Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

LNP government.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 662663664665666 760>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:32pm
LIKE A SAD PIECE OF EXCREMENT -
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Strategy? Liberal Party?

As the vast majority of Victorian voters are clearly aware the two are entirely mutually exclusive.  
State issues and Federal issues are quite different SC. ALP has done a good job for Vics, and they didn't want to consider the other guy, because he was a virtual ghost, and about as popular as Shorten in his own party.

But really, would you risk ALP in charge at State level AND Federal level - a lot of people worry about that.

Did you read rusty's endorsement of my assumptions, and my answers to your property questions SC? 

I hope it's clearer now.Thumbs Up

... and CNNPT STILL hasn't corrected me? ... we must assume that I have got it right!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

LIKE A SAD PIECE OF EXCREMENT -

Is that all you disagree with? ... Ok, I will retract that. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:42pm
Staggering, isn’t it? I thought with a seat like Mayo over here (professional, affluent, economically conservative, socially progressive), the Libs couldn’t possibly lose it- when they did to an independent, I thought well fair enough, those people would never vote Labor.

It seems in Victoria these people have actually voted Labor. As I said, staggering.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">LIKE A SAD PIECE OF EXCREMENT -</span>

Is that all you disagree with? ... Ok, I will retract that. 

You have improved PT Doc.

I've seen the day when he would have called that , shxt.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:46pm
Independents who garnered about 0.3% of the primary vote look like taking as many as 10 seats in the Upper House.  

More seats than the Libs and their putative Country mates I'm almost terribly disappointed to say.  Cry Clap
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:47pm
People vote through their pockets Judge ... the LNP has the country "singing" economically, and Andrews was clever enough to take advantage. The LNP guy isn't very good at politics either.Thumbs Down

Again, let's see how people react to a Federal Labor, led by Where's Billy, when they realise the personal cost of their economic policies around property and retirees.

Do you think they have time to overhaul or scrap them altogether? ... I think that would be a good way of taking advantage of this momentum ...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:48pm
Would the Bennelong motion even been voted on had the Warringah motion not been brought on by Abbott and Molan?

They brought on the fight, were beaten and a compromise accepted. Had they left it alone the party would have just nominated Molan on top of the ticket as an incumbant.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Independents who garnered about 0.3% of the primary vote look like taking as many as 10 seats in the Upper House.  

More seats than the Libs and their putative Country mates I'm almost terribly disappointed to say.  Cry Clap

The preference whisperers were at it again. They changed the rules in the federal system to eliminate all the micros in the first round State Victoria didn't reform.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:55pm

Would the Bennelong motion even been voted on had the Warringah motion not been brought on by Abbott and Molan?

They brought on the fight, were beaten and a compromise accepted. Had they left it alone the party would have just nominated Molan on top of the ticket as an incumbant.

There, did it hurt to tell the truth?

You really are so pretentious and arrogant as to think it is clever when you deliberately mislead people, don't you?Embarrassed

I will retract that retraction, until such time as you retract all of your lies.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:59pm
Few, Liberal Party votes included, will mourn Molan's premature but entirely welcome passing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:59pm
voters
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 3:59pm
You can spin it any way you like. As you are spinning the result yesterday.

I see Mad Maddie from the Terrorgraph wrote a piece today claiming Victorian Libs lost because Guy didn't go hard enough on safe schools. One of your best people. LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:00pm

People vote through their pockets Judge ... the LNP has the country "singing" economically, and Andrews was clever enough to take advantage. The LNP guy isn't very good at politics either.Thumbs Down

Again, let's see how people react to a Federal Labor, led by Where's Billy, when they realise the personal cost of their economic policies around property and retirees.

Do you think they have time to overhaul or scrap them altogether? ... I think that would be a good way of taking advantage of this momentum ...

Some might, but people vote for a variety of reasons. In a lot of blue ribbon Adelaide and Melbourne seats, and I’d imagine in seats like Wentworth, their “pockets” are going to be OK regardless of who is in power. Other things are swaying them.

The lunar right can pretend they don’t need these people, but they’re kidding themselves.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:06pm
Oh dear, nothing to do with Federal issues Doc? Embarrassed 

How is she going to keep him out of NSW when he lives there? LOL

Gladys Berejiklian says Scott Morrison not needed in NSW election campaign

After Victorian Liberals’ drubbing, the NSW premier says her government will stand ‘on its own two feet’

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/25/gladys-berejiklian-says-scott-morrison-not-needed-in-nsw-election-campaign

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm

You really are so pretentious and arrogant as to think it is clever when you deliberately mislead people, don't you?Embarrassed

I will retract that retraction, until such time as you retract all of your lies.

you really said that, no mirrors in your place Confused

It must be so upsetting that he keeps his calm, does not resort to stupid insults and destroys you in every instance.

In the meantime you scream, abuse ,insult, is that how you talk to clients in your imaginary business LOL
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Some might, but people vote for a variety of reasons. In a lot of blue ribbon Adelaide and Melbourne seats, and I’d imagine in seats like Wentworth, their “pockets” are going to be OK regardless of who is in power. Other things are swaying them.

The lunar right can pretend they don’t need these people, but they’re kidding themselves.

I am of the firm opinion that there is a migration in progress - both ways - seems to be a lot more "politicians" moving their allegiances from the left to the right, stating the party left them, they didn't leave the party. The traditional ALP ideology of working for the individuals has turned in a different direction. Right or wrong, there are definite perceptions.

The former Conservative strongholds, have become too wealthy as you point out, and have reverted their attention to the progressive Idealisms of gender fluidity, climate change, and other virtue signaling issues. Electorates like Wentworth, I would argue, will not be liberal Party strongholds again, until something major happens (recession under an ALP government for example). This was borne out in Wentworth - the reality is that Malcolm held it for 14 years and was never conservative, always lurching to the left - yes you are right, those leafy high-income high public servant ratio suburbs have and are changing.

It may turn out to be the ALP Federal Government we had to have ... and if they do put their policies into place, it will be messy and short-lived!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:20pm

Oh dear, nothing to do with Federal issues Doc? Embarrassed 

How is she going to keep him out of NSW when he lives there? LOL

Gladys Berejiklian says Scott Morrison not needed in NSW election campaign

After Victorian Liberals’ drubbing, the NSW premier says her government will stand ‘on its own two feet’

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/25/gladys-berejiklian-says-scott-morrison-not-needed-in-nsw-election-campaign

Ummm, are you a fan of Gladys' political instincts? ... tell the truth now ...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:23pm

Do you have a link to that study?

He’s got a scrapbook, and he’s cut up letters from the newspapers like an 8yo to tell his own story.
I’m sure he’s very proud of it,and will ask his carer if you can come around and see it....
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

you really said that, no mirrors in your place Confused

It must be so upsetting that he keeps his calm, does not resort to stupid insults and destroys you in every instance.

In the meantime you scream, abuse ,insult, is that how you talk to clients in your imaginary business LOL

I'm happy for you to be pretentious and arrogant Whale, so long as you tell the truth and make a valid point ... I have no problem with anyone who does that.

My issue is only with people who know the facts, but lie ... and EVERYONE should be concerned by that.Embarrassed
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:24pm
... have I seriously ever insulted anyone? ... if it is true of their character, is it really an insult Whale?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:28pm

I am of the firm opinion that there is a migration in progress - both ways - seems to be a lot more "politicians" moving their allegiances from the left to the right, stating the party left them, they didn't leave the party. The traditional ALP ideology of working for the individuals has turned in a different direction. Right or wrong, there are definite perceptions.

The former Conservative strongholds, have become too wealthy as you point out, and have reverted their attention to the progressive Idealisms of gender fluidity, climate change, and other virtue signaling issues. Electorates like Wentworth, I would argue, will not be liberal Party strongholds again, until something major happens (recession under an ALP government for example). This was borne out in Wentworth - the reality is that Malcolm held it for 14 years and was never conservative, always lurching to the left - yes you are right, those leafy high-income high public servant ratio suburbs have and are changing.

It may turn out to be the ALP Federal Government we had to have ... and if they do put their policies into place, it will be messy and short-lived!

So you’ll just sacrifice those seats. Brilliant....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:31pm

It’s hilarious that you are so clueless about your cluelessness.

Their research screamed that Scomo is on the nose, it’s almost like he’s been eating onions like they were apples.

I really hope they follow your advice and Stay the course.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:39pm

... have I seriously ever insulted anyone? ... if it is true of their character, is it really an insult Whale?

Hey Dummy!
So glad that’s how you feel.
I was starting to feel guilty about some comments I’ve been making about your lack of smarts,and your appalling personality.
Since you continually prove I’m right,we’re all good.
Carry on ranting !

#on line fantasist, who pretends he’s a successful businessman ......
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:43pm

If the people decide they want to go down the slippery slope of  Socialism/Globalism/Communism, that is their decision - you can only remind them and warn them so many times ... when they are raiding Taronga Park Zoo for protein, and their Harbourside Mansions are worth $100 trillion South Pacific Rupees, and a loaf of bread $1 Trillion if you can find one, then they may question their allegiances ...
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Hey Dummy!
So glad that’s how you feel.
I was starting to feel guilty about some comments I’ve been making about your lack of smarts,and your appalling personality.
Since you continually prove I’m right,we’re all good.
Carry on ranting !

#on line fantasist, who pretends he’s a successful businessman ......

see that is the difference, I am neither dumb nor unsuccessful - you, on the other hand, are a deranged jealous moron, without a shadow of a doubt.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:54pm
Oh Dummy,
It’s both cute and sad that you think anyone might be jealous of you...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm

If the people decide they want to go down the slippery slope of  Socialism/Globalism/Communism, that is their decision - you can only remind them and warn them so many times ... when they are raiding Taronga Park Zoo for protein, and their Harbourside Mansions are worth $100 trillion South Pacific Rupees, and a loaf of bread $1 Trillion if you can find one, then they may question their allegiances ...

You left out Marxism..and how globalism equates to socialism is anyone’s guess. Bizarre...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 5:00pm
You totally beat me to the globalization/socialism alleged nexus Judge.   Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 5:03pm
They’re almost mutually exclusive...I swear he gets dumber by the post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 662663664665666 760>