Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 538>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 10:38am
Just my luck to live in an age of gradual global warming.Angry Gradual global cooling would suit me fine.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Charging a notional $300 an hour to burn sausages.....

Fantasist...

Go and have a drink with marble and Whale and tell us about all of the "record temperatures"Beer

so you are a prude as well - you're hilarious Doc. I hope your good at picking winners because you have nothing else going for you

I'm hardly a prude marble, my observation is simple - you make no sense, regardless of your level of inebriation ... you also have no credibility, based on your own standards ... too old, too stupid.

... and yet, you still make more sense than rusty!EmbarrassedBeer
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Charging a notional $300 an hour to burn sausages.....

Fantasist...

Go and have a drink with marble and Whale and tell us about all of the "record temperatures"Beer

so you are a prude as well - you're hilarious Doc. I hope your good at picking winners because you have nothing else going for you

I'm hardly a prude marble, my observation is simple - you make no sense, regardless of your level of inebriation ... you also have no credibility, based on your own standards ... too old, too stupid.

... and yet, you still make more sense than rusty!EmbarrassedBeer

but you do, we believe all your vainglorious boasts LOL
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
It’s like a smoker who’s just been diagnosed with emphysema, yeah the damage is done.
But if he doesn’t stop smoking now,it’s going to be so much worse for him....
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Of course I accept the fact of anthropogenic global warming but the knuckleheads do have one point- if Australia stopped emitting carbon tomorrow it would have almost no effect. So unless there is a renewable energy solution that a. solves the intermittency problem,and b.blows fossil fuels out of the water on price, and c. is adopted immediately by the big emitting countries, I can only reach the gloomy conclusion that we are farked.Big smile Am I wrong?

that argument is always put up, no denying it, but is that a reason not to do the right thing and hope every other country does the same ?

Hope? Nobody cares what Australia does Whale, not even the refugees and immigrants - they just come for the welfare - similarly, the UN and the Pacific Island nations are happy to browbeat us, so long as they get their Billions. Most countries are not meeting their Paris Agreement targets - we are, and ironically, so is Trump's USA, even though they pulled out - all those countries care about is their lifestyle. Look at Paris itself! ... ironically, all of the protests sparked by an increase in fuel taxes, designed to reduce emissions!!! Do you think that China and India will do ANYTHING to reduce emissions over the next 12 years - in fact, they will go up as they are committed to hundreds more coal fired plants - and if there is not a clear viable renewable solution then, who will force them to reduce CO2 ... do you think there is a chance they will just do as they please? China will be the biggest economy on the planet by then, with the strongest strategic defence capabilities ... who is going to push them around? 

... oh, and btw, the "warming" simply isn't happening at the alarmist rates promised, and the catastrophic outcomes just keep on failing to materialise.Ouch

We ARE having blackouts though ... and ridiculously high power bills, considering the billions of dollars that the likes of Alex Turnbull and his Dad's rent-seeking mates are pocketing from subsidies ...
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Just my luck to live in an age of gradual global warming.Angry Gradual global cooling would suit me fine.

There are scientists who are predicting that too!Wink
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2019 at 8:19pm
Almost everyone believes in global warming ,young people anyway, but ask them how much the world has heated in the last 140 years ,they don't know.   The world has not heated 1 degree in that time,the last 17 years zero heating.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 11:26am
It's complete BS
EAD
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 3:56pm
I like reading the regular IPCC "apologies" that they put out every few years, with the promise that it WILL happen eventually Cry 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:01pm
Haha, yeah Doc what we they know....
But flat earthers like yourself,just know intuitively,with zero research,that they’re wrong....
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 4:31pm
No. Although the weather feels pretty much the same as it was 50 years ago, I don't know that the temperature hasn't really changed at all, in spite of all of the catastrophic predictions from the Climate Alarmists - I only have confirmation of that after I read the IPCC Apology Report.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
If anyone was serious about this, we'd be talking about how best to protect ourselves and our loved ones for our last 12 years on earth, according to Ally from the Bronx.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:13pm
LOL... she's my second favourite stayer, but I don't think she has worked out how to complete the form to nominate for the Presidency ...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2019 at 5:14pm

LOL... she's my second favourite stayer, but I don't think she has worked out how to complete the form to nominate for the Presidency ...

Did you see her during the SOTU? Looked like she was stuck in a room full of people talking Japanese and kept asking the chick next to her to translate.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
Bill might not need to fund his Climate Change Policy at all!

Sorry Global Warming Alarmists, The Earth Is Cooling

Climate change itself is already in the process of definitively rebutting climate alarmists who think human use of fossil fuels is causing ultimately catastrophic global warming.  That is because natural climate cycles have already turned from warming to cooling, global temperatures have already been declining for more than 10 years, and global temperatures will continue to decline for another two decades or more.

That is one of the most interesting conclusions to come out of the seventh International Climate Change Conference sponsored by the Heartland Institute, held last week in Chicago.  I attended, and served as one of the speakers, talking about The Economic Implications of High Cost Energy.

The conference featured serious natural science, contrary to the self-interested political science you hear from government financed global warming alarmists seeking to justify widely expanded regulatory and taxation powers for government bodies, or government body wannabees, such as the United Nations.  See for yourself, as the conference speeches are online.

What you will see are calm, dispassionate presentations by serious, pedigreed scientists discussing and explaining reams of data.  In sharp contrast to these climate realists, the climate alarmists have long admitted that they cannot defend their theory that humans are causing catastrophic global warming in public debate.  With the conference presentations online, let’s see if the alarmists really do have any response.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2012/05/31/sorry-global-warming-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/?fbclid=IwAR3HlWhLRSQIlq7PN3Ad9TCfQmX_rSu7rfnSmJ0tqra52lhV86lXFu9nrtA#38359bf13de0

Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
What was the warmest year recorded?
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:41pm
Not an Exxon fan Doc?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:42pm
Heartland Institute financed by the Kock brothers...have you no shame Doc?

You aren't even trying any more. Embarrassed
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:44pm
I could list far more, however this should do in relation to this cr@p "Institute" largely funded as it is by the fossil fuel and tobacco industries:

The Heartland Institute is an American conservative and libertarian public policy think tank founded in 1984 and based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The Institute conducts work on issues including education reform, government spending, taxation, healthcare, tobacco policy, global warminghydraulic fracturing, information technology, and free-market environmentalism.

In the 1990s, the Heartland Institute worked with the tobacco company Philip Morris to attempt to discredit the health risks of secondhand smoke and to lobby against smoking bans. In the decade after 2000, the Heartland Institute became a leading promoter of climate change denialIt rejects the scientific consensus on climate change.

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I could list far more, however this should do in relation to this cr@p "Institute" largely funded as it is by the fossil fuel and tobacco industries:

The Heartland Institute is an American conservative and libertarian public policy think tank founded in 1984 and based in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The Institute conducts work on issues including education reform, government spending, taxation, healthcare, tobacco policy, global warminghydraulic fracturing, information technology, and free-market environmentalism.

In the 1990s, the Heartland Institute worked with the tobacco company Philip Morris to attempt to discredit the health risks of secondhand smoke and to lobby against smoking bans. In the decade after 2000, the Heartland Institute became a leading promoter of climate change denialIt rejects the scientific consensus on climate change.

you can see how vulnerable simple victims like DOC can be easily persuaded by these people. There should be some sort of protection or compensation for people like him
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

What was the warmest year recorded?

Four years after that article was written
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:17pm
Unbelievable - like rats up a drain pipe
Refer ALP Election Promises
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:36pm
Lol I would say Heartland are a bit like our think tanks on here oneonesit.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Heartland Institute financed by the Kock brothers...have you no shame Doc?

You aren't even trying any more. Embarrassed

I thought it would make you happy PT, since Bill could just quote this, and then he could stop answering all those questions about how much his Climate Alarm Policies will cost ... 

What was that? ... he hasn't?? ... none of them!!!??? Embarrassed
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 12:21am
Why don't they re run the concerns about Global Warming from the 1960's / 70's,   when 10 years ahead the wonderful Scientists predicted doom in a decade.     . We were to be starving to death , wearing gas masks , by 1975 , then 1980 , 1995 ...........   before the pending Ice Age got a run ..
Tasmania was to sink and float away ....   
Bondi beach was moving to Lithgow .        YES , the same scientists who want cows to be removed before we gasp our last.
   Talk about Religion as being a delusion , Climate Change sits there as just as big a daydream.
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 1:08am
How come you don’t send your messages to TBV via Aus Post Macca?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Softy Softy wrote:

How come you don’t send your messages to TBV via Aus Post Macca?

Because their like GLOBAL WARMING...=   IT NEVER ARRIVES>
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 2:30am
Thrust and parry!Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 2:30am
We are in a period of cooling now.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:06am
You must be pretty proud that you found one 7 year old article that supports your argument, Doc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 538>