Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NSW Bushfires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:17pm
I doubt many people gave 3/4 of 1% of their net wealth
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

WA mining magnate Andrew Forrest and his wife Nicola have donated $70 million towards the national bush fire relief and recovery effort.

Clap

Andrew Forrest owns a large portion of Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (FMG) is an iron ore production and exploration company with assets located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.

Surely not a person who has made all his money by extracting dreadful minerals from the ground ?

Thankfully if he had not extracted minerals that donation would not have been made.

What do the Greens think about that ?

Bob, what a fantastic donation from twiggy and he certainly didn’t need to do it but don’t forget they are our minerals that have made him rich

Policies of the UEA are often front of mind for me
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:22pm
You didn't give $50?  ShockedShocked
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

You didn't give $50?  ShockedShocked

no that would be 3.75%, I did my bit with $10 Smile
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

BB do you ever post without pushing your political views Clown

OccasionallyWink
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:46pm
I gave $100, which is less than 3.75 % of one per cent of my worth, although I do give to other charities throughout the year.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 7:21pm

WA iron ore magnate Andrew Forrest has moved to clarify his stance on climate change after pointing at arson as a contributor to this summer's devastating fire season.

In Perth on Thursday, Mr Forrest and wife Nicola announced their philanthropic arm, the Minderoo Foundation, would donate $70 million to...

In a statement issued later in the day, Mr Forrest said he "unequivocally" believed climate change was real and he accepted the warming of our planet was a "primary cause of the catastrophic events".

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:39am
Amazing story of the very recognizable interpreter from the RFS 

In the middle of Australia's #bushfire crisis, some faces have become familiar. One of those, standing to the right of the Commissioner is #Auslan interpreter Sean Sweeney. https://ab.co/35JTrrq

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Amazing story of the very recognizable interpreter from the RFS 

In the middle of Australia's #bushfire crisis, some faces have become familiar. One of those, standing to the right of the Commissioner is #Auslan interpreter Sean Sweeney. https://ab.co/35JTrrq

I love that guy, he's the best!Clap

Some of those interpreters are mesmerising - I sometimes find myself watching the expressions on their faces, and not listening to what's being said!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 11:34am
Its raining here heavy enough to douse fires.   There is only one slow moving fire in our vicinity but not sure the rain has reached it yet.  Hope so as its in an area they havnt been able to get into for weeks.
Can anyone tell me how Adaminaby has fared in the fire please ?
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 12:14pm
It looks rather pitiful on the BOM Cry

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 2:17pm
Yeah, think we have got all we are going to get.  At least its nice and cool. 
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:32am
I am no climate scientist nor a Murdoch voodoo science opinion hack but I think the drought broke here last night. Should put out our 10 week old bush-fire. Thumbs Up

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 10:24am
Image result for joeys hugging each other in fires&quot;
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:00am
Poor little buggas.  The wildlife are in for a rough few years.  There will be very little left on Kangaroo Island. 
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:13pm

I am no climate scientist nor a Murdoch voodoo science opinion hack but I think the drought broke here last night. Should put out our 10 week old bush-fire. Thumbs Up

That's amazing PT ... I mean that you admitted that you are no expert.Clap

The rain is hardly amazing though - even though it came 4 months ahead of the BOM prediction guess - I mean, that's exactly what happened after the last drought, and the one before that, and the one before that, and etc, ... ahhhh yes, listen to the HISTORY ... fcuk the Green Climate Alarmist HYSTERIA!!! RRRREEEEEEE!!! Big smile
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Poor little buggas.  The wildlife are in for a rough few years.  There will be very little left on Kangaroo Island. 

It's OK aa ... history tells us that the bush will regenerate, the feed will grow back, we will have a few good seasons, the animals will be in plague proportions and we will need to cull them again!Big smile
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

<div ="-outer"="" id="-outer" style="width: 864px; height: 459px; display: block;">

That's amazing PT ... I mean that you admitted that you are no expert.Clap

The rain is hardly amazing though - even though it came 4 months ahead of the BOM prediction guess - I mean, that's exactly what happened after the last drought, and the one before that, and the one before that, and etc, ... ahhhh yes, listen to the HISTORY ... fcuk the Green Climate Alarmist HYSTERIA!!! RRRREEEEEEE!!! Big smile

Jeez Doc, get with the program.
A bit of rain, nor a cloudy day doesn’t mean the climates not changing.

Even Scotty from marketing admits it’s happening.
Only problem, is the dope thinks the only action we should take is not to mitigate, but to adapt.

Scotty should f**ck off back to Hawaii......
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 9:24pm
So you're a Vegan now.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:48pm
That’s silly Doc.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:57pm
Dirty big black clouds with thunder and lightening coming up from the south west ... I know ... climate change.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm

You really don't know the difference between weather and climate, do you ?

Don't worry.  I am here to help....

Science >> Earth Science for Kids

Science for Kids

Climate

What is climate?

Climate is the average measurements of temperature, wind, humidity, snow, and rain in a place over the course of years. Climate is like the weather, but over a long time.

Climate vs. Weather

Climate is different than weather. Weather is changes in the atmosphere that occur on a daily basis. The weather we experience today could be completely different than the weather we have tomorrow.

Climate is a pattern of weather that occurs over a long time such as years and centuries. For example, the climate in an area could be dry in that it rarely rains there. However, on days when it does rain, the weather is rainy for that day. The climate doesn't change, it's still a dry climate.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:31pm
If Doc was a sheep he's be a wether.  Big smile
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:17pm
SC, you are on fire, T, please share that with Greta. Thanks!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 7:54pm
Our climate, and our weather, changed today.  Thumbs Up Not over time but instantly.
The climate went from being hot and dry for ages, to flogging down rain and hail.
The weather went from 36 and humid to 27 and cool.
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:14pm
Clap
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:18pm

Our climate, and our weather, changed today.  Thumbs Up Not over time but instantly.
The climate went from being hot and dry for ages, to flogging down rain and hail.

what cra p.

Doc likes it though, that is a wonderful endorsement LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:23pm
I just like likeable people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:31pm
Oh I am flattered, thanks Doc Smile

Youre My Best Friend GIF - Panda Baby Hug GIFs
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:16pm

Science >> Earth Science for Kids

Science for Kids

Climate

What is climate?

Climate is the average measurements of temperature, wind, humidity, snow, and rain in a place over the course of years. Climate is like the weather, but over a long time.

Climate vs. Weather

Climate is different than weather. Weather is changes in the atmosphere that occur on a daily basis. The weather we experience today could be completely different than the weather we have tomorrow.

Climate is a pattern of weather that occurs over a long time such as years and centuries. For example, the climate in an area could be dry in that it rarely rains there. However, on days when it does rain, the weather is rainy for that day. The climate doesn't change, it's still a dry climate.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 14>