or do they push the other way towards ice age.  It doesn't matter which.  At the moment we have to sort out ways to get water to the growers of our food.  And we have to stop mining in viable land areas.  The two just don't live together and I'd prefer to buy Australia grown food and having to import all our food as farmers leave the land in droves.  You can't blame them.  They owe the banks and just can't get any income.  If the water was available they would need alot because the land is so depleted.  Even here at the foot of the mountains the land just won't take water anymore.  It is just dust.  It's 100% worst over the other side of the mountains.

So the government have to get off there backsides and sort that problem out.  Or every piece of land will be owned by the banks and they just sell oversea or to the mines.  And yes we may have to farm differently and be much more water saving in the cities.  But Sydney people have done it before and can do it again.  And farmers have been water conservers since day one in Australia.  I've had bucket washes in the country years ago in girlhood in the lusher areas of the south coast of NSW.  The drought had stopped the creek running back then and water was very short.  That bucket did five of us.

For some reason for every step forward we take three back.  Like putting in light rail trains over lines which where closed down.  Like building roads and then charging to drive on them but making it hard to get to some places without using those roads.  Get public transport going in all directions and I'd take it anywhere.  The roads aren't safe and I've lost my nerve with trucks almost tail ending me twice in the last few months!

Coals is looked upon as bad.  But due to the last election coal has been given the right of way in Australia.  Even if some of us would like to cut back on some mines especially where they are on prime land and we all know that when they finish that prime land won't be the same. 

I just saw a report of a bomb blast at a wedding.  Hate and my way or the highway is responsible for so much bloodshed today.  We all worry about our world and what is happening which seems extreme even to me but point fingers and name calling won't help.  If the government wants to keep coal mining then they have to prove to the islanders and NZ that its the best way to go.  If they can do that then they will be governing not just running rough shod over our neighbours or us for that matter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:35pm
Labor or liberal, coal mining was going ahead; it is about jobs.
Lets be asking each other what personal measures we are taking to help the planet.
Continue to recycle; the governements have to work out what to do with the waste. I would have thought that should be a no brainer for some entrepreneurial type.
Plant a tree.
Build a tree canopy to reduce the use of air conditioners.
Dont eat out.
Avoid plastics when shopping.

As for diminishing posters in the horse sites, rally them up furious.
It is a free world.
Arnt we pt?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:37pm
It is a national security issue Isaac.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:47pm
Tuvalu PM is threatening not to send its fruit pickers because he feels insulted.

Great chance for OUR youth to step up. ( the people of Tuvalu might be worried however, missing out on the work)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:49pm
A national security issue re posting on tbv and where i post?LOL

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:52pm
Did Tuvalu get their little Taiwan problem sorted Isaac?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:54pm
I suspect if the pacific islanders continue to blame Australia for their woes the aussie PUBLIC are going to get a bit annoyed.

Talk about biting the hand that helps you.

Grass is not always greener on the other side.

As for Jacinda Ahern lets see how its going at the next election.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:57pm
Ardern....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 538>