Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Climate Change - Global Warming..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 281282283284285 540>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Am I reading that correctly Gai in saying it is cooler now than in 1998.

you are reading it correctly macca - but any year can provide a spike. the idea is to draw a straight line to observe a trend. then the result is painfully obvious

I always remember my first 2 jobs in the 1940's.    Somewhere around / after 1946 when on a dairy in the Hunter ( Putty NSW )   a terrible drought . Cattle dying , The heat , the countryside like dirt only. Farmers cutting down trees in the hope some food may save some cattle .
Later 1949 in the coldest hole in this world , doing night shift on the Railways in Orange NSW ( snow Country ) near the highest peak of the Great Divide.      Ohhh So cold , Traffic Nil , due to snow . Stopped Trains , the lot.        . I see no Difference today if your in these areas on the ever changing weather cycles.
We have yearly seasons ( cycles ) probably 10 yearly 50 -- 100   --200 -- 500-- 1000 yearly cycles. What's new pussycat.

We are more informed these days and the greatest disaster in OZ ( causing loss of life ) was in 1899, when few people lived here. ...     So where's the argument about severe weather events.

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 5:58pm
you are correct, we have had severe weather events since the dawn of time - only now they are more severe and more frequent
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Am I reading that correctly Gai in saying it is cooler now than in 1998.

Well not to my way of interpreting Confused
I assumed those figures below the zero line to be cooler '79 - '97 & those above/thereafter to be warmer.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 6:36pm
'98 was hot, hot, hot !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:00pm

you are correct, we have had severe weather events since the dawn of time - only now they are more severe and more frequent

They couldn't be more severe than in 1899..      The TV back then wasn't as clear and the harsh weather made reception poor.
   Only more frequent because we have more avenues reporting them.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

'98 was hot, hot, hot !

Extremely hot Max .    Was the year my ex eloped with the neighbour.

Granted I have sweated a lot more since , but that's   due to the fear he might bring her back.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 7:09pm
haha !
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:10pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Hey marbles, you'll get your chance to fcuk the joint up ... it's our turn now, so wait in line!

Just imagine if a warming planet was actual causing greening and a time of plenty, as it always has during the history of the planet ... I wouldn't want to be the one who caused it to cool ... even the dinosaurs couldn't survive that gelati!Stern Smile

Seriously, a couple of decent volcanic eruptions, and it won't matter if the entire planet gave up fossil fuels for a decade! 

... to even think humanity can effect the planet in any significant way is simply arrogant.

Dr - to even think we havent affected the planet is irrational and destructive. There are a few slow people who might agree with you , an odd mad scientist or deranged politician who might but you are in the vast minority.

Have you been to shanghai lately. you cant even spend a few hours outside before getting a headache.
climate change deniers should all be shifted there to choke on your own emissions

ummm, that's called pollution.

Did I actually say that we haven't affected the planet? ... didn't think so - read again.

Polluters are bad, but don't bother recycling - Did ya hear the one about the South Australian Recycling Plant that had to shut down ... couldn't afford the electricity to keep operating! Hahahahaha ... ahhh - Hilarious, if it wasn't true!Embarrassed

Come on marbles, you can do better than that ... what about the Great Barrier Reef, and the rising sea levels, and the Bundy Bears ... what about the Drop Bears? ... all just as relevant and clear signs of "Climate Change" ... and we can't stop it ... what we do is equivalent to a small child peeing in an Olympic pool ...

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:30pm
... to even think humanity can effect the planet in any significant way is simply arrogant.

this is what you posted Dr 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:35pm
We sure did it to the ozone layer.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 8:38pm

Did I actually say that we haven't affected the planet? ... didn't think so - read again.

P

[/QUOTE]

Virtually yes, you said this :

Seriously, a couple of decent volcanic eruptions, and it won't matter if the entire planet gave up fossil fuels for a decade!

and did not answer this :

However, it currently takes humanity only 2.5 hours to put out the same amount.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Hey marbles, you'll get your chance to fcuk the joint up ... it's our turn now, so wait in line!

Just imagine if a warming planet was actual causing greening and a time of plenty, as it always has during the history of the planet ... I wouldn't want to be the one who caused it to cool ... even the dinosaurs couldn't survive that gelati!Stern Smile

Any answer to this :

or just ignore and move on to the next convenient lie ?

Thanks for that Whale ... it gains so much more credibility when you say it ...LOLLOLLOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:45pm

this is what you posted Dr 

Well done marble, you can use the "QUOTE" button, can you, or SOMEONE PLEASE teach Whale ff$!!!Cry 

SORRY! ... yes, that is literally what I posted ... so what is your point?

Are you trying to compete with Whale's lack of comprehension skills???Embarrassed
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 10:51pm

LOLLOLLOL ... did GetUp say that?
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:02pm
Beware marble!

Whale suffers "selective dyslexia" ... best to only read every second post of his (it any) ... and backwards! ... because that's how he reads my posts!!Wacko

Ask your 4th grade English teacher (NOT Whale's!) if she can help you to comprehend this sentence (I've provided a hint!Wink

"... to even think humanity can effect the planet in any significant way is simply arrogant."

Now write one hundred times;

I will read every post by Dr E thoroughly. I will dismiss any comments by Whale.
I will read every post by Dr E thoroughly. I will dismiss any comments by Whale.
I will read every post by Dr E thoroughly. I will dismiss any comments by Whale ...Thumbs Up
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:07pm

Beware marble!

Whale suffers "selective dyslexia" ... best to only read every second post of his (it any) ... and backwards! ... because that's how he reads my posts!!Wacko

Ask your 4th grade English teacher (NOT Whale's!) if she can help you to comprehend this sentence (I've provided a hint!Wink

"... to even think humanity can effect the planet in any significant way is simply arrogant."

Now write one hundred times;

I will read every post by Dr E thoroughly. I will dismiss any comments by Whale ...Thumbs Up

still ignoring this doc

after you said this

ignore all you like but you were wrong and Judge showed you up for the lying, loudmouthed fool you are Smile
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:13pm
The volcano thing was done years ago....that's for the seriously scientifically illiterate.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:15pm
Yawn ...asked and answered ... next.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

haha !

Yes Me too=
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2017 at 11:40pm
Your ex wife comment was the only sensible thing I've read here for two pages Macca. I wont bother with the rest.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 2:41pm
What I write TB is always the only sense on any pages.

You stopped the clock with that last post === congratulations.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 11:42pm
are you tired of being outraged yet macca? i know i am.

let them learn by long, hard experience....sadly

and only then may they understand where you were coming from.

they will be usurped

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

are you tired of being outraged yet macca? i know i am.

let them learn by long, hard experience....sadly

and only then may they understand where you were coming from.

they will be usurped

600 billion in debt and going backwards.    . Still they don't see what a maybe delusion is doing to us.

We subsidize the world to give others our resources to burn for cheap energy.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2017 at 10:17pm
HAHAHAHA oh you have to read it.

The academics are having dysrithmias to their cerebral hemispheres.

The Thermostats tell them Tasmania and Sydney have had numerous days with November temperatures over 25 degrees .       That has only happened twice before in 118 years.          . We are going to be cooked.

HAHAHA      .WOT did they blame 118 years ago ...   HAHAHA
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 12:31pm

What’s the net cost of using renewables to hit Australia’s climate target? Nothing

https://theconversation.com/whats-the-net-cost-of-using-renewables-to-hit-australias-climate-target-nothing-88021

Authors

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 12:56pm
What a crock of Turnbull!Censored

We've just been told that the cost of some idiots decision to abandon reliable cheap coal will result in electricity prices going up by an average $1000 p.a. in the next 2 years, whilst we continue to subsidise the unreliable windmills and solar panels (all manufactured in China, using our coal to produce the power to build them)!

Fcuk the Paris Climate Agreement, unless we can be a "Third World Country" and have the same "targets" as they do ... none!

The time is right for Australians to grow up, expose the liars and vested interest like Soros and Musk who push this fraud for what they are - Rent Seekers. If not for dumb ass politicians, Musk would've been bankrupt years ago - not one of his businesses has ever turned a profit.

One word for Australia, wake up, the future is ... Nuclear.  
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:07pm
Is the science on nuclear settled Doc?
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Is the science on nuclear settled Doc?

The waste isn't, that's for sure.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:19pm
Doc might let them store it in his foil lined bunker
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Doc might let them store it in his foil lined bunker

Same as the suggested coal damage.      The answer is unknown but what Australia does isn't going to change anything.
We are sentencing ourselves to unsustainable energy costs = FOR WHAT.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 281282283284285 540>